Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra John Williams Concert - Nov 26th

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by Doc_Bev, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here's another event that's been on the calendar for a while now, but I didn't see a seperate thread for it...

On both Nov 25th & 26th the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra is doing a Star Wars Spectacular featuring John Williams pieces from all 6 SW films along with other favorite tunes.

EDIT:

2. The Rebellion will be attending this concert on Saturday Nov 26th

3. We need to arrive at 6pm to change into costumes. The concert begins at 8pm.

4. Tickets are complimentary for those who will be volunteering in costume.

5. Here is the name/address for where we need to be: Kleinhans Music Hall at 370 Pennsylvania St, Buffalo, NY 14201.

6. ~Doc_Bev
  7. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Saturday would be best for me that way I can ask to be schedualed in the morning at the mall. It being right after thanksgiving They don't like ginging you time off, but if I can offer to work part of the day then I can have the time off I need. If I asked for Friday I probably would not get it off , as I have to work for Wegmans during the day & then would have to be available for the mall at night.
  8. DarSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    Perhaps there will be more details about this event after tonight's event in Buffalo. Good luck. (I wish I could go tonight. :()
  9. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There is a 4 page thread over on the Buffalo boards that has some details. Since we have almost a month. I'm sure more details will be forthcoming.

At the moment, I'm planning on having our group go out for the Saturday concert. But past that I'm not going to work any more on this until after Halloween.

~Doc_Bev
  10. Marko_Ragnos Jedi Master

star 4
    It would be great to have you guys coming.
    We are trying to organize something so people can see your costumes on stage during the performance.
  11. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I ws contacted by the BPO this morning and the wheels are in motion for an appearance. I'll keep everyone updated.
  12. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
  13. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    The BPO has asked for a list of costumes that will be coming. I'll also need to know which night everyone will be coming.
  14. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    i'd be looking at saturday night

Maybe Jedi, maybe Tie Fighter Pilot (if i can get the costume together by then
  15. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK... Starting the official volunteer list...

*moved list further down thread*

Anyone else interested in going to this?

~Doc_Bev
  16. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hell Yeah! I'm down for another night with our Buffalo Buds- Count me in as a SANDTROOPER-
    That way we won't have any boot Malfunctions...
    Saturday would be best. Friday is a Maybe.
    Duane
  17. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK - I'm confused... I thought it was your TD boots that had the blow out. So wouldn't that mean you'd be in as Scout?

~Doc_Bev
  18. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    no he only brought his biker scout to buffalo, it was those boots that had the blowout
  19. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Gotcha. I thought I was bringing his helmet because he had wanted to do TK that night. Thus my confusion...

In other news, I want to make sure we can get a group rate for those of us going - so please let's all get our tickets at the same time.

~Doc_Bev
  20. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I just talked to the BPO. They would like a list of costumes ASAP to help with the planning. The first half of the show is going to be various John Williams scores, and the second half is dedicated to Star Wars.

Show starts at 8. Please plan to arrive at 6. We have 2 seperate dressing rooms again to secure our belongings.
  21. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Saturday would be better for me as well... It sounds like fun :)
  22. Ayka Jedi Knight

star 1
    A Saturday it seems would be the most acceptable to most of us. However, since im in Retail, there is Absolutly no Possible way I can take off the 25th (Commonly referred to as BLACK Friday), and It'd be a Miracle if I got off the 26th, so up until the week before, I'll have to be counted as a Tenetive for the Saturday.

I guess it'd also have to depend on Ticket Prices too =/
  23. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I confirmed the ticket situation with the BPO today. Anyone appearing in costume will get in for free.
  24. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    WooHoo! Yay for FREE!
    Great deal BobaChris!

*moving list to page 2*

~Doc_Bev
  25. DarSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    I'd be interested. Which costume would you prefer for me to wear (so I won't duplicate anyone)? Classic ANH white Leia, Ewok village Leia, Mara Jade or Royal Guard?
  26. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    DarSolo I think I'll let BobaChris decide which costume he thinks will best fit the event. And, BobaChris - while you're at it - which costume should I wear too? :)

~Doc_Bev
  27. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  28. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    To be totally honest, any of those costumes would work. They will be playing Princess Leia's theme, so that might be the winner.

Either one would be cool.

Here is a list of the costumes that will be there on Saturday night:

Lisa - PADV
    Rob - Royal Guard
    Scott - Boba Fett
    Jay - Scout
    Danielle - helper
    Marty - Han Solo
    Chris - Vader
    Mindy - Bariss
    Janice - Emperor
    Larry - Obi Wan
    Jason - Royal Guard
    Jaime - Jar Jar
    Gil - Pilot
    Shawn - Stormtrooper
  29. jedimaster1610 Jedi Master

star 1
    Im definately in for saturdays concert, as long as I'd be able to get a ride with someone.
  30. Ayka Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've just been told that the chances I get either of the two days off from work are about equal to a Sandperson living on Hoth...

I'll keep my fingers crossed though ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.