main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Buffalo Sabres - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by DarthMayer, Sep 25, 2007.

?

Buffalo Sabres - What do you think?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. They will finally bring home the cup!

10.0%
  2. Three-pete of Finals loser.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Repeat of President's cup?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Just sneek in the playoffs and bomb.

10.0%
  5. Become injury plagued like the Bills and suck.......

10.0%
  6. Otther - List below.

70.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMayer

DarthMayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2006
    What do think the Sabres will do this year?

Let's see who has vision.................I think they will bomb in the playoffs.

[face_praying]

2. JEDI_SMURF

JEDI_SMURF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Ask me again at the beginning of 2008. The Sabres have so many players that need to step up and take more of an active role to ensure the success of the team that I think it is too soon to evaluate the Buffalo Sabres until we know what those players can do.

3. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    I picked other...there going to bomb the whole season.

4. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I'm with Jay on this, The team made absolutely no effort in signing any marquee players after the departure of Drury and Briere. I know two players arent the whole team but signing Vanek to a longterm big deal wasnt the answer. I would of let him go with the other two and found some good seasoned talent that was marginally on the cheap and went with them. I also would of relied on my farm system, which they do, and brought up some of the boys from Rochester and gave them some full time spots. Until they realize what they need to do the team will go nowhere.

The prime example was the cup year in 99, they had one of the greatest goalies in Hasek and surrounded him with good to really good talent and they went all the way to the cup and lost on a bad call. All they need is some good talent with the right combination of speed and size and they will succeed.

This concludes my attempt at being an sports reporter.....lol:cool:

5. longbino

longbino Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2004
    They are probably still a playoff team just a 5th or 6th seed now that could win a 1st round but not much more than that. Ottawa, Pittsburgh, and the Rangers are too good now. I am not worried about the Islanders or Leafs and the Devils are on a decline with too many old players. Altalta and Tampa will probably finish ahead of us too.

6. Marko_Ragnos

Marko_Ragnos Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I say they finnish 5th, 6th or 7th, which is very good still. Today you have to be 10 games to 14 games above .500 to be in playoffs.

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I think they'll go deep into the playoffs, but they may still be lacking a piece or two to win it all. They have speed. They have hungry players waiting for a chance to prove themselves. As Dan said, if they utilize their farm system, they will only improve what they already have.

The remaining players have a lot to prove this year. They may feel the need to shwo everyone that it wasn't Brier and Drury who made them winners.

either way, they'll still do better than the Bills!!

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Sabres should be fun to watch this year.

BTW- Did ANYONE get tickets for that New Years outdoor game? We tried, but by the time the Ticketmaster here in Cleveland figured out they don't offer Buffalo events...they were ALL gone! :_|

9. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I know Chris wanted some, but I don't think he got them.

Since it's outdoors, how are they going to stop you from watching?

*EDIT* I voted to see them get the cup, who knows? ;)

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Just wanted to let my fellow "Tatonka" know I was rooting for you guys during the recent "Winter Classic" (tried getting tickets, but curse this "Hanna Montana" ticket scalping world we live in.

So here's how the various factions at the Krash homestead faced off:

[image=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/Krash_Shadow12/Bluejackets%20-%20PepsiGirls/WinterClassic_Em.jpg]
    Em - Let's go PENS! (and Crosby)

[image=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/Krash_Shadow12/Bluejackets%20-%20PepsiGirls/WinterClassic_Dad.jpg]
    Dad - Best of both worlds, he even threw on a Audette (red/black years) jersey

[image=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/Krash_Shadow12/Bluejackets%20-%20PepsiGirls/WinterClassic_Tatonka.jpg]
    Myself - LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!

Mom - Sat back and mocked us for throwing pillows at one another during the game

Ok, so "Sid the Kid" killed us in a shootout...it still was agreat hockey game to watch!

11. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Bomb the season. Playoffs? Fogettaboutit.

12. Marko_Ragnos

Marko_Ragnos Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Can't believe I said that!:oops:

13. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Wouldn't be Buffalo without the Sabres!

14. swtrooper

swtrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    They re gonna bomb! By losing Briere and Drury and not even offering them a contract was a slap in the face! Destroy the foundation and the rest comes crumbling down!
    Anyways GO FLAMES GO! Number 1 in northwest and third in conference.

15. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] And trust me, thats all I hear about at work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.