main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Buffy/Crossovers] Sunnydrabble High - 5/1: Keeping the Beat (Angel)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    This is the thread for my Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel drabbles. Though most of these aren't crossovers, quite a few are.

As of April 15, 2009, I have posted crossovers with:

Action League Now!
    Cluedo
    Doctor Who
    Gilmore Girls
    Happy Days

James Bond
    The Pretender
    Quantum Leap

Title: Quantum Vamp
    Crossover with: [i]Quantum Leap[/i]
    Originally Posted: 13 April, 1998

The grogginess that followed Leaping vanished as Sam's side slammed into something hard as stone. He used the gravestone to stand up, then risked a look around.

A teenage girl stood several yards away, brandishing a wooden stake. With a primal yell, she leaped straight at him, easily covering the distance. Sam rolled to the side. "What are you doing?"

The girl tilted her head. "Hmm. You're a vampire; I'm the Slayer. You do the math."

"Vampire?" Sam gasped. "Vampires don't exist!"

"Look in a mirror and say that. No, wait. You can't." She sprang after him again.

"Oh boy!"

2. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Undead Jarod
    Crossover with: The Pretender
    Originally Posted: 12 June, 1998

Buffy saw the vampire skulking through the cemetery. Without preamble, she ran after it and attacked. The creature, which looked like it had once been a man in his thirties, dodged every attack, but never took the offensive.

"Buffy," he hissed.

"Vampire."

"My name is Jarod." He suddenly kicked her in the knee and knocked her back. Equally suddenly, he bent over her and pinned her arms to her sides. "What happened to Principal Flutie?"

"Huh? He was eaten by kids possessed by a hyena spirit."

Jarod blinked. "Oh. Really?" He tore off his prosthetic forehead, got up, and left.

3. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Overture for Vampire and Time Lord
    Crossover with: Doctor Who
    Originally Posted: 7 August, 1998

The vampire was, as usual, brooding in his supernatural prison at the mouth of the abyss when he heard the sound and saw the altar appear. He watched as a bearded figure emerged. Though apparently human, the man radiated a power which generated an unfamiliar sensation in the vampire. Fear.

The newcomer raised an eyebrow, then stepped up to the vampire. They stood toe to toe and stared at each other for a prolonged moment, each appraising the other, neither betraying any emotion.

Then each blinked. "Who are you?" they asked in unison.

They answered together, "I am the Master!"

4. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    A quick explanation on this one. Going into Season 3, it was already somewhat well-known that the mayor, who'd only been mentioned at that point, would be the new Big Bad. [Beyond that, I'd managed to avoid spoilers.] So one day I wondered about another villainous Mayor and wondered "What if...?"

Title: His Dishonor
    Crossover with: Action League Now!
    Originally Posted: 4 September, 1998

Snyder watched as the giant chipmunk's corpse was carried out of the kitchens.

"Is the cover story in place?" a voice asked.

Snyder sighed and turned to face the city council underling. "Yes," he snapped.

"Don't jump on me. The Mayor insists on these little chats."

Snyder shivered at the mention. "Is he in town?"

"He's around."

The Mayor laughed as he chased his foes with his new Paper Shreddermobile. He almost didn't see the Flesh climbing toward him, but quick reflexes and a kick to the hero's anatomical incorrectness sent the Flesh falling into the machine's grinding teeth.

"Ouchies!"

5. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Letting the Catfish Out of the Bag
    Setting: After "Go Fish"
    Originally Posted: 5 September, 1998

"Merkluk!"

Merkluk reluctantly muted the broadcast of the flipperball game. "What is it now?"

Crobnurl exhaled a rapid stream of bubbles as she swam into the living room. "Do you remember that human who came by a few months back? Athletics coach of some sort, kept babbling about needing Sea Devil DNA?"

Merkluk could feel the blood rushing to his face. "Well, I remember a human."

Crobnurl frowned. "I told you not to give him a tissue sample."

"Umm..."

"But you did it anyway, didn't you?"

"Why would you say that, dear?"

"There are four hybridised humans at the door."

6. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    This one will require explanation, but I'll put it after the drabble.

Title: His Improbable Soul
    Note: AU
    Originally Posted: 5 January, 1999

Giles slammed a book down on the table. "I can't believe you would bring him in here! You know better, Buffy!"

Buffy sighed. "You're overreacting."

"After what he and his kind have done, how can you..."

Buffy looked at her companion and smiled, then turned back to Giles. "He's not like the others. I've talked with him, listened to him. He has feelings, passions, heart, a... a soul."

"Buffy, such things are not possible. However caring he seems, he's a soulless monster."

Kroton laid his hand on Buffy's. "I know you won't believe me, but..."

"You're a Cyberman!" Giles screamed.

In 1979, the magazine Doctor Who Weekly's comic introduced the character Kroton, described as the "Cyberman with a Soul," who regained his individuality and emotions. The similarities to a later character sparked this, my first "Buffy the Cyber Slayer" drabble.

7. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Severe Penalties
    Setting: Shortly after "Gingerbread"
    Originally Posted: 26 January, 1999

Giles leafed through a singed tome, then set it aside.

"How bad are they?" Willow asked.

"So far the destroyed works are replaceable," he explained. "Oh no." He stared at a charred, barely recognizable, lump atop the unsorted pile.

"Is that one important?" Buffy asked.

"It was on loan from the British Library."

"Do you think they'll make you pay for it?" Willow asked.

"That's one way to put it." Giles dove under the desk as the doors opened.

Two tattooed thugs entered, lazily waving their homemade truncheons.

"Oi!" one called out. "Either of you birds seen a Rupert Giles?"

8. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Here's another "Buffy the Cyber Slayer" drabble.

Title: Lovers' Lane
    Crossover; Doctor Who
    Originally Posted: 28 June, 1999

"Oh, Brad," Cordelia breathed between kisses.

"Oh... wait." He broke the embrace, then removed his Sunnydale High letter jacket and tossed it in the back seat. "That's better."

Cordelia didn't notice. "Brad," she hissed, "there's a Cyberman outside."

Brad stared out at the silvery figure. "What'll we do?

Cordelia held out her hand. "Here, take this bracelet you gave me yesterday."

"Why?"

Cordelia sighed. "It's gold. Kills Cybermen, duh." Brad looked away. "It is real gold, isn't it?"

"Umm..." He grabbed the bracelet and left the car. Seconds later, he returned. "Okay, I'm not entirely 100% sure it's real gold."

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    That one is my favourite. :D

These are brilliant, Drabbi. Really, really great and quite amusing. =D= I especially like the Cyberman one as well.

10. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Thank you so much. It feels good to know people are enjoying these. I think this next one may've been for a challenge, but I'm not sure.

Title: A Love That Dares
    Originally Posted: 14 July, 1999

Once she was alone on the Quad, Willow slipped the borrowed disc into the player, set the track number, turned up the volume, and held it above her head.

"Here's a lovely song," a high, gravelly voice crooned, "about my favorite food. Lima, lentil, soy, and pinto..."

Willow winced. This wasn't right at all. Her panic grew as the object of her affection opened his window and frowned at her. "Rosenberg, why aren't you in class?"

"I love you, Principal Snyder!" she yelled. "And, umm, beans."

Snyder sighed. "Report to my office immediately. No, go around and use the door!"

11. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Principal Snyder's Wild Ride
    Setting: During "Graduation Day, Part II"
    Originally Posted: 27 July, 1999

Despite the battering and the constant pressure, Snyder was still conscious, and not a little itchy. Then, oddly, the pressure eased slightly. "Well, gosh."

There was a muffled thump, and then he was moving again, this time in the opposite direction and a lot faster. The snake's body rocketed across the tile, flaking off scales, then the skin beneath.

Seconds later, something ahead slammed into a wall, and Snyder was catapulted through a window. By the time he landed in the parking lot, the last of the snake's stomach membrane had torn away.

"Utterly unacceptable." Then he finally passed out.

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Kinda gross, but I love that he just says "Absolutely unacceptable." :D

13. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    It may've been gross, but it got him through alive. But soon, Season 4 would be upon us....

Title: Civic Duty
    Originally Posted: 18 October, 1999

"You guys are so lucky," Xander complained. "Away from campus, Sunnydale's infrastructure's falling apart."

"I didn't know it had an infrastructure," Buffy said.

"Neither did I," Xander said. "I tell ya, it's a lack of leadership, this is. Ever since Mayor Wilkins died..."

"While he was trying to eat us," Willow interrupted.

"Well, yeah, he had that whole demonic 'kill everyone' thing. But you gotta admit this city functioned."

Buffy grinned. "Check out Xander Harris, disgruntled citizen. What're you gonna do, run for mayor?"

Xander smiled and handed her a flyer. "Exactly."

Oz shrugged. "Well, it worked for Homer Simpson."

14. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Weed-Out Course
    Crossover: Doctor Who
    Originally Posted: 5 February, 2000

Willow looked up from the course schedule and smiled. "Found one, guys. 'Intro to Genetics.'"

"Don't take it," Riley warned. "The instructor's tough."

Buffy laughed. "After Walsh, how bad can he be?"

"Oh, he's worse," Riley insisted. "Far worse."

The bespectacled man in the odd black uniform handed Willow a syllabus, then continued toward the back of the room. Willow'd barely glanced at it before the professor wheeled into the room.

"My teaching assistant this term, Mister Nyder, is currently distributing the rules for this course," Professor Davros said. "Take a copy and memorize it or you will be exterminated!"

15. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: The Demon Drink
    Originally Posted: 3 March, 2000

Spike surveyed the damage from last night's drunken rampage. "Perfect. Now I'll have to steal all new furniture. First, I need a drink."

He reached for a whiskey bottle, but it backed away. He lunged, grabbing both the bottle and a small man in green.

"Get your own, leprechaun. It's mine."

"Umm, I... challenge you to a drinking contest!"

"You what?"

"I betcha ya can't drink me under the table!"

"But I haven't got a... wait."

Spike chucked the leprechaun in a blender, poured the whiskey in, and hit "Puree."

"Close enough," he quipped as he downed the green liquid.

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Eeeewwww!! Gross [face_sick]

17. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Thank you. Thank you very much. This one's a bit more obscure.

Title: Out of the Cauldron
    Setting: Early in the novel "The Sons of Entropy"
    Originally Posted: 1 August, 2000

As Xander soaked in the magic cauldron, Willow examined the symbols around its rim. "Umm, whose cauldron is this, supposedly?" she asked.

"Bran the Blessed," Cordelia said. "Some Welsh guy."

Willow frowned. "But this says..."

Xander jumped to his feet and shook water from his beard. "Why are you standing and gawping like women when there's battle to be joined?" he shouted. "We must fight!" With a primal roar, he leaped out of the pot and ran from the room.

"What was that about?" Cordelia asked.

"This doesn't say 'Bran the'," Willow said. "This is the Cauldron of Brian Blessed."

18. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    This was inspired by a throwaway line that made Sunnydale seem slightly ahead of the curve.

Title: Glazed and Enthused
    Setting: Well before "Killed by Death"
    Originally Posted: 3 August, 2000

"So, Molgor," Mayor Wilkins asked, "what brings you to Sunnydale?"

"This and that." The demon sat down and set a box on the Mayor's desk.

Wilkins opened the box. "Ooh, doughnuts."

"Got them from a truck driver." Molgor took one, dipped it in a scalped human head, then ate it.

"Mind the crumbs." The Mayor tried a doughnut (without dip). "Wow! This is good!"

He read the box, then flipped on his intercom. "Carol, check out something called Krispy Kreme and see if they franchise." He grinned at Molgor. "I've been looking for something to put in by my Starbucks."

19. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: The Insensitivity of Man
    Setting: During and after "Where the Wild Things Are"
    Originally Posted: 14 August, 2000

Forrest snatched his hand away from the wall, and the feeling subsided. "Wow," he said. "This can not be a good thing."

"What can't?"

Forrest spun around. Oliver, a member of Gamma Squad, was standing behind him.

"Put your hand right there," Forrest told him.

Oliver laid his palm against the wall. "Okay, now what?"

"Don't you feel something?" a girl asked. "You know, weird?"

"No, it feels fine to me."

"Oh," Forrest said to Riley later, "tell the colonel we can cancel the investigation into Oliver."

Riley gasped. "You didn't ask him, did you? We're not allowed to ask."

20. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Red Dawn
    Originally Posted: 14 December, 2000

Riley huffed. "I just don't think she should be seeing him. He's, umm, too old, for one thing."

"It's not like they're dating," Buffy said. "Dawn just has a crush. It's cute. Anyway, too old?"

"Right, forgot who I was talking to for a moment."

"What's the matter really?" Buffy asked.

"It's the stuff she spouted at supper last night."

Buffy laughed. "That's a phase. Most teenagers go through it."

"Not in Iowa they don't," Riley insisted. "And what if it's not a phase? Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't like seeing this guy turning your sister into a communist."

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Poor Dawn :p

22. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    You think that's bad?

Title: Makes the Daybreak Shiv 'Er
    Originally Posted: 23 July, 2001

Faith didn't even flinch as the other prisoners picked up their trays and scooted away. She waited until the hand with the sharpened spoon was inches from her back, then grabbed and flipped her attacker over the table.

She was surprised, though, when the woman rose and took on the features of a vampire. Before she could react, both women were buried under at least five guards each.

"You wanna fight?" the head guard shouted. "You can do it in the hole!"

"The yard," Faith hissed.

The guard shrugged. "Okay. Take 'em out to the yard."

"Nooooooooooooo!" the vampire screamed.

23. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Hope Springs Nevermore
    Originally Posted: 21 August, 2001

"Where can it be?" Buffy screamed. This was not happening, she told herself. Why couldn't people leave things where they should be? She made another complete search, even though she knew that if it wasn't where it was supposed to be, it wouldn't be anywhere. "Aaaarrrgh!"

Her mother entered the room. "What are you yelling about? You sound like it's a matter of life and death."

"It is," Buffy said, throwing down the remote. "Where's Springer? I can't find it."

"The local station dropped it."

Buffy wanted to cry. "What?"

"I don't want you watching that kind of show anyway."

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Love it! :D

25. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: The Morning After
    Originally Posted: 21 August, 2001

Ben awoke to a throbbing headache. He was lying on the couch, wrapped in curtains. "Oh, Glory," he moaned.

Then he found a note signed by someone named Barry.

Ben shuddered. "Eeewwww! Glory, how could... could..." He barely made it to the bathroom before he became sick.

Three weeks later, Ben still felt ill.

After an attack at work, he staggered from the men's room, bumping into a woman.

"Sorry," he muttered.

"I know how you feel," she said. "Where is Maternity?"

"It's two floors..." Realization dawned. "No way. I can't be. If Glory got me pregnant, I'll kill her!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.