main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Buffy/Crossovers] Sunnydrabble High - 5/1: Keeping the Beat (Angel)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Yet One More Time
    Originally Posted: 25 May, 2002

Andrew nudged the last of the orange figures into place. "I've done it," he sang. "I've done it! I've completed the set, got all the Army Ants today. I've completed it with these three I got on eBay!"

"Please stop," Jonathan moaned.

Andrew sang, "Stop what?"

"Singing, moron," Warren said.

"I can't, can't, can't help it."

Warren grabbed him by the collar. "You can too. I haven't had the urge to sing for two weeks now. Neither has he." He pointed at Jonathan. "No one has. Sing again, and your Pink Ranger's toast."

"Kimberly or Kat?"

"Kat."

"Shutting up now."

2. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    This one was an interesting case. I wrote it very early in the final season, when the Potentials' storyline was still nothing more than a few unidentified girls killed by cloaked figures. At that point, the drabble would have taken place at some unspecified future point, after Faith was dead. But then, months later, "Chosen" came along....

Title: Rupert's Pitch
    Crossover: Gilmore Girls
    Originally Posted: 2 November, 2002

Giles felt the power coming across the table. He wasn't happy the new slayer was yet another American, but at least this one seemed polite.

"I have superpowers, too?" Rory asked. "Cool."

"Quite. Allow me to demonstrate." The stake was hurtling toward her before he finished speaking.

It was grabbed inches from Rory's face. "Forget it, Mr. Giles," Paris said as she threw the stake back. "I need Rory here; I have dibs or whatever. Find someone else to fight vampires."

"Of course. It seems we were mistaken, Miss Gilmore. I'm so sorry. So very sorry," he added to himself.

3. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005

Title: A Sharp-Dressed Man
    Originally Posted: 9 January, 2003

"I need," Andrew declared, "new clothes."

"Shut up," Xander said.

"Well, I could sit here naked while you wash these."

Xander groaned. "Let's go."

Andrew returned wearing a dark velvet jacket over a ruffled shirt.

"Who're you supposed to be?" Dawn asked. "Austin Powers?"

"No," Andrew said, rolling his eyes, "Jon Pertwee. 'Doctor Who'? Molly knows what I'm talking about," he added, smiling as he mentioned her.

"Oh right! My dad loves that show," Molly said. "Can't stomach it myself."

In tears, Andrew pelted up the stairs.

"Great," Xander complained. "And he's left the other fifteen outfits in my car."

4. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Another silly Season 7 drabble.

Title: Down to the Second
    Originally Posted: 11 January, 2003

As the vampire turned to dust, Buffy spun around and threw her stake straight at the heart of the sarcastically applauding figure. Somehow she wasn't surprised when it passed through harmlessly.

She'd spotted him earlier and had recognized him immediately. The hair and baggy clothes were just like on the poster she'd never admit once hung on her wall. But he'd gone punk or something; this had to be the First. And yet...

"Isn't Vanilla Ice still alive?" she asked.

"I'm not the First," he explained. "I'm the Second. I only take the form of celebrities whose careers have died."

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That's too funny :D

6. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Thank you.

Title: A Bloom Most Rare
    Originally Posted: 2 September, 2003

When the intern from the mailroom delivered the package, Mayor Wilkins opened it at once and carefully lifted out the large purple flower. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yes, sir," she stammered.

"I like these little yellow spots. Anyway, this only grows on one island in the South Pacific. A completely uninhabited island, I'm told." He leaned close to the blossom and inhaled deeply. "Bit pungent, though," he said, suppressing a sneeze. "My associates say the scent is lethal to all animal life. Do you think that's true?"

Behind him, the intern's body hit the floor. "Wow, they weren't kidding, were they?"

7. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Four years after I'd written the two "Buffy the Cyber Slayer" drabbles, I returned to the idea for some drabbles adapting specific episodes. This one's from the first season.

Title: Cyber Ascendant
    Series: Buffy the Cyber Slayer (AU)
    Crossover: Doctor Who
    Setting: During "Prophecy Girl"
    Originally Posted: 8 September, 2003

The silver column burst through the library floor, shattering the table and sending debris flying. Tendrils emerged and whipped out, searching. Willow screamed as one wrapped itself around her leg and started to pull her back.

The Cybercontroller would grin if he could. After an eternity, he was free of his subterranean prison, and soon he would oversee the conversion of the entire planet. "Behold the new Mondas!"

"I think we'll stick with calling it Earth," a voice behind him said.

He spun around. "Your functions ceased! You're dead!"

"I may be dead," Buffy told him, "but I'm still pretty."

8. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    This one's based on the second season.

Title: The Fatal Flaw
    Series: "Buffy the Cyber Slayer" (AU)
    Setting: During "Innocence"

Jenny let her morphing field drop. "Ages ago, my people were the ones who created the cybervirus that restored Kroton's individuality, his soul. But," she said, raising a single long, blue finger, "there was a flaw. If he is ever truly and unreservedly happy, it breaks down, and the Cyberman returns."

While the others registered only shock and betrayal, Buffy also saw a hope. "Then you can infect him again."

"No, we can't," Jenny said. "All copies of the virus were lost before we could use it again."

Giles sighed. "Buffy, I'm afraid there's no choice. You must destroy Kroton."

9. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: No Place Like Home
    Series: "Buffy the Cyber Slayer" (AU)
    Setting: During "Doppelgangland"

Willow was glad to be back in her old clothes, but the metal helmet had really messed up her hair. She looked at the Cyberman standing resolute in the chalk circle and felt sad.

"I know it - or she, or whatever - isn't me," she said, trying to explain, "but..."

"We understand," Buffy said.

"Right," Giles announced. "We're ready."

The last that the cybernetic Willow saw of that horrible parallel reality was her unconverted double waving. Now she was home, and everything would be perfect.

She was still thinking this when Oz slammed into her, pushing her onto a golden spike.

10. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: The Curious Incident
    Originally Posted: 11 September, 2003

"We should call Buffy," Xander said.

Giles avoided the pool of blood and knelt over the body. The wounds were consistent with a werewolf attack, the room was trashed, and the door had been ripped off its hinges, but something seemed wrong. How had he not noticed this happening right next door?

When Mrs. Castro's collie came downstairs, barking loudly, he had his answer. "No, this wasn't a werewolf."

"How can you tell?" Xander asked. Giles pointed at the collie. "You're saying the dog killed her?"

"No, Bailey didn't do anything last night, and that's what's wrong with this picture."

11. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Queen's Gambit
    Setting: Pre-series
    Originally Posted: 18 September, 2003

Mary tossed the report across the room. "How could they support him?" she screamed, as ever refusing to refer to the former prince by name. Since his mother had died, the Protestants had rallied around Henry.

If only he'd never been born, she thought. If only his parents had not been married. No, she had a better idea.

"I wish Elizabeth had never even met Sir William!"

Behind her, Anyanka smiled. "Granted."

The new reality solidified, and they stood over a grave. Mary's ghost picked up her head from where it had fallen again. "May I have that one back?"

12. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: When You Wish Upon a Star
    Originally Posted: 20 September, 2003

Andrew wiped a tear from his eye as he lay back on the grass and looked up at the night sky.

When a meteorite streaked by, he smiled. Though he'd never believed they were falling stars, he always had to make a wish.

This time, he had no doubts what it would be.

"Why do you pick on him like that?" Jonathan asked.

"It's not my fault he's such a girl!" Warren shouted. He suddenly fell forward. "What just hit me?"

Jonathan picked up the charred rock by Warren's head. "You were beaned by a meteorite. That is so cool."

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That's awesome :D

14. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Xander's Sticker Shock
    Originally Posted: 21 September, 2003

Xander tried hard to remain calm. "Anya, what made you think that was a reasonable price?"

"But it's really good," she said.

"It's not a hundred dollars good!"

"Actually," Anya corrected him, "it was a hundred and twelve, you know, after tax and all."

"Not helping."

She held out her fork. "Here, try some."

Xander took a bite and nearly fell back as the rich chocolate taste overloaded his senses. "Wow!"

"See?"

He took the plate from her. "This is amazing," he said between mouthfuls. "Still think the price is robbery, though. Face it, those are some evil pie rates."

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    :eek: $100 for chocolate pie? Woah.

16. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    It was for a weekly theme challenge, with the theme being "Pirates." This drabble was for the same challenge, but slightly more serious.

Title: Death Below Decks
    Setting: Before the series
    Originally Posted: 22 September, 2003

Roderick ducked as a cannonball shot through the hull, letting sunlight stream in. Why, he thought, couldn't the pirates have waited until nightfall? He could only listen to the fighting above him and wait for someone to venture down.

His first visitor was younger than he'd expected, little more than a boy. "Welcome lad," Roderick hissed, his features changing.

To his surprise, the pirate laughed, a high and lilting chuckle. Too high. Roderick tore off the youth's hat, and golden tresses fell free. "A girl?" The vampire's mind barely formed the word "Slayer" before her sword sliced through his neck.

17. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Stage Five Aborted
    Originally Posted: 28 September, 2003

She'll change her mind, Buffy told herself. Sooner or later, she will come to her senses and then she'll change her mind. Buffy just hoped it would be sooner.

Who was she kidding? Sooner had passed by long ago. Okay, Dawn was happy, certainly happier than Buffy had been with her own boyfriends. Still, though, why could nobody see what was wrong with this whole picture?

"For crying out loud," she shouted, "it's Andrew!" Everyone in the church turned to look at her. "Sorry."

"Yes, well," the priest said, "where was I? That's right, Andrew, you may kiss the bride."

18. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Only a Kiss Away
    Crossover: Moonraker
    Originally Posted: 28 September, 2003

The two Space Marines checked Joyce's handcuffs, then pushed her to the floor and left. She listened to the shuttle undocking and looked around at the other prisoners, some wearing even less than she was.

"Hi," the man beside her said. "I'm Hank."

"Joyce." They sat in silence awhile. "My parents are going to be so upset," she said eventually. "I've never been arrested before. Not for anything serious, anyway."

Hank laughed. "I don't think that's why they'll be upset. Listen, if we don't wind up spending the rest of our lives in prison, you want to catch a movie?"

19. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Not in the Cards
    Crossover: Cluedo
    Originally Posted: 29 September, 2003

"His head's been bashed in!" Colonel Mustard insisted. "Any bally fool can see that!"

Plum knelt by the corpse. "What said 'bally fool' can't see, sir, is that this was done after death, unlike these!" He pulled Black's collar down to reveal two small wounds.

"What are they?" Mrs. White asked.

"The bite mark of a vampire. Isn't that right, Mrs. Peacock?"

The matronly woman's face changed. "Very clever. Now I'll have to kill..."

She turned to dust, and the young woman behind her returned the stake to her purse.

Plum smiled. "Excellent timing as always, Miss Scarlet."

"Anytime, Professor."

20. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    These were all great. My favourites were the Quantum Leap one, Spike and the Leprechaun, and Snyder's Wild Ride.

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Love the Clue one! Miss Scarlet as a slayer :D

And the Gilnore Girls one I missed is great too. That's so Paris :D

22. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Thanks, both of you. It does my heart good. Here's another crossover.

Title: The Final Buzzer
    Crossover: Happy Days
    Originally Posted: 29 September, 2003

Chuck taped the note to the railing, then looked down at the swirling black waters. This is the answer, he tried to reassure himself. Since he'd blown his knee, he'd been cut from the team, lost his scholarship, and forced to leave school. What would his parents think?

A smiling young woman stepped from the shadows. "Is your life really that bad?"

"Basketball was my life."

"Oooh, an athlete. I'm Darla."

"Chuck Cunningham," he stammered.

She brushed his cheek. "Still feel like jumping?"

"Not really."

"Good." And then she fed. After she finished, she tossed the body over the rail.

23. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Total Protection for Your Afterlifestyle
    Originally Posted: 7 October, 2003

Buffy grew increasingly frustrated. She was in rare form, she knew, but her blows kept sliding off. Since when were vampires so, well, slimy? Still, any moment now, it wouldn't matter.

As the sun rose over the horizon, the vampire stared up at it. To Buffy's surprise, he was laughing. "Sunscreen, baby!" he shouted. He turned back to her. "Industrial strength! I can fight you all... all..."

He stopped smiling. "Uh oh." A flame erupted from the small of his back, then engulfed his whole body. Seconds later, nothing remained but greasy dust.

Buffy shrugged. "Guess you missed a spot."

24. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Haha! That spot nobody can ever reach by themselves. That was brilliant.

25. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Here's another S7 drabble.

Title: Open Sesame
    Originally Posted: 11 October, 2003

Dawn pulled a crate under the naked light bulb and set her textbooks down. With all these Potentials everywhere else in her house, the attic was just about the only place she could study. "Some of us still have school, you know!"

As she opened her history, a page sliced her fingertip. "Ouch!" She threw the book down and put the bleeding finger in her mouth.

Before the digit reached her lips, though, a single drop of blood rolled off. Inches above the dusty floor, it stopped, and a glowing tear opened in the air.

"Buffy!" Dawn screamed. "Buffy! BUFFY!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.