Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel Into the Hellmouths Of The World

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PrincessKenobi, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    Buffy has to probably be one of my fave shows of all-time. I grew and matured with this show. The most amazing thing now that when I re-watch some of these episodes how I can relate to things that have happened to me.

Angel I followed up to about the end of the 3rd Season but then it got all weird but it brought me back in at the end of the 4th Season. (I never miss a cross-over Episode)

I also can't wait with the news of the possiblity of a Spike Movie!!!

So feel free to discuss your fave Buffy/Angel moments here or fan sightings to anything Buffy/Angel related!

~PK~
  2. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ahhhh, I was waiting for a thread for my all time fave show. BTVS is still one of the best Joss Whedon shows and I was to love Tuesday evenings.

I remember seeing the first of the previews for the musical episode, Once More With Feeling and thinking how really lame it looked. No big surprise that it was a magnificient piece, the masterpiece IMHO of an incredible series. I was lucky enough to tape it that first run since every preceding rerun cut it to shreds as it ran 9 minutes too long.
  3. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Good. I can't wait for Whedon's new comic series from Dark Horse next year. It'll be canon and he writes the frist arc.
  4. jedi_john_33 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I love Buffy. I got an autographed poster for Christmas. Sarah, Joss, James, Nicholas, Alyson, Michelle, Emma, Amber and Anthony signed it :D
  5. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7

Which I am still angry over!

~PK~
  6. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Did somebody say SPIKE movie?!!! *dies* :D :D :D [face_love]

I really miss these shows.
  7. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    jedi_john_33 :mad: :mad: I am so jealous.
  8. JediMasterGuff Force Ghost

star 5
    Amber Benson called me cute. Well I was 12 or 13 at the time, but still... :D

Can't wait for the Spike TV-movie. I was always disappointed that the Ripper mini-series never happned. Tony Head is fantastic, glad he's going to be a geust star on Doctor Who this year :)
  9. EiryMatann Jedi Padawan

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me, too. I got a portable DVD player for Christmas (the first DVD player I have ever owned) and a few seasons of Buffy. I am now in the process of reliving the series, and am surprised at how good I still find it.

The characters are really well-developed for a fairly action-oriented show. They have good motives and backgrounds.

And of course, Spike rules all. Really. :)
  10. jaina_clan_solo Jedi Master

star 4
    These are both such fun shows! I didn't really pick either of them up until they were over/almost over.

I watched Buffy on reruns on FX and I was completely hooked. I started watching Angel on it's last season because of Spike...

did someone say Spike movie... that would be cool

jcs
  11. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    There in talks to do a TV Movie. James and Joss are both really excited about the prospect of it.

Also everyone from both seasons have said they would do a movie if Joss wrote the script. Except SMG, she said she would do it if she liked the script. But I'm pretty postive its another way of saying if Joss writes it, I'm so there.

~PK~
  12. JediMasterGuff Force Ghost

star 5
    I think it's unlikely that both Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanez would return.

Last time I checked, Whedon was aiming for 4 television movies. Starting with Spike, then Illyria, Willow and Giles
  13. jedi_john_33 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Illyria

Is that an Angel 3, 4 or 5 character I haven't encountered yet?
  14. JediMasterGuff Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, she's introduced towards the end of season 5.
  15. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    She was introduced about the Middle of the Season a little after of 5. She grew on me after awhile.

~PK~
  16. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I really miss those shows. I'd much enjoy a few films based on them.
  17. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    The only actors that are doing even half well, since the canciliations are Allyson and David.

I think "The Grudge" pretty much showed what SMG was capable of outside of Buffy.

If they make a movie, I pray they do away with the whole multiple Slayer thing.

And Anya must come back!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    -Sarah Michelle Gellar is pretty much done with Buffy. She'd only come back if there was money that was good and they'd develop all the characters equally. It would have to be a trilogy of tv films.

-David Boreanez said he'd return to Angel, if it was a theatrical film and the story would be huge. Bigger than the bar set during the best of the series.

-Emma Caulfeild didn't want to do more with Anya, which is why she agreed to be killed off. Not with a tv-movie and not with Angel.

-Charisma Carpenter has moved on despite the problems from the fourth season of Angel.

Most everyone else appears to be willing to come back, though James Marsters would like to do it before he gets too old. There's talk of doing Spike, Illyria, Willow, Ripper, Oz and a Slayer group films. All direct to video, but with the same production values as the series. Most everyone's doing fairly well and it'll be harder to get them all.

David has "Bones". Alyson has "How I Met Your Mother" and more films. Charisma is doing "Veronica Mars". Seth Green has his films, Robot Chicken and "Four Kings". James Marsters is pitching a television series and auditioned recently for a series called "Ops", which Alexis Denisoff has also auditioned for. Not sure if it's the same role or not. J. August Richards has the semi spin-off of Law & Order: SVU for NBC. Amy Acker might get to do the Alias spin off.

This is probably why Whedon's given consent for Dark Horse to do a new Buffy comic that's canon. He's said that it'll probably tie into the tv-movies, if they happen.
  19. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7

I had read in the Buffy Magazine, that Sarah said she would only do it if the script was good. Cause she thought there was to much story to tell with any episode and any season. Thats why the show worked better on tv as oppossed to the movie. But we shall see, the Spike movie I know for postive will probably happen. The others I don't know.

Plus James still has Smallville to worry about.

~PK~
  20. TC-47 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Spike is my favourite charater I hope that there will be a movie. I went to see David Boreanaz a while ago and got his autograph; he signed a photo for me. It was great!
  21. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    Is he nice in person?

~PK~
  22. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    I think he is. I think that the vast majority of the actors on both shows are nice to the fans. So long as you catch them at the right time.
  23. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    That's awesome. I keep hoping that some of the BTVS and Angel Alumni would bless the fans with a visit to Gen Con. It would be awesome to meet any of them. I could get them to sing my cds or my rpg books. lol I'm such a dork. :p

~PK~
  24. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    You might get Andy Hallett, Amber Benson, Tom Lenk, Adam Busch and some of the guest stars at a convention like Gen Con. Note, none of these are definitive. Just examples. It all depends on what their film and television schedules are currently.
  25. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    Yeah, I know James likes to do the Con Circuit. I'll just have to keep my eye to the BTVS and Angel Mag. lol

~PK~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.