main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel Into the Hellmouths Of The World

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PrincessKenobi , Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I'm a big fan of Buffy but I have to say I absolutely ADORE Angel. So when the fifth season hit and Spike showed up I nearly wet my pants for joy. Since, Spike is everyone's favorite character of course. :D

I heard that Joss had put out several attempts to make a Spike movie but he keeps getting turned down. Which is nuts because every Angel and Buffy fan out there would watch it and buy it.

2. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    I think the Fred/Illyria resolution was that Fred's soul wasn't entirely gone and that she would be restored. But they'd switch back and forth.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000

Last I had read, that Joss and James were just hammering out the finals with WB.

~PK~

4. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    There's one thing I find odd about Season 6. I know the Scoobies were using Buffy-bot to make it seem like Buffy was alive... but why couldn't the vamps just look at her gravestone? :p

Also, which guy was Scott Hope? He was referenced in Conversations with Dead People, and I'm drawing a blank.

5. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Scott Hope was the guy Buffy dated at the beginning of season 3. I think he dumped her in Homecoming...

6. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    None of the demons and vampires knew that Buffy died after the fight with Glory. Only Giles, Xander, Willow, Anya, Tara, Dawn, Angel, Spike, Wesley, Cordellia, Fred and Gunn knew. Plus the Watcher's Council. Any vampires that rose in the cemetary where Buffy was buried, they were usually staked before they could find out.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Hence, why they buried her deep in the woods.

8. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Ah :oops: I never thought of that.

9. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I think one of my top fave moments in the show is in The Body and how Anya is reacting. When she finally snaps in Willow's dorm room. Cause everyone thinks she's just being insenstive about the whole thing. But she's really not, cause she's never experienced death so the whole dealing process for her is equal that to a child.

Anya: "Are they gonna cut the body open?"
    Willow: "Oh my God! Would you just... stop talking? Just... shut your mouth! Please!"
    Anya: "What am I doing?"
    Willow: "How can you act like that?"
    Anya: "Am I supposed to be changing my clothes a lot? Is that the helpful thing to do?"
    Xander: "Guys?"
    Willow: "The way you behave?"
    Anya: "Nobody will tell me."
    Willow: "Because it's not okay for you to be asking these things!"
    Anya (crying): "But I don't understand! I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she's, there's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore! It's stupid! It's mortal and stupid! And, and Xander's crying and not talking, and, and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well Joyce will never have any more fruit punch, ever, and she'll never have eggs, or yawn or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why. (She puts her hand over her face, crying.)"
    Willow (after a long pause): "We don't know... how it works... why."

~PK~

10. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    That was a good instance in Anya's demeanor...but, it didn't reflect throughout the rest of the show's running so much. She was still snippy and short. Though she experienced: love, loathing, lonliness and fear of death, she only regarded herself as feeling those emotions. She didn't care how others felt. She never really learned compassion or empathy.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Spending a thousand years being without those kinds of emotions, it would take time to fully adapt to what normal people take for granted. Three and a half years only scratch the surface.

12. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000

Yeah, it's sad Anya died and Emma was done with the charc. That could of been an awesome spin-off show. Heck a line of Anya comics or some books about her would be awesome too.

~PK~

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Buffy and Angel were both filled with some really great actors and that helped so much to suspend disbelief with these shows.

One of my fave moments was in Passion as we see Buffy getting the call about Jenny's death. The way Buffy slides down the wall and Willow's whimper... that whimper and cry sets the waterworks off every single time.

14. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    That and the moment Buffy says, "You're not supposed to touch the body," in The Body (of course) always get to me.

I'm still wondering why the makers of Batman Begins chose Katie Holmes over Sarah and Natalie Portman.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Anya's speech in The Body was always one of my favorite moments. That and at the end of Innocence/Surprise when Joyce gives Buffy a cupcake with a candle in it and Buffy says "Just let it burn." That was the beginning of a big shift in the Buffy character and the events of mid season 2 onwards would affect the character forever.

16. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I think the Anya speech in the 'Body' really showed just how outside of the group both Anya and Tara are. I think that in life there is a lot we take for granted that other people understand. Anya was a great character because she was always on the outside. She looked at the things we consider normal and says I don't get it. That speech really showed that sensitive place in Anya where she didn't really understand what to do. Of course none of the other characters know what to do either but their socially better off because they know 'not what to say' Anya's speech came from her heart, from a child'd purity of just not understanding something. That was something Buffy was really, really good at.

17. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Buffy still amazes me with its way to relate to things going on in my life. But that was something Joss and the writers of the show were good at getting across that it wasn't really a show about fighting vampires every week. But what we all deal with in life and how we all re-act to things.

~PK~

18. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Buffy's one of those shows that I can watch and feel good about. I mean, whenever I feel down, I can always pop in a Buffy DVD and feel good about myself.

My favorite relationship would have to be Willow and Tara. For me, it was the one thing that said to me that love is love, regardless of what may be involved. "Family" is one of my top favorites, along with "The Body" and "Once More With Feeling."

19. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I wish my friend would return my Season 6 Buffy just so I could watch Once More With Feeling.

~PK~

20. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    My sister was converted only a few months ago, and already she's bought The Wicca Handbook and is constantly singing along to "Once More, With Feeling."

Should I be worried? :p

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    PK, you need to get the soundtrack "Once More...With Feeling".

22. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Thank you for bumping this up PK, I hadn't heard anything about a movie or comic book series.

23. AmberSolo

AmberSolo Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2006
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my favorite shows because when I'm having a bad day it is always good to see some demon bashing! I love the characte Spike played by the fabulous James Marsters. Spike has the sacastic wit that I like.

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Buffy has to be the most originally written series in terms of dialog. While I can't picture Joss Whendon really talking that way, his writer's said on one of the DVD's that Buffyspeak was inspired by him.

I still love watching the DVD's just to chuckle at their unique twist of dialog. LOL

25. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Haven't you heard Joss speak? He actually does talk in a style very similar to that. He's an extremely witty guy, and he does some of the best DVD-commentaries there are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.