Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel Into the Hellmouths Of The World

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PrincessKenobi, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniper_Wolf Force Ghost

star 4
    I just started watching Buffy for the first time, and I really enjoy it. I'm halfway through season two now. Am I the only one who cannot stand Buffy's mom at all? She irritates the hell out of me.
  2. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm watching Season 5 of ANGEL at the moment coming up to the 100th episode its great watching it again.

Here are my Buffy & Angel favourites

Out of the two shows ANGEL is my favourite series

Favourite Buffy Characters
    1. Giles (Ripper)
    2. Willow
    3. Xander
    4. Faith
    5. Oz
    6. Spike
    7. Buffy

Favourite Angel Characters
    1. Wesley
    2. Angel
    3. Lorne
    4. Fred
    5. Gunn
    6. Cordiela
    7. Lindsey

Favourite Buffy Season
    Season Three has the best big bad the Mayor, it has Faith, and it has the alternative Buffyverse just brilliant.

Favourite Angel Season
    Season Four it has Wesley at his best and Angel great fights the return of Faith and Angelus the best of Angel.
  3. Sniper_Wolf Force Ghost

star 4
    Now that I am in season three of Buffy, I have a question. When I get done with season three should I start watching season four all the way through before switching to season one of Angel or switch shows between episodes to have them go together chronologically?
  4. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    Watch Season 4 of Buffy and Season 1 of Angel together because there are a lot of crossovers and they connect better when watched together after that it doesn't matter until Season 7 of Buffy and Season 4 of Angel because that's when they reconnect with crossovers.

And watch it like this Buffy Season 4 episode 1 then Angel episode 1 then Buffy episode 2 Angel episode 2 and so on because it connects very nicely like that and enjoy.
  5. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    It kinda does, actually. Dusilla appears halfway through Season 5 of Buffy after spending a good deal of the first half of Angel Season 2 in LA, and also Harmony and Willow do appear in "Disharmony", which was set after "Crush". And Willow also showed up in the Season finale to let Angel and co. know that Buffy was dead.

It was only in Angel Season 3/Buffy Season 6 where they weren't allowed to do crossovers, given that each show was now on another network.
  6. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Go disc to disc. "City Of" which is the first Angel episode, starts just prior to the opening of "The Freshman". Midway through "The Freshman", Buffy recieves a phone call with no one on the other end of the line. In "City Of", during the last few minutes, we find out that Angel called Buffy.

All crossover episodes.

Season Four/Season One:

-"The Freshman"/"City Of"
    -"The Harsh Light Of Day"/"In The Dark"
    -"The Bachelor Party"/"Pangs"/"I Will Always Remember You"
    -"This Year's Girl" & "Who Are You?"/"Five By Five" & "Sanctuary"/"The Yoko Factor".

Season Five/Season Two:

-"Judgement" (Not an actual crossover, but a continuation of an earlier storyline.)
    -"Fool For Love"/"Darla"
    -"The Trial", "Reunion" & "Redefinition"/"Crush"/"Disharmony".
    -"Forever" (Guest appearence)
    -"There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb" (Guest appearence)

Season Six/Season Three: No actual crossover that year, but an unseen meeting takes place. The episodes in question.

-"Carpe Noctem"/"Flooded" & "Life Serial"/"Fredless".

Season Seven/Season Four:

There's an episode that I can't recall what it is called, but it connects to "Salvage".

-"Salvage", "Release", "Orpheus"/"Lies My Parents Told Me" & "Dirty Girls"
    - "Home"/"Touched", "End Of Days" & "Chosen"
  7. Forbidden_Priestess Jedi Knight

I would have to say Willow, and Spike are my favorite characters, and I do like Dusilla as well. I have never really been a big Faith fan.
  8. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    I think I'm the only Hard-Core Buffy fan who actually puts Buffy at the top of her list of fave cast members. I don't know, I felt like I grew-up with Buffy. Whatever she went thru, I in some way some how was going thru it at that moment.
  9. DRHJ9 Force Ghost

star 4
    I actually started watching Angel first, then backtracked through Buffy episodes to get the whole story.

I always liked the interaction between Angel and Spike, which was at it's best in season 5 of Angel. There were some hilarious exchanges between the two in that season.
  10. Forbidden_Priestess Jedi Knight

I think everyone likes Buffy.. she is the focal point, but you cannot help but be lured by the dynamic characters which surrounder her. Thats the appeal for people like so many other characters besides Buffy as thier favorite.
  11. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Yeah, I didn't hate Buffy at all, but for some reason almost every other major character on Both Buffy and Angel were more compelling to me.

BTW, there's a movie on the ABC Family channel tommorow night that has both Charisma Carpenter and Nicholas Brendon in it.

Relative Chaos
  12. Ghost_of_Sniper_Wolf Jedi Padawan

Half way through season two of Angel. Wow, it's interesting to see how cruel Angel can be in Angel mode.
  13. Sniper_Wolf Force Ghost

star 4
    Finished Buffy season five/Angel season two. God, Glory is easily the worst villain from Buffyverse. The character graded on my nerves and her acting blew. Thank god she's never coming back.
  14. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Uh, nobody tell Sniper about "Lessons" in season seven.
  15. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    Heathen! (As for the topic of "worst villain", I could think of about a half dozen other people worthy of that title...)
  16. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    He's talking about Buffyverse. Actually Adam gets that title for me. Glory had some redeeming quality in "The Gift"
  17. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    I'd have to agree with Adam being the worst. But I hate Season 4. Well don't hate cause it does have "Hush" but it is my least fave of all the seasons.

My fave seasons are tied between Season 3 and 5
  18. Sniper_Wolf Force Ghost

star 4
    But they don't say "I want my key!" over and over again. :p
  19. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Worst villian? While I wasn't all that impressed with Glory, I have to give her credit for being the reason that Dawn came into the picture. I hated Dawn with a passion, only because she had the spoiled little teenage sister down pat.

Adam was even less impressive. Somehow I just didn't get the fact that vampires and other demons would follow him. Also, didn't care for the whole resolution of fighting him.

The worst to me would have been Sunday from 'The Freshman', the opener of Season 4. I can't say how happy I was when she was dispatched at the end of the episode. I absolutely hated her.

Favorite will always be Mayor Wilkins. [face_love]
  20. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I'm torn between the Master, the Mayor and Angelus as best villian all for different reasons.

And my favorite seasons are 2 and 6. Six because I identified so much with what Buffy was going through (demons and evil Willow and coming back from the dead aside) during that season.
  21. Sniper_Wolf Force Ghost

star 4
    In a day or two I'll be getting the first half of Angel season three. Does Angel keep getting better season by season or does it jump the shark?
  22. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    I don't think Angel really ever jumped ship. I did stop watching it for a few episodes because there was just a storyline I could not get into at that time. But I later came back and finished it up.

Which I had to, cause I was sad when I came in at the end of Season 4 and realized how much I really had missed in my Angelverse.

Still upset it got canceled over Charmed. Stupid Aaron Spelling!

Buffy wise....

I hated Dawn the most for the longest time. But she eventually grew on me. Like I really did not like her till almost the end of Season 7. And then Dawn made complete sense finally. So it was all good.

~PK~
  23. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Season three is very good. Season four is kinda hit-and-miss with some fans. A lot of it had to do with the internal problems with the show, behind the scenes. Season five is quite good as it went back to basics and a lot of that strife was dealt with.
  24. Sniper_Wolf Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm going through the last half of season three right now. I'm enjoying it. Also so far Buffy season six is way better than the previous two.
  25. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah I thought that Angel just kept getting better and better. It remains one of my all time favorite shows.

I know there are a lot of fans that didn't really like season 4 but I thought it was absolutely great. They start an arc about the third episode in and don't tie it up until the last episode. Literally every episode between then ended with a TBC and the "previously on" would flow right into the new episode. I think thats why some people didn't really like it but I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Every week you were just going deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole and watching it weekly like that was a great trip for me. It kind of lost some of that on DVD but its probably better suited to the format since it plays out like a 18 hr movie.

The closest it got to jumping the shark IMO was with season 5 but that whole season was so amazing that it didn't really matter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.