main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel Into the Hellmouths Of The World

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PrincessKenobi , Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarlaccsDinnerParty

SarlaccsDinnerParty Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2006
    Well I have seen up til hush on season4 and I still find it fun and entertaining:) A bit different from the 3 previous with Angel, Cordy and Oz leaving but then you got more Spike wich is always funny and Anya.

Hush is probably the best episode yet[face_laugh]

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Hush is an amazing episode. And the Halloween episode from season 4 wasn't to bad. But it still is my least fave of them all. Season 5 got back up to the first 3 seasons writing at least in my opinion. And Season 6 isn't to bad if you can get over a couple things. I don't remember enough of season 7 to say if I liked it or not.

~PK~

3. SarlaccsDinnerParty

SarlaccsDinnerParty Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2006
    Well I finished the whole series some time ago. I liked the 4th and 5th but it went down after that. Not that it was bad but it lost the fun factor and became more soap opera like[face_plain] The 7th could have been better if it was not for those potentials and how they messed up the whole chosen one myth. Pleased with the overral quality and seasons 2 and 3 rocked[face_dancing]

4. SunnydaleSpike

SunnydaleSpike Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2007
    My favorite Buffy season was Season 2, while I felt Season 4 to be the weakest. However, as many have already pointed out, there are still many good episodes in Season 4. I pretty much think Buffy is like pizza (or "Star Wars", for that matter ;) )...Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. :D

5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Ain't It Cool News are reporting that Joss Whedon has stated he hopes to launch ?Ripper? as a 90-minute BBC movie in 2008.

AICN article

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Check out my Buffy & Angel comic thread for news on Angel Season Six and Buffy Season Nine!!!!

7. SunnydaleSpike

SunnydaleSpike Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2007
    I haven't read the comics yet, I'm waiting for the trade to come out. :D

Just picked up Angel seasons 2 and 3 on DVD (along with Firefly TCS and the Serenity 2-disc special edition :cool: ). Just need seasons 1, 4 and 5 to round out my Joss Whedon collection.

Just curious, has anyone here read "Go Ask Malice" or "Queen of Slayers"? (I probably shouldn't bring up the novels in this thread, but I was wondering [face_worried] )

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I've read both. You can see my review of "Go Ask Malice" in my thread in the book section. I'll let you know about "Queen Of The Slayers" in private. November is when "The Long Way Home" for Buffy comes out. "Spike: Aslyum" is out in trade now and "Spike: Shadow Puppets" will be in trade next year. They're the set up for "Angel: After The Fall".

9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Buffy Season 8 is going amazing so far.

~PK~

10. Zeroun

Zeroun Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2006
    I've got a question about Glory. Well a question about Dawn too.

My first is, how long has Glory been on Earth? I don't recall it ever being explicitly stated in the series, but I had assumed that she was passed from boy to boy throughout the centuries. However, I've been told that she's only ever been in Ben. This is kinda confusing cause it makes the Knights of Byzantium seem a wee bit odd. If Glory had only just been sent to this dimension 20-30 years ago, why have they (the Knights) been around for so long? Just to destroy the key on the off chance that a Hell God gets banished to our dimension? If that's the case, why didn't they make any further attempts on Dawn's life after the Gift? That couldn't have been the entire order that Glory wiped out.

As to Dawn, is she not the Key anymore? I mean, can she not be used to open portals to other dimensions? Her whole origin seems a little overly contrived if she's only useful in one painstakingly specific scenario.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not totally sure, but I thought that it was explained that Glory wasn't able to enter her home dimension but she crossed other dimensions/realities searching for the Key. She then merged with Ben and only in course of Season Five was able to overcome him for long periods of time and search for the Key.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    1. Glory has occupied Ben's body since he was born. It has not been stated if she occupied other bodies. Thus the conclusion is that she has been on Earth for as long as Ben has been alive. Which is nearly 30 years. The Knights have known about Glory, because they, like the Watchers have been aware of demons and hell gods in other dimensions for quite some time. I don't believe their job has always been to destroy the Key, but it became that way once they were made aware of Glory and the other hell gods. Remember that before mankind, there were the aincent demons that walked the Earth. When mankind began to populate the Earth, the Shamen and the Guardians along with everyone else from that era banished or destroyed the old ones. All that was left were the half breeds and lesser demons. Glory and her crew were made known to the Knights and they've sworn an oath to stop them. When they learned that Glory was on Earth and the Key could bring hell on Earth, they set out to destroy it.

2. Dawn's still technically the Key, but the conditions for her blood to be used to open the portal back to Glory's dimension has passed. It did so after Buffy's death. Remember, Glory was on a timetable and any delay would result in her being trapped on Earth. With Glory weakening, her victims were restored to normal and her other minons no longer cared to follow her wishes. Especially when Giles killed Ben and by extention, Glory herself.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Unlock n bump

14. kristy

kristy Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2010
    It's one of my most favorite sci-fi, horror show and i never want it to be end just after season 7. Although they have still not canceled BTVS, but i now i don't think they will announce it again.

15. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Why unlock this thread? there was another Buffy thread with an episode by episode review (by 2nd Quest?)

Buffy was good, better, great, and then fell flat, died, buried under 6ft of crud, and then started digging. Only during season 7 did it sorta start to recover, but meh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.