main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bug Eaters Cantina

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Arwen_Evenstar, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    oh my, I forgot to PM the other people who sounded interested... :mad: I will have to do that now.

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    :::Done::: (finally). By the way, may I have an ice tea?? :D

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    :::hurries to pour an ice tea then realizes obi-wan's apparition has faded away for the night. Places Ice Tea in GFFA-type refrigerator.:::

4. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    *grabs Dr Pepper and sits down in comfy chair*

Just stopping by for a bit before I leave for the state speech meet. :) I'm already nervous and I don't compete until tomorrow...

5. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Yummy tea (Thanks Liz :) )
    Arwen, so you're on the speech team, huh? I was going to be on my school's team, but it would be too much of a time restraint (I have WAY too much homework to do it). Is it fun? I hope so :D

6. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    OBW's A -

sorry, had to short cut that.....

I think one of the people that sounded interested is possibly in a different Fan Force - I think it was 'skidder'.... (the reason I think this is because I was looking at his old posts - and he posted in the Philadelphia Area....)

Have you heard back from anyone yet?

:::looks sadly at the stockpile of Coke, Sprite, Pepsi, Dr Pepper and Sunkist and says 'just three more days':::

:::Takes a V8 Splash from the cooler:::

Arwen - Good Luck in the State Speech Tournament! :)

7. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    No Liz, I haven't gotten any responses yet :( And Arwen, good luck at the state speech tourny!! :D

8. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    thanx guys, it went well :) I didn't break, but I had a lot of fun! :D

9. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    so,will everyone be around this weekend to add more stuff to our planning for the 2nd meeting? I may be w/o my internet access linked computer next week, but I'll still have the computer this weekend.

:::grabs a can of Country Time Lemonade:::

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I'm glad you had a lot of fun Arwen! :) And yes, I will be around this weekend to add more stuff to the planning thread.
    Yummy iced tea :D

11. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    *curls up in comfy chair and promptly falls asleep*

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    *wakes up and gets a glass of orange juice, then settles back into comfy chair with a book*

13. SamsGirl

SamsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    lol, this is fun to read!

all the drinks are good but we need some popcorn *pops some popcorn and sits down on the couch with a cold dr. pepper*

sounds like we have got some good things started, Arwin and I still need to get going on the flyers. Thanks Obi-Wan's Apparition for pm-ing the people who sounded interested...hope to hear from them soon!:)

and Liz thanks for starting a discussion about the names!

14. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    :::Steals popcorn from SamsGirl::: [face_devil] This is fun, isn't it?? :)

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    eats a bag of chips, munches on a package of chocolate chip cookies, a finally, drinks a Sprite!

16. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    My own sister spelled my name wrong?! :mad: ;)

17. SamsGirl

SamsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    hehe, i'm sorry ArwEn, not ArwIn....:)

hey, where'd my popcorn go?
    *grabs it back from Obi-Wan'..*
    nice try...;-)

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    ::::eats a package of chocolate chip cookies::::

Yummmmy yummmy

Hey, where is everyone?

steals some of Samsgirls popcorn.....you can share can't you? ;)

19. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    She can if you tickle her [face_mischief] hehehe

*begins tickling SamsGirl*

take that :p

20. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    (((Also tickles SamsGirl for more popcorn)))
    Yeah, where are all of the people I PM'ed?? :mad: Don't they like me?? :(
    :::John starts to cry while quitely sipping on a Diet Pepsi and eating the stolen popcorn...:::

21. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Combustible Insect hasn't been on since November, so I doubt he'll respond soon. I met a friend of Crisi83, who was going to tell her about me, so I hope she'll eventually respond. A few others, well, I'm not sure.

So, Obi-Wan's Apparition, are you getting Rebel Dream tomorrow? I am, depending on how my 'house inspection' goes (don't ask).
    The only house work I have to do tomorrow is vacuum, make my bed, pick up my living room floor and put laundry away. I figure I can do that by Noon. ;)

When you get Rebel Dream, PM me.

I might be without my computer starting Wednesday (needs matienence done on it :_|)

22. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I will hopefully get Rebel Dream tomorrow, but I don't know. I just got done with The Approaching Storm an hour ago (good book :D ) so I am ready to start it!! :) How long is your computer going to be worked on?? :(

23. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    not sure....I'm going to have it worked on for basic matienence like scandisk, defrag, virus checking.......probably 5 or 6 days...hopefully If I take it in Wednesday, I'll have it back next week. At least I can use my parents' computer, but not friday. I'm not going on the computer on Friday of this week, anyway.

Considering I've never defragged.....I hope its not more than 5 or 6 days......I've lived without my computer for 11 or 12 days (vacation). That was very difficult.

That reminds me, I better backup my fanfiction onto a zip disk....and, oh, I hope they don't accidentally delete any of my bookmarks or stuff. I better back that stuff up tomorrow......

Let's see....if I get up tomorrow by 8:30, take a shower, eat breakfast, vacuum, make my bed, put away my laundry....and then back up some files.....I should be able to give up my computer.

I'll be glad when I get my computer back..... :)

24. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I don't think I could part with my computer for a day :) All I do is look up Star Wars things on it :D So you can use your parents' computer while your's is being repaired??

25. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    yeah, if I go to their house. Its not really repair...its just matienence.... this is what it is, basically:

"Simply put, a Maintenance Checkup from Schrock Innovations is preventative medicine for your computer. Computers wear down just like any other piece of equipment. Just as you should change the oil in your car every 3,000 miles, you should also have a Maintenance Checkup performed on your computer every six months.
    During the Maintenance Checkup our internally certified technicians spend 4-7 hours going over your computer from head to toe. Many computers that come in for a maintenance checkup have already begun to experience problems. On average, the Maintenance Checkup automatically repairs hundreds of problems on each computer we service. Then if more detailed work is required to make your computer like new again, we will call you, explain the situation and attain permission for any work we do. Our Maintenance Checkup runs for only 'cost deleted' "

That is what it is. The computer is three years old - it was actually my parents' computer first, then my dad gave me it when I moved to my own house.

I have a spare computer, but no net on that anymore(I don't use a dial-up modem - I'm lucky enough to get Road Runner High Speed.)

I'll probably spend the days w/o the computer reading all the books I have to finish - like Bacta War, Lord of the Rings, REBEL DREAM, etc.

At least I have that spare computer - so I can write my stories and such. I used it last year when I was having problems with my dial up on the desktop (what I am typing this from) computer.

Well, its very late, I should be going to bed.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.