main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bug Eaters Cantina

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Arwen_Evenstar, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    John, your sig is going to give me nightmares!!! :mad: I saw that movie when I was five and it traumatized me for life, and now we're watching it in Spanish and it's even worse b/c I don't remember what happens and he still scares me and I have no idea what's going on! [/rant]

Sorry, I feel better now :) Just had to get that off my mind... it really did traumatize me... and it really is worse in Spanish...

*grabs rasberry iced tea and curls up in comfy chair, looking fearfully into the corners for a little alien guy yelling 'mi casa! mi casa!*

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    whatcha talking about Arwen? (my espanol is rusty - I took two and a half years, but have forgotten a lot)

3. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    E.T.

He scared me.

A lot.

*pulls blanket over head in comfy chair*

edit - *removes blanket, sets iced tea down, then pulls blanket back over head*

No sense in spilling and getting stains all over my comfy chair ;)

4. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    oh yeah, I think you mentioned that at the meeeting. doh!

John, any word from any of those people that you sent PMs to?

:::still have my computer tonight, but its probably gone tomorrow for matienence::: :(

5. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I still have my computer!!!! I'll probably have it until Monday morning, since it works better for the business that does the matienence. (If I take it in Monday - I'll possibly have it back by Friday - I hope!).

I won't be on the computer nor the Internet on Friday (In honor of Good Friday). If I do manage to get on the Internet next week, it'll have to be from my parents' house, on their computer.

So, please start posting ideas and stuff about our 2nd meeting. We need to come up with a logo and a name soon so we can order t-shirts. We also need to decide if we are going to do any kind of fundraising or stuff for our group or have a treasury or something.

I'll try to be on when I am able to, next week, but it won't be at night. It'll probably be in the afternoon to early evening.

Remember: Our meeting is in one week from this Sunday.

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Arwen! You were also traumatized by ET when you were little?!? I thought I was the only one :D But then I saw it in español, and now I think it's the funniest movie ever :) Drew Barrymore looks sooo funny talking in spanish! But yeah, he scared me so much when I was little too... particularly the part when he is white... :_| I'm sorry if I am scaring you though... :(
    Liz, I haven't heard anything from those people yet :( But I'm glad you still have your computer! Have you gotten Rebel Dream yet?? I haven't... hopefully tonight :) Whew!

7. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I got Rebel Dream early yesterday afternoon...I've read almost 150 pages already. Its good! This is the first NJO book that I have read that I wanted to read! I'll probably end up rereading it at least once. I wish it was longer, though!
    :(

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Now I can't wait!!! :(

9. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    No te preocupes, Juan. La pelicula es comica en espanol, pero todavia tengo miedo.

(lo siento, mi gramatica es muy muy mal :))

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Arwen, I translated what you wrote:

You do not worry, Juan. Pelicula is comica in espanol, but todavia I am scared. I feel it, my gramatica is very very bad. :)

11. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yeah, that's basically it. I don't know how to do accents outside of MS word, so that messes up some of the words.

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Cuando pienso sobre mi signature, ¡Sí es medioso! :D

13. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    *bostezo*

Estoy muy cansada. Necesito dormir muy tarde manana :D

edit - ack! I just saw a car commercial with ET in it :eek: and I'm too traumatized to put that into Spanish. Yo mire un comercial con ET y ahora tengo miedo wait, nevermind, guess I'm not too traumatized...

Maybe I'll go to bed now, I don't think I'm making much sense. Lo siento :)

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    English only, or I'll have to deport you back to Kessel, you Rebel Scum!

Happy Easter everyone!

I won't be on the computer at all tomorrow because of Good Friday. I will likely be on Saturday and then on Sunday Evening.

Ta Ta!

15. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    "We're doomed!" ;)

But Liz, this is just such a fun way to practice our Spanish! :D

16. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    It suddenly get very quiet in here...
    I think it's cause Liz wasn't on her computer all day [face_plain] We miss you Liz :( :_|

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I wasn't on my computer for a good reason. Then I went to get on it this morning and the cable was out (I have RoadRunner). Now I need to catch up on a day's worth of email!

Can someone start suggesting logos for our shirt?

How about sandhill cranes or something?

18. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I was at my cousins for Easter, so that's why I haven't been on.

Happy Easter!

19. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    This will probably my last post in here for a few days - unless I get to use my parents' computer this week. I'm taking my computer in for a matienence check, and hopefully I'll have it back on Thursday or Friday.

I sure hope we can get at least one more member by next Sunday. Remember - next meeting @ 2:00 at Gateway Mall.

I wrote to Douglastheatres by email, and they aren't sure which theatres will be showing AOTC. They'll proably know in April. I'll email them the day AFTER our next meeting to find out.

Please post in the 2nd meeting topic for what our agenda should be for the next meeting.

20. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I hope everyone had a happy Easter or Passover too! I know mine was fun, and a little interesting... :) I really haven't posted that much cause I've been sick :( At least I felt better for our Easter family gathering.

21. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I'm sorry you were sick! :(

But I'm glad you're feeling better :D

22. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
  23. SamsGirl

SamsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    oh, sorry to hear that you were sick:-(

guess what!!?!! WE GOT ANOTHER MEMBER!! that makes five of us now! lol
    His name is Josh, and he is from our school. He said he could come Sunday!:)

Hey, where'd all the popcorn go?? it's all gone! *goes to the microwave and pops some more, cause everybodys been stealing it...;-)*

24. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Steals ALL of the popcorn :D I just got done with Rebel Dream :D Excellent book. How did you like it Liz??

Edit: Hold that question! I forgot that Liz won't be here for a few days :(

25. Warmaster_TsavongLah

Warmaster_TsavongLah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I really liked it, although it would have been better with a final X-wing book to sollidify <:clears throat:> CERTAIN relationships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.