main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Build a Lightsaber Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    After the meeting on the 6th of Oct, we will be having a make your lightsaber party at my house. To get great blue prints for your lightsaber go to www.bigyellowbox.com

Make sure you bring the matrials you'll need. we will provid the tools. If you want to bring so let Ken or myself know.

Hope to see you all there

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Here's a tip for anyone making my lightsaber (I think Ken brought it to the card games yesterday) (and I think it was #4) - since I couldn't find the shower head at Lowes like the directions said, I simply bought the cheapest showerhead I could find at an actual hardware store. (I know, shocking! But the people were fare more helpful than at Home Depot!) If you can, slip the end where the water comes out over the pipe while you're in the store - some won't fit.

3. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    We're happy to help with the process. Here's a few tips.

In order to maximize the time, try to have everything done that you can do. If you can, have pieces cut the right length, all the parts you need or good substitutes, etc. Maybe the first thing we should do is walk through Home Depot/Lowes (although I like supporting local hardware stores wherever I can) to get the right pieces.

We need to round up some things too. I have the "cutting tool" and a power drill. We could use a vise and a hacksaw, and a standard saw (for wood). If I can get my act together, I'll build another one while I'm there.

Ah, the 4 lightsaber household!

4. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    *pouts*

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    ill be there for the meeting prt, but i have to get to work after that so i haave to leave about three.

6. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    can't come but I am making my lightsaber on wednesday and thanks to Ken I have some wonderful ideas. Have my parts. I will bring the finished product the following week for your inspection.
    Ken your sabers were awsome. Thanks for sharing them!

7. Ken_the_CHOD

Sep 16, 2002
    My pleasure. If anyone has a hacksaw, bring it along. I keep coming back to the fact that this is a very inexact process, and between not finding the perfect parts to having things go wrong in the cutting or drilling process, you have to be ready to change your design.

A vise will also be very helpful.

If anyone is getting PVC, remember to get the thinest gauge you can. Home Depot and many other places will also cut it into whatever length you want. As I recall, PVC pipe is sold in 10 foot lengths, which is enough pipe for 20 lightsabers. We can give the spare pipe to one of our happy home owner members, who occassionally hae use for the stuff in home repair.

Everyone finding parts okay?

8. Ken_the_CHOD

Sep 16, 2002
    Let me know if anyone is having trouble getting parts or assembling their sabres.

And our next project might be blasters made out of wood and PVC, if anyone's interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.