main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BUILD YOUR OWN LIGHTSABER KIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    wow , i just saw a pic on RS and ive got to say , it looks cool ! has anyone else seen this ? here is the page...

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/saberkit.jpg

2. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    Looks like it might be promising.

3. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
  4. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    That looks pretty sweet...but I'd like to see more variations.
    Maybe they'll put out supplemental kits later on, that will add different parts/components.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Could be about as fun as TEH gunship.

6. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Am I the only person that thought this looked cheap and tackey when I first saw it??

-saber holder

7. Jedi_Horn

Jedi_Horn Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    Yes I did see it too. I made a thread about it in Costums and Props :) (Mine) I think its cool because for the people that are not crafts men and can't make a tooth pick can buil there own lightsaber.

I hope this isn't the only one and that they will have like 2 more with diffrent hilts. Does any one know if it come with an attchable blade or if its the hilt. I think its just the hilt but a guy can hope right?

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Well, I too would like to see more hilt variations... I wonder if it's going to come with a blade?

9. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Well it looks like to me that you kinda make your own hilt. Just from the parts there it looks like you can make Anakin/Vader's, Luke's, Obi's, and the more generic ones we saw in AOTC. You can see the blade too its in the middle. The clear blade makes me assume that the colored "crystals" are for more than just play (though I doubt you'll be able to tell that much diffrence since you are just dealing with chunks of plastic and a flashlight lamp ;) )

10. Jedi_Horn

Jedi_Horn Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    Does any one know if the hilt pieces are made of plastic or not? I hope they are not, to brakeable and fake looking.

Any one know where I could get a cheap/used dremel? I would like to make my own saber but am a little short on $.

11. JcubFett

JcubFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    It looks cool!

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    That looks amazing, it will be soooooooo cool. Here's an image so you don't need to click.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/saberkit.jpg]

13. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I can't wait for this. It looks to be totally awesome. The only pain will be finding it in stores. To date, I have only seen the Jedi Lightsaber in stores twice, and it was the same one. Oh well, if it comes down to it, I will just order it online.

14. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    This looks interesting, but I wonder just how durable it will be? I imagine most people will buy these to play with, rahter than display since you can construct one to your whim, however my Experiences with the plastica Sabers and there duribility has not been to great 8-}

15. vlps

vlps Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2002
    you know what would be great ?

that those would be metal... it would justify the high price ...

16. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Do you know what's really weird, back in May, I gave Hasbro a suggestion like this, I got no reply so I assumed they just ignored it. Cool eh?

17. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I'm sure it will be the same plastic that the sabers are made out of now.

18. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    What about the blade?

19. JcubFett

JcubFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    I wish it was electronic with a FX blade.

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yeah, me too! :(

21. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    it hasbro were talking about , they used to be called LOW-QUALITY TOYS , remember ;)

is it just me or is that blade a little short :confused:

i wish it was made of metal , or atleast something strong :(

yes i hope they had variations , maybe a yoda/windu would be cewl , kewl , cool , kule :D

22. weezer

May 16, 2001
    What about the blade?

I'm sure it will be the same plastic that the regular ones are made out of.

is it just me or is that blade a little short

Do you mean for an unextended one ?[face_plain]

23. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    The clear blade makes me assume that the colored "crystals" are for more than just play

It looks like there are three colored disks in the upper left hand corner of the tray the parts are sitting, so maybe the "crystals" are just for play.

24. Jacen_Solo3

Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2001
    Hey...here's the "inside scoop" The Crystals are going to sit in a small chamber inside the hilt. the disks are r,b,g,p and are going to dictate the color of the blade. which is clear plastic and extends to the same size at the 20 dollar toys. It runs on two c batteries, and is made out of all the same materials as the current lightsabers. The color won't be as dynamic, but it is certainly a nice way to say...here, make your own toy...we're tired of doing ALL the work.

I know I'll be buying at least one of these puppies.

25. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    wow..........sweet............I am one of those persons who can't make a toothpick........I got a frivikin c+ in art last year and everything else was straight A's...anyways, those look really cool. I'm gonna buy one, as soon as my cash flow.......flows again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.