main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Building your own Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Nakta_Ga-mat, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, my bad mike, I was in a hurry and not typing everyone's names out I guess :)

Chunk is pretty good too, hehe.

And DH: I haven't made my saber yet, so don't try to boost my image (they might be disappointed). :)

2. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    i was gonna save money (yes my job is that bad where i have to save up to buy 20-30 bucks worth of metals and materials) but..... i got asked to prom (sigh but yay i guess)... so i have to save my money for that... any suggestions on a new job for bob?

3. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    is she a hottie? DP and take pics!!

oops, wrong forum! :)

(if you guys only knew how funny that was...)

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    ???????????????????????????????????????

5. Nakta_Ga-mat

Nakta_Ga-mat Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Great to hear that I'll know someone in the Springs who loves Star Wars stuff...Thanks JediDragon...Definately, we will get together. I am planning on going and grabbing hold of a nice Dremel and some bits and stuff for it. We'll all have to get together and show each other the "tricks of the trade" I would very much enjoy that.

As for the get-together after the next meeting...I am afraid I won't be in Colorado until the 28th or so of April, so I'll have to hold off until the May meeting.

6. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    you guys should have a couple of springs get togethers .to work on costumes and stuff .it would be cool to meet the new people down there before we all scare them away .

7. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I got some Ideas on dokus saber catch me in the am and I can shoot them to you on yahoo chat.

8. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    By the way...BIg Yellow BOx has moved and is being held down due to excessive bandwidth problems.....they probably won't be around to be much help in getting saber info....

9. Nakta_Ga-mat

Apr 8, 2002
    OK Chunk, let me know when you get in and you can forward that idea to me.

10. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    you know how to bend plastic pipe right?
    either fill it with sand and heat it up o get a smaller pipe that fit's snug heat up the pipe and bend it I would sugest another pipe as it will not transfer heat to it . just heat up you larger piece then slide in the smaller to the desired length and bend. then finish it of with washers screws and buttons of your liking. I used cuy down window wippers for my grip. and buttons from radio shack.

11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    argh!! dangit, I was planning on writing down a list of junk to buy @ the hardware store this weekend for my saber hilt...bah...

anyway, I had some idea's for dooku's saber. They have lots of elbow type pipe connectors that I think would work good for getting that bent look. The only problem is that shroud thing that runs down the entire hilt...

12. Nakta_Ga-mat

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm gonna wait until I get to Colorado to start building everything. It makes it so much easier if I wait because right now, if I bring anything home, it gets packed. If you guys are planning on trying it out, let me know and we'll get together and check it out. We need to have a building get-together of some sort. You know, get together and watch StarWars all day and build stuff...we could setup a list of parts to get and have everyone go out and get their own stuff but not build it...then we'd build them together and show each other some special tips/tricks/additions.

Personally, I'd think it would be fun, it's up to ya'll.

13. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    great idea !

14. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Did someone say tools? Mesa alsa bout da bildin' wid da mecha neeksa. Haven't done much metal work, but always willing to...experiment...hehehehehehehehe Would love to chat at a bit more length with Kit re: his sabre. Sounds like he's got the one to shoot for.

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    It's not that great, just different.....

16. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Kit, where is Creative Force located? Are they online or Land-based?

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Here's the address:

http://creativeforceinc.homestead.com/

18. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To much man talk for me!
    POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Okay, I got my dremel and lots of components and I've got a pretty good start on my saber. Looks like I'm building instead of buying after all (although I might as well have bought one as much as it cost for the tools I needed pluse the materials).

Yeah, building your own lightsaber IS cheaper...if you already own the tools!

20. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    BUT YOU CAN MAKE OTHER STUFF .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.