Tucson Bumped into a Wookie at Wal-mart

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by TSNFETT, Aug 15, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. TSNFETT Jedi Padawan

Well I was looking at the SW toys in the North side Wal-Mart when I was approached by a wookie with a Business card... So here I am...AGAIN!
    I was once a memeber of this FanForce several years ago, but gave it up due in most part to the lack of Adult envolvment.Basicly no one could do much without permission from their Jedi Masters, and were either Padawans, or Younglings.
    I am very inetersted in Costuming, and Fanfilms, But I do collect most things STAR WARS. I have a fairly good collection of costumes, Fett, Stormtrooper, rebel Fleet trooper, Tusken, Jawa,Imperial officer, and a Character of My own imagination " Lomyz Xam, Imperial Gladiator"
    I have made Freelance Apperances as Fett for Make a wish, and several other Holiday events . So I will lerk around here and see how this FANFORCE gets along.
    Tucson Fett. My webb site is ICONARMS@MSN.Com
  2. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome.

This version of the Fan Force (Two suns) is quite different.

Lots of charity work, comradely, and well organized.

If you need some information I suggest you check out the posts on this board and the web page for our past events in the last year or so.

http://www.TucsonFanForce.com

I will not meet you due to me moving out of Arizona on Friday but I can say with utmost confidence that this is the Friendliest, Fun, most Generous, and most Caring bunch of people I've met in my 35 years on this planet.
  3. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome back! We can always use more fett's! Especially since we are going to start hospital visits.
  4. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome! Jack said he bumped into you. Glad you deceided to come back! I look forward to meeting you and have you as a part of our group!

-Chris
  5. TSNFETT Jedi Padawan

More Fetts! How many do you have? What version, ESB,ROTJ..Jango?
    I have been working on my fett for about 5 years. It has been complete for about 4 of those, but I always make some revisions as the mood strikes me.
    I have a new, more Film Accutrate Helmet that I need to finish as I find the Time. Currently use an Altmans, Nice, but to small, and there is a certian lack of Film Accuracy. My Fett is A Highbred of ESB/ROTJ.
    I have put a Lot of work into him...
    Perhaps the upcoming season I will bring Fett back to life for a few events.
    Best to you all MTFBWY......A
  6. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Hmmmm, I'm wagering a guess that this is vadersdad aka Scott! :)

How are you doing? I think you will be 100% completely amazed at how this fan force is running now. Unfortunately, as my title says, I'm no longer in Tucson. :_|

Anyways, definitely go to the next meeting. I promise you will be impressed. :D
  7. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi there, welcome to the TFF once again!
  8. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yup, now I'm the only Padawan in the group (didn't know there had been others). I'm 16, but they can put up with me for the most part... I think... [face_worried]

But yeah I'm pretty new to the whole FanForce thing, but am loving every bit of it. So, hey! see ya at the next meeting!
  9. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, I am the Wookiee. Glad to see you posted. To answer your question, we have a Jango Fett only. Ran into some guy last Halloween with a Boba outfit, but haven't heard from him since Oct.-Nov. '05.

Hope you can make the meeting on the 27th (Sunday). Look forward to seeing you (and Rebel Mom) at the meeting.

I said we were mostly adults. I never claimed we were mature.
  10. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'll vouch for _Anakin_Vader_ being a good Padawan ;) :p
  11. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I am Jango and MUGEN has a custom mando. I plan on doing a ROTJ Boba later on down the road but have another costume project in the works before starting that!

-Chris
  12. TSNFETT Jedi Padawan

JADA, yes this is Vadersdad. I will look forward to meeting all of you. Havent had the oportunity to wear Fett or any of the others in sometime. I doubt I will get to the Zoo event. Something abount being disarmed. Blaster are a huge part of these costumes.
    I would be very interested in doing some FAN film activity though. Good to see the Tucson Fan Force is alive and well.
    Best regards to all
  13. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awww... thanks Jada, you made my day... ok not really but still... thanks... :D
  14. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Apparently, ONLY the NON-HUMANS, (e.g. wookiee) CAN'T BE ARMED at the zoo*. All the humanoids can have weapons but must keep blasters holstered. That is my understanding of the situation.

*(They're afraid it might give all the other animals ideas...)
  15. TSNFETT Jedi Padawan

Does weapons slung, qualify as holstered?....
  16. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    We didn't get hassled at all [to my knowledge] at the Zoo event for the weapons. I know Mugen had his out.

And most places will also allow weapons if you put the orange tape on the end of them. That is apparently some universal sign that it isn't real . . . or something.

So, um, vadersFETT :p, I really am glad you are giving the group another shot. :D Just wish it had been when I was still there. :_|
  17. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Check out thread titled, "Howl-a-ween 2006", or else contact Dustin, aka Dialswiftjustice. Either source, or both, should give you an idea of what Vivian is willing to accept and/or reject.
  18. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! looking forward to meetin' ya at the TFF meeting. I am about 95% done with a cutom desert Mandalorian Sniper...and working on two...err three other costumes as we speak. Its gonna be nice to have som Original TFF in the house..we could use eveyone we can get!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D= [face_flag]
  19. TSNFETT Jedi Padawan

Mando sniper! sounds cooooool. Do have a Weapon for him? I had built a Prop Gun That I refer to As a
    Long Range Precision Partica Beam Rifle. Kind of just put it together and have it sitting around. It looks good with My tusken raider get up. really would dig seeing the Sniper Costume.
  20. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Bring it with you to the meeting. Not that I'll be there to see it. :_|

<---- misses Tucson alot
  21. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    thanks..it will look good as soon as I have it complete..there is alot to it. I am working on a "Verpine Sniper Rifle" in desert camo..all I did was rip apart my custom Dc-15 and stick it back together for its configuration..need some more parts though. I'd love to see any parts you have..bring'em to the meetin!

SHOW AND TELL EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  22. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    Since we're having Show and Tell, I'll bring my new costume too. :)
  23. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOOH COOL I can bring my Ultrasaber that has some bad-looking-yet-uber-cheap grips!!!
  24. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, if yuo count the DSG, there are Fett's all over the place.

Bottom line is anything that looks like a gun is not allowed this time around. Fantasy weapons (lightsabers etc.) are allowed. I know this will spark debate because we all know they are all fantasy weapons, but thats their rules, and we must respect them. TMC also said the same thing, when we start doing hospital visits.
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    sorry it took me so long to weigh in on this thread. I was out of town for my usual quarterly trip to Arkansas. Nice to have you with us, I look forward to meeting you, I hope you will enjoy being here with us. I know I speak for all of us when I say while we are a very diverse group of people, we all love our Community and Star Wars and enjoy spending good quality time together.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby