Roch, NY Burger King SW Toys Trading Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    KnightShade thought it might be a good idea to start a trading thread to help out everyone who wants a set of these toys (and so we all don't end up with as many duplicates). And, since we have unlimited editing time, each person can make a single post with their "haves" and "wants" and keep it updated without having to make a new post each time their inventory changes. Here's the checklist for reference.

Here's our list:
    (updated 07/01 10:50am)

Haves
    Han Solo (week 1)
    Millenium Falcon (week 1)
    Jabba the Hut (week 1)
    Wicket (week 1)
    Luke Skywalker (week 1)
    R2-D2 (week 2)
    Chewbacca (week 2)
    Darth Maul (week 2)
    Yoda (week 2)
    X-Wing (week 2)
    Emperor Palpatine (week 3)
    Jawa (week 3)
    Podracer (week 3)
    Padme Amidala (week 3)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (week 3)
    Darth Vader (chase)
    Jar Jar Binks (week 4)
    Princess Leia (week 4)
    General Grievous (week 4)
    Jedi Starfighter (week 4)
    Boga (week 4)
    Clone Trooper (week 5)
    Vader's Tie Fighter (week 5)
    Boba Fett (week 5)
    Wampa (week 5)
    C-3PO (week 5)
    Watto (week 6)
    Landspeeder (week 6)
    Battle Droid (week 6)
    Tarrful (week 6)
    Mace Windu (week 6)

Wants
    X-Wing (sealed or opened)

For Trade
    Darth Maul (week 2)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (week 3)
    Jawa (week 3) promised to Rebel_Spook
    Podracer (week 3)
    Princess Leia (week 4) promised to HothGirl
    I also have a few extra of the paper kids meal bags that have all the pictures of the toys on them.

~Doc_Bev
  2. Modernism Force Ghost

star 1
    ok i refuse to get these at Burger King because a few days ago i could just *buy* the toys without getting anything else. Now I have to get a *value meal.* and I think it's bad of them. One said they didn't want someone to buy them all up, but they could just put a per-person limit...

so all I got was a Jabba and a Luke. I'd be willing to pay someone to get for me:

R2D2
    C3PO
    maybe Leia.

Or will possibly trade my Jabba or other stuff. Sorry to be a downer on this but I believe they have gone over to the Dark Side...
  3. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah!! I finally got my Darth Vader toy. This was the first time since the promotion started that I actually asked about one, usually I just take whatever I get because I need most of them. At first I was told now, but then I lucked out because they had to open a new box to get some more of the week 4 toys out.

~Doc_Bev
  4. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea we picked up ours today at the Bk in Brockport. Actually we traded a Dup. Jedi Starfighter for one.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!
    tonight 6/2
    We picked up all of week 5 including 2 darth vadersat the BK on W Henn Rd just south of the mall

I can't say they will do it for everyone, but the tall night manager there seems to want to be done with the whole Star Wars Promo thing so he offered us all the newones plus the vaders. He was really cool about it.

So we have an extra to trade, Since he's kind of rare would it be greedy of me to as for a Chewbacca & a Blue Saber Spoon for it?
  5. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    *bump* I was hoping my update wuld bump this up but it didn't hence the *bunp*
  6. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So how'd everyone do on these? Get the ones you wanted?
    I'll have a complete sealed set after one more trade plus a few extras to trade or for Connor to play with.

~Doc_Bev
  7. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Finished! Yesterday, thanx to my friendly BK in Penfield (Panorama Trail @ Penfield Road). Didn't even have to buy any food this time, as they've gotten to know me over the 6 weeks of this promotion. Did cash in a "Choose Your Destiny" game piece for a free hamburger, though, so I did get my cholesterol for the day.

Now it's time to start hitting up the BK's for their promo stuff as the promotion winds down. Nicky and I have been back and forth the past couple of days revising a letter I scribed to give to the various Burger Kings. Anyone who lives near a BK (or drives by one in your regular travels) could be of help in distributing these letters. Somehow, we'll have to get copies into your hands. Then, we'll raffle off the spoils for charity! PM me if you can help with the letter-handing-out.
  8. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    We still need to get Watto, anyone want to trade for a Wampa ot Tarfull?

on a similar note, we still need a Blue Saber Spoon & A Yoda Head 7/11 cup We have several Red Sabers Spoons & other 7/11 cups to trade. Can anyone help us out?
  9. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No extra Wattos here unfortunately.
    I did ask over on the FF Collector's Market to see if anyone had a spare there. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

~Doc_Bev
  10. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh I forgot about that :)
  11. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tonight there is a Live Auction of the SW promo stuff plus a set of 32 toys. Proceeds are going to the Wayne County Humane Society.

Tuesday 6/28 6 p.m.
    Burger King
    710 West Union St (Rt. 31)
    Newark, NY

I'm planning on being there. :)
  12. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ah man, we'll be on our way up to Toronto (if not already there) by then. That sounds very cool. Is this something that BK is organizing or an outside group like ours?

~Doc_Bev
  13. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I *think* it is something the BK manager is doing. But I'm not sure, I guess I will find out tonight. I don't know of any sw groups out here.
  14. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just updated my list...

~Doc_Bev
  15. DarSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm still looking for a Watto and have a Wampa or Tarrful to trade for him.
  16. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just when you thought you had completed your BK SW toy collection...
    They come out with a whole new batch!
    These ones will be running Nov 7th-Dec 11th.

Oh Outreach Ambassador? We should really try to hound local BK's sooner this time to get promo before it gets tossed. It might also be cool (if we have the time) to do some small promotional events with local BKs.

~Doc_Bev
  17. RogueSquadronWingnut Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not doing this again. I'm trying to lose the weight I put on from the first time. :(
  18. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Darn!

The rumor was they were just re-releasing the old toys...drats and double drats!
  19. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually we are all set on these , forgot to update it
  20. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, you maybe all set on the first wave, but there's all new ones coming out in Nov.

~Doc_Bev
  21. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea I know, but I do actually like the watches
  22. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was looking forward not having to eat BK anymore...but I'll get these for sure. :D
  23. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hope they allow adults to get 2 toys with the meals like they did last time. That was the only way we were able to suffer through that much BK. Because for us, we go there as a family and come out with 5 toys. I'm not sure about the watches. The cases look cool, but I don't know if I like the watches themselves. Might get a couple anyways for Connor when he's older.

~Doc_Bev
  24. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    The BK managers up there must be sticklers, out here I could buy the Jedi meal and then buy extra toys for $1 each. So I could get each week's worth and only have to eat 1 meal. Hopefully, they'll do it again this round. I'm also hoping the Newark store saves the promos for another charity auction. :D
  25. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Get ready folks...
    I was just reading over on rebelscum.com that the new BK SW toy/watch promotion starts Nov 7th and runs until Dec 11th.

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.