main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Burger King Toys

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LeiaAsylum, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to tell y'all that the toys are at Burger King already, even though the release date was previously listed as May 16. I got the Jabba water-squirter and the Han in Carbonite at the BK on Powell (near the cable-car turnaround).

And speaking of the toys, does anyone want to swap at the meeting this Saturday? I'm really looking for Princess Leia (big surprise!), Padme, and the plushies. Anyway, I'll bring them to the meeting if anyone has extras!

2. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    I won a free shake!

3. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    Cool! I got a free cheeseburger or whopper jr. (not as cool as free toys though - ha ha!)

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I havent been to BK since they started the SW thing. What do you have to get to win stuff? Free toys???

Good thing there's a BK within walking distance from my apartment.

5. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    To get the toys, you can order a kid's meal and they are free with that purchase. Otherwise there is some kind of meal deal where you pay $3.98 extra for any adult value meal and get 2 toys, plus maybe an "upsize" on the fries and/or drink - but don't quote me on that, I wasn't able to get the details exactly. I'll pay more attention next time!

As for "prizes," there is a chance to win on certain sizes of fries, drinks, etc. - you get a game piece and if you scratch off the correct Death Star, you can win.

Man, do I sound like a BK PR person or what?? ;)

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Works for me! Guess who's going to BK on her way home from the office?

7. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    I have an extra Wickett and I really want the plush Wampa, Leia, and the x-wing.

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    At the BK in Colma, I was able to buy the toys by themselves. I got the Millennium Falcon, Han in carbonite, plush Wicket, and Dale got the Luke.

9. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Let's see so far I have a vibrating Han Solo in carbonite, a Luke, a Falcon and a plushie.

10. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    During Week 1 it seems the only toys available are Luke, Han, The Falcon, Wickett, Jabba, Anakin and Vader. (I was only able to find Han, Wickett Jabba and Luke last night).

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/BKtoysweek1.jpg]

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/BKtoysweek1.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/morenews.asp

I haven't found any info on when the Week 2 toys will be released, the cashier last night was pretty clueless.

- Kay Dee

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I got Luke and the Falcon yesterday. I need to see if I can get Anakin and Vader.

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I'm not sure what's up with Anakin and Vader. I finally found the Falcon at the Burger King off of Redwood Shores Parkway by the San Carlos Airport. They said they only got the Ewok, The Falcon, Luke and Han in so far. They still have 4 boxes of these toys left, and had no idea exactly when they would get the new ones in "Maybe some time next week."

- Kay Dee

13. DeathStarZero

DeathStarZero Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    So far I've gotten Wicket, Han, and the Millennium Falcon. :)

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I believe the Anakin/Vader is a limited and rare one. If anyone finds them, buy all of them, and we can buy them back from you! :D

15. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    I finally got Luke today, so except for the ltd Vader figure, I now have 1 of each of the first wave of toys. I also have extras (1 each) of Han, Wicket, and the Falcon for trading purposes, if anyone is interested.

Has anyone actually gotten the Vader figure yet, or is it maybe not out yet? I realized that BK seemed to release 1 of each type of toy (pull back, squirter, plush, etc.), so I wonder if they will continue to do that.

Oh, and check the prices. In SF, I found that the extra charges for the "Jedi Meal" that includes 2 toys varied from $1.20 to $3.98, depending on store location!

In the past, I have been able to "trade in" toys that are still sealed in the package for toys that I don't already have. Basically I would take the toys to (in this case) McD's when they were not busy, and ask which toys they currently had. If they had toys I still needed, I would take out my duplicates and ask if I could trade for the toys I wanted. The employees always said Yes and it saved me a few bucks and many calories while pursuing a "complete collection!"

16. jakdin

jakdin Jedi Master

Jun 22, 2004
    On Saturday, down in Sunnyvale, I got Luke, Han and the Falcon... and I didn't have to purchase anything else! I was shocked since I thought I would have to buy a meal or something to be able to get the toys.

Still lookin for Vader tho....

17. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    For those of you who have bought toys without buying food, how much did they charge you for the toys? I'm wondering because in the past McD's would charge about $1.60 per toy, while the cheapest Happy Meal would be $1.99, so being the cheap person I am, I'd eat lunch there and get the toy "for free." But if they are only charging a dollar or so for the toys, I may pursue that option instead!

18. StarSmuggler

Nov 26, 2004
    The Walnut Creek Burger King won't sell the toys separately, they didn't even want to let me buy the two extra toys with the jedi meal! They thought I was making it up until I pointed at the sign and read it to them. I guess I was the only SW nerd they'd encountered at that point. :-B

19. mgmcpa

mgmcpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    Each Burger King seems to be doing their own thing with regards to purchasing the toys.

One BK charged me $2.00 per toy and I could buy as many as I wanted with no food purchase, or $1.29 each (for 2 only) with the purchase of a value meal.

Another BK charged me $2.00 per toy but made me buy a food item with each (hello 99 cent menu). But, it would have been cheaper to have purchased a $1.99 hamburger kids meal for each one.

As for Darth, each case of figures (200 per case) has 5 vaders in it. They are supposed to go out randomly, but I got a store manager to open a new case for me and find one. Good luck!

20. jakdin

jakdin Jedi Master

Jun 22, 2004
    wow. The BK I purchased from sold them because the Ad on the counter said you'd still have to purchase them even WITH a meal.

21. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    I think the new group of toys is out at some BKs, I got Yoda (a wind-up) today, and I saw other people with X-wings (I think those are the pull-backs).

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Ah! One Vader in every case? I wonder if the employees even realize that - I asked if they had the Darth Vader (Had to point to the standee so they knew who I was talking about) and they said they had not gotten that toy in.

Hum, maybe if I hit one of the slower Burger kings in the morning I can get someone to look through a case?

- Kay Dee

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I got Yoda, Maul, and Artoo today. Forgot to get Chewie, though.

24. StarSmuggler

Nov 26, 2004
    Artoo and Chewie -Yay! More cute characters.

25. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I got someone to look through a box tonight and I finally have Vader/Anakin. I picked up an extra one, so if anyone wants it give me a PM. (It cost me $2.15).

- Kathy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.