main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Burger King Toys

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LeiaAsylum, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    FYI, if anyone still happens to have a game piece for free food items, the last day to use them is tomorrow (8/15).

2. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi all,

I decided to sell most of my BK toys, as I never got the full set, and my display space is limited. So if there's one you're looking for, let me know and I'll see if I have it. I'll sell for $2 each, as that's the average of what I paid for each. I can say that I will not be selling Leia, Luke, C-3PO, or Padme, but I can't remember all of the others I have off the top of my head, so drop me a line if you're interested!

3. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi all,
    OK here's the list of toys I'm ready to sell. All are still sealed in their original bags:
    R2 (I have 2 of these)
    Yoda
    Darth Maul
    The Falcon
    Jabba (Matt has dibs, but if he doesn't want it, it's up for grabs)
    X-Wing
    Han
    Watto
    Landspeeder
    Jedi starfighter
    Vader's TIE fighter
    Clone Trooper
    Super Battle Droid
    Just $2 each! I'm also open to trading, I never got Obi-Wan or Boba Fett, so if you want to trade one of those for one of my list, let me know! Either way, anything I have left by next Sunday (Sept. 4) is going on eBay, I just wanted to offer these to our group first. You can reply here or PM or email me if interested.
    Thanks!

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Now that BK is releasing more toys, I guess I can actually complete my collection! Leia Asylum, do you still have that Jabba for sale?

5. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Wow, i believe that was our first locked thread.

6. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi Matt, I am looking at Jabba right now, he's yours if you want him!

What's the deal with the toys being back???? I now regret selling Darth Maul and Yoda, can I get those at BK again??

Just saw the other thread, so it's a whole different set of toys????? Grr! Oh well, at least it's something fun and SW related to do LOL

7. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Actually Erick, within this past summer, "someone" [face_mischief] who longer posts on these boards had a couple of blocked threads due to bad: grammar,attitude, syntax, punctuation, etc...And of course if you go back to the early pages of these boards, they are now blocked as well.

I just hope those that actually contribute to this club and to these boards, and participate in meetings and/or events don't silence themselves due to accidentally double-posting on the same topic, or something else to that effect...It would be a shame to lose any members due to a minor misunderstanding. Besides...us "O.G." members have also done that on occasion as well...:oops:

With that...let me now post the original post on that similar thread, just so we don't lose it:

8. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    I would be interested in buying few of these as well. I must first find out what I need and how many I have already and what is missing. Let me know what you have to trade or sell.

9. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    I really want to get the snowspeeder, ROTJ Luke, and Old Ben.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I like that they have a Luke ROTJ coming out, since I like collecting figures of costumes I have. Too bad they don't have a TIE pilot. :(

11. StarSmuggler

Nov 26, 2004
    Yeah, it would have been cool if they had made a Mustafar Padme; open up the belly and the little twins are inside...j/k

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Would the twins squirt water?

13. StarSmuggler

Nov 26, 2004
    [face_laughing]

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just bumping this up as a reminder that on Monday, Nov. 7, the new line of toys come out, although some have been spotted already. Keep your eyes open!

15. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Cool ... I only have Lea and Darth Maul. I need to expand my collection.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just came back from BK and got the first "wave" of toys: Snowspeeder, Chewie, Obi-Wan (ANH), and stormtrooper. I also got the TPM and ANH watches! :)

17. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    I got a talking darth vader! Woohoo! The guy was nice enough to go through an entire box for us.

18. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    You guys are so lucky - I went to the nearest BK yesterday (Nov 7!) and they didn't have anything. No toys, no watches, nothing!! The nice lady told me they'd have the stuff today (Nov. 8). Very annoying, esp. b/c in SF they were giving out they SW stuff the weekend before they were supposed to last time! I'll have to try again, I'll probably wait until lunch time and then drop by. If they don't have anything I may have to resort to "aggressive negotiations" ;)

For those of you who have been able to convince the employees to let you dig through the box of toys yourself (Eva - I think you said you've done this - ?) how did you do that? Any tips?

19. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Leia .. do you still have the clonetrooper? my son's been wanting that forever :D

20. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    Sorry Elmo, I sold it on eBay. :( I do still have a few MIP, but I'm not sure which ones at the moment, they're in one of the billion boxes we haven't unpacked yet. I'll see if I can find them in the near future!

Anyone else having any luck getting the new toys? I haven't been back to BK yet, so today's the day!

21. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    LeiaAsylum - My tip for getting employees to dig through the box is

a) Get there during a non-rush period
    b) smile and say "Please check for the Darth Vader toy!"
    c) If they say 'We didn't get those' use the force (jedi mind trick, whatever) and tell them you know there are 5 per box.
    d) Let them know you are willing to wait for the line to go away if they need time to check.

I hit our local Burger King today and got lucky becuase they had just opened a box of the wave 2 toys. So, I got all of wave 1, wave 2, and he found talking Vader for me too! Yippy!

Wave 2 is Queen Amidala Ep I, Anakin, Mace, and Anakin's ship

- Kay Dee

22. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    Thanks for the tips Kay_dee! :) I dropped by my local BK yesterday around 230, and the employees were super-nice. They even let me buy all 4 of the wave 1 toys with no food (my waistline needs all the help it can get after this summer's BK promotion [face_laugh] ). I decided not to ask about Vader this time, that way I won't be too pesky when I go back tomorrow and ask again. I'll utilize your tips and let you know how it all turns out!

Who else is digging the magic 8 ball-ness of the OT Obi-Wan? I'm using it all the time, even though his answers are not always what I might want to hear! :)

23. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Took the family tonight to the BK by Ocean Beach. They wouldn't sell me an extra figure. They were given orders to only give figures out with kids a meal.:rolleyes: But my son got his Stormtrooper figure even if dad didn't :p I teased my son and asked him if he wanted to trade his BK figure for my EPIII Kotobukiya 501st Clone Trooper [face_laugh]

24. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    It's funny how different burger kings have different policies. I remember a BK on Powell street insisted on people getting the value meal or whatever it was the first time they issued the toys. I'm lucky tht the BK by my house will sell them without food.

- kay dee

25. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay... I intend NOT to get these toys or whatever. However, since I am well... imfamous, even among my co-workers. My lead (who's just so awesome) at work snagged a couple of the stormtrooper toy for me. It was kinda cute actually the way she told me how she got them, I didn't expect it and I was surprised. Apparently she went to a BK and these two stormie toys were abandoned and she waited a while before she snagged them thinking I'd like them. Even though I intended not to collect these toys I'll keep'em cos it was such a cute gesture and my lead is so nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.