main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Burger King Toys

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LeiaAsylum, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    I can just imagine the little kids faces going back into the BK trying to find their forgotten toys and crying all the way back home. And to think, a Jedi has them now :D you may become a sith yet :D

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    The only BK near me I know of that sells the toys by themselves is the one in Colma, across from Home Depot. BTW, that Kotobukiya figure rocks! I wish I could collect more, but at $99 each, that's seriously damaging my costume fund! So far, I only have the Anakin AOTC. I'd like to get the ESB Vader or Maul next. But if they ever come out with a slave Leia.... ;)

3. elmoizme

Oct 27, 2005
    Check eBay I got mines for about $80 including shipping. There's also a bunch of Unleashed Slave Leias on there right now ;)

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    ^Yeah, I got my Anakin for about $60 on ebay, and it took me over a year to get my Leia Unleashed, because I kept getting outbid at the last minute!

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000

If you ever got to meet my lead I don't think she's the type to do that with thinking about that and triple checkin. Then again the people in my crew currently joked around about that too. Actually one of the toys was slightly defective and maybe they just didn't like stormies. :p

6. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    I've been meaning to post this for a while, and keep forgetting. During the last promotion, I had decent luck at the BK in SF near the main library. It's right by the Civic Center BART. They let me buy toys without food and were good about digging around in the toy box to show me all of the available toys (but I never did get a Vader). Anyway, if some of y'all are out and about, you may want to give it a try! It is funny how all the different BKs have such different policies. You'd think they'd want to make extra $$ by selling the toys!

Ming, great story about your coworker snagging you the figures! Yet another drawback to my new plan of working from home! :)

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Got my Vader! Woo Hoo! Also got Mace, Kit Fisto, Palpatine, Queen Amidala, Anakin, vulture droid, and the ROTS, ESB, and ROTJ watches. :)

8. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I got Yoda & Han last night... still need Vader!

9. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    I got the snow speeder, Naboo Starfighter(which was mislabled on the bag as a vulture droid), queen amidala, R2, stormtrooper, chewbacca, vader, palpatine, anakin, mace, and obi wan, as well as the ANH and TPM watches. Just 6 more figures and 4 more watches to go!!

Has anyone heard of these Star Wars burger king gift cards? They have them at the Burger King on El Camino.

10. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Yoda, Palpatine & Kit - wow! They are rolling these toys out fast. I hope I didn't miss those already (forgot to go to BK last week). Darn!

- kay dee

11. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay, this is getting ridiculous but funny at the same time, and yet nice. Once again since my legendary status as SW central has spread across the galaxy of building 3, my temporary supervisor walked up to me today and gave me a R2-D2 PEZ dispencer on the floor saying "never say I didn't give you anything."! Later I took that R2 PEZ dispencer and shoved it in one of my other co-worker's face saying "now there's my R2 unit!" because he's usually say stupid things like our portable tanks being R2 units (joking of couse). This had nothing to do with the BK toys but I thought it was worth telling since I got those two BK Stormtrooper toys last week too. Fun people at Genentech!

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I knew that "vulture droid" looked like a Naboo starfighter! I wonder if the marketing team is saying, "Wait a minute. We're smarter than this!" ;)

13. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    FYI - As of today, the promotion is officially over... Checked 3 different BKs this morning. So, I guess off to get the rest on E-bay.. :(

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    D'oh! If anyone finds Luke, Bail, Yoda, and/or Vulture droid, I'll pay you back if you can get them for me! :)

15. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    You are kidding? Over? The BK's by my house never put out the last set of toys. I was even checking BK's in Kentucky and they didn't have anything new. Hopefully some BK's will still sell the toys tomorrow? If I had known it ended this soon I would have searched harder for the last 4 toys I need.

- Kay Dee

16. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Ijust got a Yoda. Its like ep1 one that tells fortunes.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Scratch that. I got the last four that I needed today! Now I have all the toys and all the watches! Muwahahaha! :D

Now the question is, what to do with them...

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Ah, I picked up an extra 4 of the final set (Yoda, Bail, Vulture Droid & Luke) thinking Matt would want them. I guess they are up for grabs now. If anyone's interested I can bring them to Borders this week :)

- Kay Dee

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks anyway, Kathy. :)

20. elmoizme

Oct 27, 2005
    I'll take a the Yoda if you still have it. My son will have fun with it (OK My wife and I will have fun with it but don't tell anyone) o_O

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Sure, I'll bring Yoda to Borders then. If anyone is interested in Luke, Bail, and the Vulture Driod let me know.

- Kay Dee

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I say bring them all. There may be people there who may want them.

23. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    It's over already?? Blast it! I never got my Amidala figure. Maybe I'll swing by my local BK anyway, just to be sure ...

24. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Hello.
    Picked up the last ones as well.

However, not all BKs still have the toys.
    You may have to go to more than one. Also, it is probably last week for watches as well. The BKs I went said it was the last week. Some only had a 1/2 case left.

Also, the Gift Cards came out this week. Picked up a set.
    Not sure if I wanted a set until I saw them.

Thank you.

25. elmoizme

Oct 27, 2005
    For Yoda thank you Kay Dee. Enjoy, son will he. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.