Burning a Clone Wars VCD or SVCD

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by 1010101, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exus Jedi Padawan

Great write up, thnx for pointing out everything, i was bored watching it on my 19' Crappy CRT. Thnx alot
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ahh well, I converted the MOVs to XviD AVIs, which work fine.

The only issue now is my NERO software keeps quitting for no reason at 18 seconds of burning. :(

I think my menu is causing the problem. :(
  3. BizAOK Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm having the same problem that jp-30 had. I can't get the quicktime movies to have sound! Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the most current version of the conversion software. I put QTplayer.vpf in the program's directory. I'm not changing any configuration settting. Why have some people had success, and I haven't? I have tried SVCD, VCD, and the DVD formats. Whenever I am ready to begin the conversion, I notice that the audio settings cannot be changed, leading me to believe that the program does not recognize the audio at all. Am I missing a codec?
    I would be very appreciative if those who have had success in converting from quicktime to mpeg would elaborate on their experience.
    Thanks.
  4. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    1010101 said in an email he belives it to be a codec issue. But what codec, he didn't know. :(

So the options are to;

1) find and install the codec
    2) strip the audio as a WAV and recombine with the video stream
    3) convert to an AVI first.

I did "3" with good success.
  5. BizAOK Force Ghost

star 1
    Thanks for the reply, jp-30.

Do you know if the codec was needed to CONVERT the quicktime movie to mpeg, or to PLAY the finished mpeg product? (I'm hoping its needed to convert, so I wouldn't need to have the codec installed on my other computers just to play the mpeg.)

Also, as to the option to convert to avi first, is there a similarly-designed program to go quicktime to avi? I'm hoping you can recommend a program that is both quick and easy.

Thanks again.
  6. one-jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Anyone sorted this problem with no sound yet. It's giving me a headache. I think maybe the audio on .mov files have some type of protection on them. Has anyone got this to work or have any ideas?
  7. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    > so I wouldn't need to have the codec installed on my other computers just to play the mpeg

No, MPGs are codec independent, and will play on any machine.

As for convertinig QT to AVI, just use TPMEnc as sugested and linked to above.
  8. BizAOK Force Ghost

star 1
    Read this very-helpful post:
    http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc&page=1#topic26331

"If you have no sound in your mpeg output and your file is not encoded with ac3 sound. Just goto option, enviromental setting, then vfapi plugin and set direct show filter to a higher priorty like 1. I know most people know this but I haven't used tmpgenc in a long time and I forgot. So I just thought this might help some new people."

Personal note: I had to turn Direct Show plugin to 0, not 1, because QTreader needs to take top priority for Quicktime conversion to mpg to work. But Direct Show's default setting was -1, about the least priority of the eight or so options. Change from -1 to 0, and you will get sound like I did.
  9. m_sifodyas Jedi Knight

star 1
    I tried changing the format from .mov to mpeg. It worked but there is no audio. Pls help....
  10. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Did you do what the guy above you suggested?
  11. General_Rieekan Force Ghost

star 4
    hey y'all i may have a solution to the problem. theres a program called RAD Video Tools. should be easy to find on the net an its free. it converts quicktime (.mov) to .avi files. this is how i did my CW VCD. just convert .mov to .avi with RAD, then use TMPEG to encode your VCD. this is how i pretty much encode any quicktime file to run on my dvd player :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.