Beyond Burning Bright * UDC7 * Week 20 posted 14/Jun (complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 29, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Oops. Forgot to read Week 2 - exelent :D I love the Hazel-verse. The Ori and the Vong can blow each-other up.

Week 3 was also wonderful. Marriage was my favourite. The thoughts are just so Mara.
    Hazel, Jade_eyes and Lady_Misty like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Very nice. Yes, their love is timeless because there is no death, there is the Force. I don't think I commented on the other two. They are all great! =D=
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Feb 12, 2013
    Hazel likes this.
  3. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Mara's thoughts are great! :)

All of them were done well.
    Hazel likes this.
  4. Demendora Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I can actually hear Mara's voice in those)
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  5. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks girls!! [:D]

I'm relieved you all can see Mara in these. I identify a lot with Mara, we're very much alike (except for the whole assassin thing, of course :p) but sometimes that makes it harder because it gets confusing.

If anyone wants a heads-up when i post, just say so.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    their decision adamant I loved all the drabbles this week, gal. But these three words really struck me. Very beautifully written and so very L/M. An adamant decision. Perfect! [face_love]
    Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Lovely, the contrast in each piece and the thoughts so fitting for Mara
    Hazel likes this.
  8. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody [:D]

When I looked at the prompts for this week I immediately thought Tatooine, but fitting in snow was a bit tricky :p

But I did it anyway:

Week Four - Snow, Sand, Water, Heat, Clouds

Snow

If anyone would have asked Mara Jade what working conditions she disliked the most, she would have answered snow. Snow was not suitable as a working environment, especially if one's line of work was to fulfill whatever command the Emperor gave her. It was not like Mara would ever get her next target to choke on white flakes or have him freeze to death under a pile of the stuff. That was silly.

She really thought she would never find a worse working environment than snow, but that had changed when she had arrived in the Force-forsaken planet called Tatooine.

Sand

Mara Jade had already decided she really hated sand. She had only just arrived on that sandy planet and already the dust was everywhere. It itched and scratched and made her oh so uncomfortable. The damned granules had already infiltrated the seams of her lightsaber and of her blaster. Her Master would not be pleased if her lightsaber malfunctioned because of sand. Before positioning herself in an advantageous lookout point, she cleaned away the sand from her weapons.

Now she just had to wait for that stupid farm-boy-turned-rebel to show up and attempt to release his friend.

Water

Mara Jade would have given anything for a bottle of water. It was so damn hot in this place and she had to dance and dance and dance for all those filthy bounty hunters and for the filthiest being of all, Jabba. For a split second Mara felt sorry for the Princess who had ended up shackled to the Hutt. He was so discussing. Maybe this time Mara would bend her Master's rules and also rid the galaxy of the slimy creature.

If only the stupid farm-boy would should up already so she could complete her mission and blast this place.

Heat

Mara Jade couldn't believe the stupid Jedi had slipped through her fingers. She was so angry she could scream.

Where the hell was that kriffing pit anyway? And why on Mustafar did that idiotic Hutt have to put up such a performance just to execute his cursed prisoners? What was wrong with putting a blaster against their heads and shoot? The whole thing was ludicrous. The Hutt was asking for trouble and Mara’s gut told her he would get it.

That was why she was tracking the barge down under the sizzling heat. She had to make sure Skywalker died.

Clouds

When Mara saw the clouds of smoke up ahead she knew it was too late. Still, she made her way to the wreckage. She had to have confirmation that her mark had indeed gotten away so she could report it accurately to her master.

After she did a complete inventory of the casualties, and indeed verified that none of the rebels were among them, Mara prepared her account to the Emperor. She knew she would pay for her failure and she could only hope that she would be given the chance to make amends.

Mara Jade would not fail again.
    Jedi_Lover and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  9. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Amazing use of the prompts. Woohoo! I love Mara's thoughts on the whole Tatooine fiasco :p -- [face_laugh] I thought she'd get heated up watching Luke do his saber antics at the Sail Barge. ;) =P~ LOL
    Hazel likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    I really like this muttering of Mara. The prompts were made for her;)
  11. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh]

I don't mind snow but after a time it gets annoying.

But the last line . . . she failed that one big time seeing that she married the guy that she was supposed to kill.
    Hazel likes this.
  12. Demendora Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Snow is cool in the first few days.Tha same with a sand. But then you notice, that it's everywhere)
  13. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Great use of the snow prompt.

But I think Mara failed big time, unless the order was actually to Kriff Skywalker, then she succeeded big time.
  14. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] Aren't we all glad Mara failed her mission big time?

I'd like some snow. It never snows here. There's a lot of sand though, I live a mile away from a half-dozen beaches.
  15. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Stoked she blew that last command and substituted it. :) :) [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    Hazel likes this.
  16. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Mara's funny..."Why not just put a blaster to the head?". That reminds me Dr. Evil's son, Scott, telling his dad almost the same thing in the Austin Powers movie. [face_laugh]
    Hazel likes this.
  17. Demendora Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    It was the biggiest and the happiest failure of her life))
    Last edited by Demendora, Feb 18, 2013
  18. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah...it is now "You will kriff Luke Skywalker!"

Okay, that wasn't Palpatine in her head but a bunch of hopeful fangirls. ;)
  19. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, poor Mara. Tatooine is miserable! I love her reactions to Jabba's plan for execution. Perfectly Mara. Excellent!!
    Hazel likes this.
  20. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Wow I love your drabbles!

@};-
  21. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody! [:D] :*

Here is more Mara, this time in the first person (I hope it's not weird).

Week Five - Seek, Sneak, Steal, Share, Sell

Seek

To seek out the truth was always a huge part of this Emperor's Hand's mission statement. Even though I was considered an assassin, I took pride in only executing the guilty. It was something I lived by; a huge part of why I was proud to serve my Master. The Emperor knew my methods and approved of them. Or so I thought.

Much later I learned that some of those I had found to be innocent were killed anyway by the Emperor's command. For some unknown reason, he found them wanting. My mission statement was just another of his lies.

Sneak

To sneak into someone's guarded fortress was always one of my favorite parts of the job. In my early years as a Hand I liked to pretend I was a child pretending to be a spy on a mission of vital importance. Pretending it was all a game helped me to control my nervousness.

But deep inside I knew, if someone caught me I was as good as dead. My Master would not be forgiving. He would forget he had sent a thirteen year-old to do a grown being's job and he would punish me as he would an adult.

Steal

Sometimes I had to steal to get the job done. Usually, it was some secret document that could make or break some imperial dignitary. It was necessary and I did it without thinking twice. It didn't bother me one bit. My Master commanded and I obeyed. I even had fun with it, it was like another game.

Later, after my Master died and the Empire began to crumble, I had to steal for other reasons. I had to steal to survive, to eat, to manage a roof over my head.

So, why did that bother me so much more?

One thing that was never a part of my training was how to share. I worked alone. My Master liked it that way; he liked me independent. And I liked to be unique. I was like an only child that didn't want to share her father with any siblings.

Maybe that was why it was so important to him that I believed I was the only one he trusted. I was special, his only Hand.

I can't begin to explain how betrayed I felt when I found out I wasn't the only one after all. I was so stupid then.

Sell

I would never sell myself. Not to anyone, not for anything. It is a matter of pride. When I worked for the Empire it, was because I believed in what I was doing. I believed it was the right thing to do. I was wrong, but I believed I was right.

Call me stupid if you want. I know I was naive. But one thing no one can ever say about me was that I sold myself to the highest bidder.

In my life, I did a lot of things I'm ashamed of, but that one I never ever did.

~*~
    AzureAngel2 and Jade_eyes like this.
  22. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Not weird, more like excellent. =D= =D=
    Hazel likes this.
  23. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    That gave me a plot bunny. I would like to see a story of Mara during this time.
  24. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Should I be worried?
  25. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    A great set showing a young Mara surviving in a galaxy ruled by the emperor. You captured her perfectly
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade