Beyond Burning Bright * UDC7 * Week 20 posted 14/Jun (complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 29, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. EmeraldJediFire Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice. I like the picture it painted.
    Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  2. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    That was so much fun. I, too, wish there were more moments like these in the profics.
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One

star 6
    Even the Skywalkers with their Jedi powers ;) are having the same kind of fun and trouble during a vacation. Loved the whole story[face_laugh]
  4. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody [:D] @};-

This week - Luke's thinking of Mara while on his way to Nirauan.

Week Twelve - See, Hear, Smell, Sense, Touch

See

He had had visions before. Terrible ones, painful ones. But, to his recollection, none had ever caused him this much grief. To see her floating lifeless in a pool of water had been breathtaking.

He had to do something, but what? What could he possibly do to stop his vision from becoming a reality? How could he thwart her destiny? What if, indeed, this was her destiny and there was nothing he could do about it? Was he even able to stop it? Would the Force allow him to step in?

The doubts were overwhelming and almost froze him in place.

Hear

When Talon Karrde confirmed Mara was missing, Luke felt the floor shake beneath his feet. This was it, he instantly knew. She was in danger and it was in his grasp to help. He had to go after her, he simply had to go for it. No Force in the galaxy would stop him.

It was urgent and absolutely necessary. He had to get there in time, even if there was halfway across the galaxy. If he could only hear her voice one more time, he knew he could save her. He had to. His heart depended on it.

Smell

Her smell was all over her ship. A constant reminder of her absence and of the endless possibilities that had never developed. He didn’t dare to think of the wasted potential that was their relationship. A myriad of missed chances and ignored signals. He would not dwell on them, not now that his sole attention was on saving her. For now, her ship was just that – a transport that would take him to her in time, before the worst happened.

While flying her ship, Luke would only allow himself to think of finding Mara Jade, nothing more.

Sense

He had no sense of her in the Force and that troubled him deeply. It could be just that she was too far or because she was untrained, or some other such a simple reason like that, but still, it bothered him far more than he cared to admit. Luke had never allowed himself to admit the real reason why her absence left him hollow inside. He still wasn’t willing to think of it, while searching for her. Maybe later, if he found her alive, he would bring himself to acknowledge them.

But not now, just not now. Later... maybe.

Touch

When he landed on the planet Nirauan, Luke extended his senses to find her. He wanted nothing more than to touch her, feel her presence in the Force. It took him a little while, but then suddenly there she was, just as strong and bright as always. She was alive and well and made his heart leap in his chest. Soon they would be together again. They would face whatever danger was around and, together, they would win. She would not die, he would not let her – that was what together meant.

And after that, something inside him whispered that their lives would change forever.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One

star 6
    A great story. Luke and Mara are meant for each other
    Hazel likes this.
  6. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    He's got it bad.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."
    Hazel likes this.
  7. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Wonderful!!!!! Sweet and wistful. =D= :)
    Hazel likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Beautifully written! I love it!
  9. EmeraldJediFire Force Ghost

star 4
    You are aaamaaaazing

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Hazel likes this.
  10. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Loved these. Especially the ending where he feels that together than can face the danger. And that things between them will change forever. [face_love] [face_love]
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  11. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you everybody! [:D] :* These are fun to write.
  12. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Week Thirteen - Past, Present, Future, Memories, Expectations

Past

I don't like to remember my past; all I find there is deceit. The most important figure in my life, my Master, lied to me and tricked me into doing his bidding. He had me kill for him. He told me it was the right thing to do - to eliminate the traitors. I believed him.

True, many of my marks were indeed foul, disgusting little men with corruption running through their veins, but what about the others, the ones who's only sin was to defy the Emperor?

I thought I was in the side of righteousness ... I was wrong.

Memories

I can't remember a time before the Emperor. I have tried to, but I can't. I concentrate and meditate. I breathe in and breathe out, just as Luke has taught me, but I can't remember. Luke says it's because I'm not ready; that when I'm ready they will return to me. He's probably right. He has helped others with similar problems.

Sometimes at night, while he sleeps next to me, I close my eyes and search for my lost family in my blank memories. I wish, with all my heart, that I could remember something about them.

I hope one day I will.

Present

Looking back, who would have thought I'd be where I am now. Once the Emperor's Hand, now I am about to become a Jedi. If Palpatine could see me now ... And not only that, I will be marrying the man I swore to kill he ordered me to kill in just a couple of days. I wonder what my former Master would say to that?

I almost wish there a little part of him was still around just so he'd see what I'm becoming. No, never mind, I don't wish that; he'd offer me a curse instead of a present.

Future

I have found my future, the place where I belong. It is beside Luke Skywalker, as his life companion. If took me a long time to get here. I had to get over so many misgivings. It took a long time for me to forgive myself for the things I did in the past. I'm not sure I have.

But now it's time to move on, it's time to accept my happiness. I will not allow my heart to be held captive by my past any more.

I say it out loud - I love Luke Skywalker and I will marry him.

Expectations

What will this new stage of my life bring? I'm trying to keep my expectations real and not let myself be carried away, but I have seen things ... visions, Luke calls them ... Friends, foes, journeys, adventures. Luke there, right beside me every step of the way. And children ... I see children in my future. My, our, children. It's both scary and oh so marvelous.

I am looking forward to what life will bring. I know some things will be hard, but I have no doubt others will be wonderful.

Let life come, I will welcome it with open arms.
    Last edited by Hazel, Apr 23, 2013
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Children? Meaning more than one? Oh, I wish. That would be sweet. Nice story!
    Hazel likes this.
  14. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Simply wonderful and marvelous @};- [face_dancing]
    Hazel likes this.
  15. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_love]

Lovely moments!
    Hazel likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One

star 6
    Excellent use of the prompts to show Mara's thoughts
    Hazel likes this.
  17. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Very sweet set :D
    Hazel likes this.
  18. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody! [:D]

****************************************************************************

Week Fourteen - Castle, House, Hut, Tent, Cave

Castle

Despite her young age, she was not overwhelmed by the view before her or by the task ahead. So what if she was about to take out an important member of imperial society, he had done her Master wrong and that was all it took for the Emperor’s Hand to take action.

Concentrating, Mara prepared to break into the castle. She slid through the darkened corridors, tracked down her target and executed him in the name of the Emperor. By sunrise, the deed was done - one last traitor in the galaxy.

That was the will of the Emperor.

House

It wasn’t much of a house, more of a ruin really, but at least it offered a certain degree of shelter from the storm, and that was all Mara needed that night – shelter and a place to rest. She needed rest, having been running for days. The cyborg woman, Lumiya had almost caught up with her today and had made Mara loose her lightsaber. It pained her to lose the weapon, not only because it was a weapon, but also mostly because it was her last heirloom from her Master and she missed him terribly. He was a father to her.

Hut

The sun was rising over the smuggler’s base of Myrkr and Mara took the opportunity to do a little recon of the forest. She knew it was dangerous, but she counted on her skills to help her through. This was a strange place for her; she couldn’t feel the Force but, at the same time, it felt like a weight had lifted off her. She didn’t really understand it, but what the hell, she felt better and that was what was important.

Upon reaching a clearing, a crazy thought crossed her mind – this could be a good place to build a hidden hut.

Tent

If that prissy protocol droid spoke another word, Mara Jade would shoot a blaster bolt at him. So what if they had neglected to bring a tent? None of the others were complaining and she certainly wasn’t, although she could. As the only female in the group, she could have demanded some privacy. And it wasn’t like she felt comfortable being in the middle of Skywalker and his friends. Surely, she much rather be half a galaxy away from them. But she didn’t complain!

That was what you got when you brought a protocol droid to a mission like this.

Cave

It was so dark inside that cave. So kriffing dark. And all Mara could hear where the sounds of those infernal birds that would let her go.

How had she gotten herself into this mess? Captured by a flock of huge avians while on a recon mission for Karrde and the New Republic. This was all the New Republic’s fault – those friends of Luke Skywalker had a knack for getting her into trouble. This was all Skywalker’s fault! Yes, his fault!

And if only her head didn’t hurt so kriffing much, maybe she could stop thinking about him.

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  19. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Terrific blend of situations and moods for the prompts
    Hazel likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One

star 6
    Great glimpses into Mara's life
    Hazel likes this.
  21. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    I have missed a few weeks!! I'm so sorry. But I have to tell you that in last week's set I adore "Future". I miss the time when their future was so bright and open... and you captured that feeling beautifully.
  22. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    All of them were a fun read. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."
    Hazel likes this.
  23. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
  24. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Sorry. Double post.
    Last edited by Briannakin, May 4, 2013
  25. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody!!! [:D] :*

Week Fifteen - Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt

Daughter

She wished she could remember what it was like to be a daughter, but alas, she couldn't. She couldn't remember what it was like to be sung a lullaby, to be caressed until she fell asleep, to be taught to walk or play. All that had been taken away from her and it took her years to even realize that some of those memories, if not all, were supposed to be there.

Without these memories, she felt like half a person. Only when he came and helped her make new memories did she start to feel whole again.

Wife

"Did you really say yes to my marriage proposal?" Luke asked through the darkened Chiss ship awaking the slumbering woman next to him.

"Hmmmm. What?"

"Did you say yes to becoming my wife?"

"No, you dreamed that part."

"Yes, you did."

"If you know my answer so well why do you keep asking?

"Because I still can't believe it."

She turned away from him and took his arm, wrapping around herself. "Well believe it, Farmboy. Now let me go back to sleep."

"Can you say yes to me again before you do?"

"NO!"

"Come on..." He held her tighter.

"Fine. YES! Now sleep."

Sister

Leia's eyes were red-rimed and still moist from tears when the ceremony ended. Just as General Ackbar introduced me and Luke as Mr. and Mrs. Skywalker (I'm still not sure I approve of this designation), she was there right before us. First, she gave Luke the typical sisterly Wookiee-hug, she undoubtedly learned from Chewbacca, and then she turned to me, hugged me just as tightly and said in my ear: "You are my sister now." I couldn't help but feel the depth of feeling imprinted onto these words. They touched me deeply and I knew them to be the absolute truth.

Mother

The last thing I ever expect to be in life was a mother, but the very first time I sensed that tiny life growing inside me, it was a done deal - there was nothing I wanted more and nothing I wouldn't do to protect my baby. Up to that time, I thought Luke was overprotective. I'm a thousand times worse. I would sleep with all my senses open and focused on my child. To protect him, I would rip out the guts of whoever threaded my child.

The galaxy knows, no one messes with Momma Mara!

Aunt

"Aunt Mara, can I talk to you a minute?"

"Sure, Jaina. What's up?"

"I... Did you know I'm about to graduate from the Academy?"

"Of course. I do teach here."

"Yeah..."

"Come on. Out with it."

"Now I need to get a Master so that I can continue my training, don't I?"

"That's how it works."

"Aunt Mara, I'd like it very much if you were my Master."

Mara waited a few seconds before replying. She didn't want to hint that she was expecting Jaina's proposal. "Okay. But you'll have to follow my lead on everything."

"I will Aunt Mara! THANKS!!"
    earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade