Beyond Burning Bright * UDC7 * Week 20 posted 14/Jun (complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 29, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wife lol I could SO. See Luke doing that heh

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  2. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Daughter: I can just believe the lack of those memories would leave a hole/void. :(

Mother: Awww. Wife: Squee! Sister--oh that's sweet. Aunt: Just how I imagined that conversation. :cool:
    Hazel likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Sweet and touching and humor mixed in your entry. I love them=D=
    Hazel likes this.
  4. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Wife and Aunt are really funny! [face_laugh]
    Hazel likes this.
  5. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    I quite enjoyed them all, but wife was my favourite :D
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  6. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    I need to be tagged. I keep missing updates. I read the last two posts and they are awesome. Mara in the Cave unable to stop thinking about Skywalker. :p And overprotective Mother-Mara. I love it.
    Hazel likes this.
  7. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody! [:D]

Tagging: @Jedi_Lover

Week Sixteen - Assume, Misunderstand, Confuse, Deny, Admit

Assume

"So, just because I haven't put a blaster-bolt through your chest, you assume I'm warming up to you? You are WRONG, Skywalker!"

"I'm not assuming anything. I'm just stating you had plenty of opportunities."

"The only reason you're not dead yet is because I keep finding myself in situations where I need you alive."

'She needs me.' Luke smirked, but refrained to comment aloud. Still, she noticed his expression.

"You'd better wipe that smile off you face or I just might decide I don't need you after all."

Reluctantly, he complied. Maybe after they rescued her boss, she'd be friendlier.

Misunderstand

"You misunderstand my intentions, Mara," Luke exclaimed trying to keep the blood from rushing to his face. "I am not trying to grope you in any way. I'm just saying that it would be easier for us to keep warm if we used our body heat."

"Nice try, Skywalker! Keep your hands to yourself. I don't need you to stay warm."

"Okay," he shrugged and settled a few feet away, "but don't say I didn't try to help."

What she refused to acknowledge was that the simple thought of his arms around her was enough to turn up her temperature.

Confuse

"You confuse the hell out of me." She shouted back to him in the middle of their quarrel. "You say you are a Jedi, but you team up with a Sith the first chance you get; you ask me over to your Academy, but when I come you hardly notice me; you fall head over heels for a computer when I'm..."

"When you're what, Mara?"

"Doesn't matter. I'm leaving."

Later, he wouldn't be able to say how long he stared at the door after she left. All he could think about was the hint of the words left unsaid.

Deny

Her loud voice could be heard from a distance.

"You are CRAZY, Calrissian! You are KRIFFING out of your MIND!"

"Come on Mara, don't deny it! The only reason you agreed to pretend to be dating me was to make Luke jealous."

It was probably fortunate that Mara Jade's blaster had a drained power-pack or Lando Calrissian would have been no more. Instead, he only ended up with a few bruises - his head, from the thrown blaster; his back, from when he hit the floor; and his ego, for passing out.

When would he learn not to confront redheads?

Admit

She wouldn't admit to it - never admit to it. She would lock the feeling away in the depths of her heart where it would never see the light of day. What would be the point of letting it out if it was unrequited? It would only cause her grief, and she did not need more grief.

She kept telling herself that he didn't care for her that way, that he only saw her as a possible ally, but she couldn't help it. She couldn't forget. She didn't really want to.

How could she possibly know he felt the same?
  8. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Assume and Misunderstand - classic! =D= Confuse - :D for what was unsaid. Deny [face_rofl] Admit -- now this gets a squee! and deserves at least 100 more words! [:D]
    Last edited by Jade_eyes, May 14, 2013
    Hazel likes this.
  9. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    I remember the few books where Mara and Lando were dating. Sure Luke was jealous but from what I remember he just gave Lando a slightly cold shoulder until Mara and Lando went their separate ways.

Skywalkers seem to enjoy difficult women.
  10. Demendora Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Oh those two and their fear of being rejected. I just wish Han and Karrde have done something sooner about them.
  11. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Woot! Absolutely wonderful! Boy that got some plot bunnies running through my mind. :D
  12. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Yay!! [face_dancing] [face_batting]
  13. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    The bickering and bantering[face_laugh] They seem to do it at every opportunity
  14. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Poor Mara. Poor confused Luke. Poor baby Ben having to wait forever to be born because his parents couldn't get it together. LOL! Great job showing their growing attraction and frustration.
  15. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you everybody!! [:D]

Week Seventeen - Weapon, Helmet, Shield, Cloak, Transmitter

Weapon

She was a well-crafted weapon. An agent capable of fulfilling her Master's will whatever it may be, and she stopped at nothing to do so. There was no hesitation, no doubt, no fear - only her Master's command mattered. She never faltered.

She had been trained by the best to be the best and she took pride in it. Every skill she ever mastered had the single function of serving her Master. There was nothing else in her life, no other purpose.

She was the Emperor's Hand and it never crossed her mind to be anything else.

Helmet

The black-clad helmet hid her features from prying eyes. It was part of her official outfit, a way for the Emperor's commanding officers to know who she was without knowing her. It was almost amusing to see a Moff who just the previous night was making advances toward her dancer's guise, now trembling underneath her gaze as she handed him her Master's orders. He knew the black-clad trooper before him stood for the Emperor himself. He just didn't know that same trooper was the dancing girl who had enthralled him the night before.

Yes, she was a master of disguise.

Shield

It was important to shield her weaknesses when out missions. She knew she had them, she was no fool, and she knew they could be used against her. That was why she tried to suppress them. It was strange, though, how her Master seemed to nurture some of them. If she thought about it - really thought about - she would realize that her Master only encouraged the ones that made her dependent on him, making sure to suppress the ones that cave her character.

Later, she would understand it was a ploy to control her. She would never forgive him for that.

Cloak

She often conducted her Master's affairs under the cloak of night. It was part of her disguise, a part of the mysterious aura she had cultivated as the Emperor's Hand. No one knew who she really was except, of course, the very few people who held the Emperor's trust and those grew fewer every day. It wasn't uncommon for the Emperor to send her to investigate them. In fact, sometimes she wondered if he trusted anyone at all. She hoped he trusted her, she believed it, really.

Still that nagging feeling remained, that there was more to trust than what she got.

Transmitter

A transmitter was something those who were not special used. She needed no such thing to contact her Master and that was proof of the strength of their bond. She was proud of it. She was special in the eyes of the Emperor, or so the believed.

When she found out the truth, she felt betrayed, violated even. She vowed never to let anyone else control her like that again. No one would ever be allowed within the depths of her soul again.

It would take a long time before she allowed someone else to get close again.
  16. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Too long!!! [face_waiting] Ten years! :_|

Nice update!
    Hazel likes this.
  17. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Superb insights. =D=
    Hazel likes this.
  18. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Once you are burned it's hard to trust again.
    Hazel likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Great use of the prompts to give us more insight in Mara's character
    Hazel likes this.
  20. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Great snippets of Mara's time as the hand.
    Hazel likes this.
  21. Demendora Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I always argue with one girl, who hates Mara and calls her "bi...ch", not understanding her story and all the mental and physical violence she has been through. I always answer her, that she has no basic knowledge of the human psyche, because If she did she would understand Mara's attitude.
    Hazel likes this.
  22. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody! [:D] @};-

****************************************************************************

Week Eighteen - Sing, Talk, Yell, Whisper, Ignore

Ignore

From the very first moment they had met, there was a spark. At first, she thought it was hatred, for the things she believed he had done, but as the time went by and she got to know him, she realized it was something else entirely different. It was a pull that drew her closer to him, that made her feel she was at home with him. It was something strong and powerful and it was so very frightening in nature that she feared giving in and getting hurt in the process. That was why she did her very best to ignore it.

Whisper

There was a whisper in the air every time she saw him; a grip that made her want to stay longer than she had to. Something she absolutely had to ignore and fight against.

She couldn't stay. Her life was elsewhere, it was between the core and the fringes of the galaxy, it was not on a jungle moon. She couldn't stay. She did not belong in an Jedi Academy; she was not ready to entrust her life to the Force or to the Jedi Master.

But deep down she knew, she would have stayed if he had asked her to.

Yell

Sometimes she wanted to yell at him. Well, not sometimes - all the time. She wanted to scream 'DON’T DO THAT' or 'LOOK AT ME' or even 'LISTEN TO ME', but she held back. It wasn't her place intrude in his life. It wasn't like she could make him listen to her. It wasn't as if she could change his mind about whatever it was she thought he was doing wrong. So she held back and tried to stay away. Only she couldn't stay away, so the only thing she could do was shout 'SKYWALKER, STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!'

Talk

It is amazing how a single talk can change things. Letting your frustrations pour out of your mouth and see how the other person acknowledges or counters them can be quite cleansing. That was what happened in the caves on Nirauan. When she stated all her misgivings about him, she tore down the wall between them and their relationship was free to flow. And like the waters of the underground river, it did flow, and became so much more than it would have otherwise. It became as large and deep and endless like the ocean.

This was their love.

Sing

She loved to watch when he sang to their infant son. He would hold the baby in his arms while rocking him to sleep. This was a side of the great Jedi Master that only she (and their son) got to see; it was private and intimate and so very endearing. It made her love him so much more. Sometimes, she would join in the chorus and sing along. It was a family moment.

Sometimes she wondered, though, if the authors of 'Dance, Dance Little Ewok' would have ever imagined the significance their song would have to a family.
    Last edited by Hazel, May 30, 2013
  23. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Wonderfully insightful and squeelicious, especially Whisper and Talk.
    Hazel likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Lovely flow of the drabbles so fitting for Mara and Luke
    Sing and the ewoks[face_laugh][face_dancing]
    Hazel likes this.
  25. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    The end of SING was so sweet. My mom used to sing the Australian Folk Song "Kookaburra" to me when I was a very small child. Now I can't find a version I like on iTunes. :(
    Hazel likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade