Burning Stars-(Jaina/Jag/Kyp) -Author?s Final Note (for now)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JaegerGhent, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaegerGhent Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, if this really stinks, I'm sorry....

All right, I hope this?ll be helpful?these are links to all the pages that have posts. All the other pages in-between are all either begging or weird conversations. ;) :p

2, 5, 7, 12, 16, 18, 20, 22, 28, 31, 38, 47, 58, 61, 68, 71, 74, 75

------------------

Jaina Solo stormed down the halls of the Errant Venture . Her hands were balled tightly into fists, her jaw set firmly. She needed to cool off?-vent her frustration, get his face out of her mind. She turned a corner and stepped into a small turbolift that ran to the lower levels of the huge Star Destroyer, ignoring the other people riding with her.

She had just returned from the Sernpidal System?the place where the beloved Chewbacca had died saving her youngest brother, Anakin Solo?and was still seething from the betrayal of Kyp Durron.

At the thought of his name, her blo od began to boil and she balled her fists even harder. She couldn?t believe he?d used her like that! Couldn?t believe that she?d helped him destroy a worldship that could?ve been filled with civilians! Even if they were Vong!

The turbolift came to a halt and Jaina quickly brushed past the other occupants and started down the long hall in the belly of the ship. She looked carefully at the markings on each of the doors she passed. Somewhere around here, Anakin had said?there. She approached the door with the words ?Secondary Cargo Hold? scribbled on a piece of flimsy and nailed to the door.
    She palmed the opening button and stepped into a dimly lit room. She felt along the wall until she found the light panel, then pushed it up six notches.

Blazing light flooded the hold, and she had to quickly push the panel down again so she wouldn?t be blinded by the brightness of the artificial light. When her eyes finally adjusted, she walked to a small closet and carefully slid the door open. She nodded as she saw the three Vong practice droids lined up in the back. These would do nicely.

She busied herself with pulling them out and prepping them for battle.

Jaina spun around, deflecting a blow from the practice droid with her lightsaber. Her blade connected with the writhing black staff the droid held with a crash, sending sparks of energy flying. The staff twisted up and opened its mouth, sending a spurt of liquid out at her. Jaina ducked low beneath the streaming dye and lunged forward, her violet blade thrumming loudly as she swung it in a tight arc and hit the droid full force in the left thigh. It immediately froze in mid swing, it?s ?amphistaff? was jerked up toward the ceiling and paused in a non-threatening manner.
    Jaina straightened up and moved away from the dr
  2. Melyanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Gosh darn it, I'm supposed to be writing Obi angst for this collab with Ish now, but dang, this was too tempting!

Great job, Jaeger! I love your title!
  3. JaegerGhent Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks, Melyanna. Took me forever to come up with it!
  4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ANother Kyp/Jaina fic!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You rock, JG!!
    Post more soon!!
  5. JaegerGhent Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_blush] Thanks, Jedi_Jaina_Durron. Working on it right now. :)
  6. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Great job, Jaeger! I love this! Keep going!
  7. Avalon69 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Write more!! I must know if it's him! 8-}
  8. Karoline Jedi Master

star 4
    I must agree with A69. That was great :)
  9. HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE Jedi Knight

star 2
    GREAT JOB!!

PLEASE KEEP WRITING!!!!

UP!!!
  10. JaegerGhent Force Ghost

star 5
    Val: Thank you very much!

Avalon: Just sent the next post off to the beta. :)

Karoline: Thanks! :)

H_E_R: Thanky thanky!

Wow! Can't believe it came off this good! I have to go out, but if at all possible, I'll try to get another post up tonight. :) Maybe sometime around 5 or 6, board time. Thanks a bunch, guys!

11. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    Who knew... :p
    Kidding, kiddo...great stuff, keep it coming!
  12. vogt0047 Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey this is pretty good!

keep it coming :)
  13. JaegerGhent Force Ghost

star 5
    Eld: :p :D Thanks.

Vogt: Thank you!

Well, here's the next part! Hope you like it!

---------

?Jag, we?ve got trouble.?

Colonel Jagged Fel?twenty-one as of the week before?turned from the viewport he was standing by to look at the speaker. ? What is it, Uncle??

Wedge Antilles strode into the Ralroost?s pilot ready room, a datapad clenched in his hand. ?The Vong have entered the Unknown Regions and your father doesn?t have enough pilots to fight them.?

Jag?s eyes widened and he eyed the datapad from his uncle. ?What do you mean we don?t have enough pilots? We should have forty-six squadrons and nearly a hundred backup pilots!?

?Well, now you have twenty-four squads and zero backups.? Wedge shook his head sadly. ?You?re people are in deep trouble.?

?Obviously! So what are we going to do? How many squads can the New Republic loan us?when can we leave??

Wedge scowled. ?Jag?they?re not going to loan you any squads.?

Fel?s pale green eyes narrowed. ?What? After all we?ve done for them, they?re just going to stand there and??

?It?s not the military, Jagged. It?s the politicians. They?ve taken all they could from the Imperials, and now they think this is the perfect way to get rid of the Empire for good.?

Jag muttered something vicious sounding in Chiss, then looked back at his uncle. ?I have to go. How long will it take for Spike Squad to get cleared for departure??

?It?ll take at least another five days before we come out of hyperspace. In the meantime, I??

?Five days?? Fel blanched and stared out the viewport; at the swirling and curving lights that made up constellations but here were just blurs in hyperspace. ?That could be too late if the Vong have already cut our military nearly in half!?

??I will inform Rogue Squadron of a change in plans. They?ll be accompanying you,? Wedge finished, crossing his arms over his chest. Jag frowned.

?I thought you said the Republic wasn?t sending anyone.?

The general nodded. ?That?s right. We?re doing this completely without their consent, whether they like it or not.?
    When the look on Jag?s face registered in Wedge?s mind, he quickly added, ?Rogue Squadron is known for pulling stunts like this. The politicians might have forgotten who our allies are. But we haven?t.?

Jag sighed. ?I don?t want to sound ungrateful?this already is more than I was expecting that we?d get. I?m just not sure that one extra squad will help a whole lot.?

Wedge nodded. ?And that?s why I?m going to try to contact Luke the next time we drop out of hyperspace. We need Kyp Durron. I don?t like him at all, and his recent antics have driven me very near to loathing the man?but he has a squadron of highly trained pilots that could come in very handy. What?s more, Durron owes us big time for not throwing him in prison for life after that little episode at Sernpidal.?
    He shrugged and rubbed his neck. ?I also know that Luke has at least half a squadron?s worth of Jedi that are trained as pilots?not the least of them would be the Solo kids.?

Jag?s eyes took on a faraway look after Wedge?s last statement. ?Yes,? he murmured, as if to himself. ?The Solos.?

Wedge cleared his throat and Jag abruptly broke out of his revere, glancing up at the general. ?So three squadrons counting Spike, and at least half a squad of Jedi.? He nodded once, sharply. ?We might yet have a chance to survive this. If it?s available, I?ll take it.?
    -------------
    I swear I have the fastest beta on the boards. [face_shocked] I sent this less than 20 minutes ago!
  14. Melyanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! Good post!

And fast betas are a marvel... Though I really prefer to have my beta sessions live, via AIM. ;)
  15. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Another great post! I like this already. :)
    And your beta sounds wonderful! Hang on to 'em. Good ones are hard to find.
  16. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah Mel..so you're the beta here? :D

Great chapter, Jaeger. Go, go, go! And I agree with Val...hang on to that beta. :)
  17. jainasolo2001 Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    This fic needs a reload button, people. Come on!!
  19. Melyanna Jedi Master

star 4
    Sure, I'll help.

And what in the name of Aldebaron makes you think I'm the beta here?
  20. JaegerGhent Force Ghost

star 5
    Melyanna: Yes, fast beta's are definitely a marvel!

Val: [face_blush] Glad you think it's good! Yeah, mine's one in a million. Maybe two! :D

Eld: I'm writing writing writing as fast as I can! :D Yeah, I'm gonna try to hang on to mine as long as possible! :)

Jainasolo2001: Next post is in the works. :)

Thanks for all the positive feedback! I'm really lovin' writing this story, and glad so many people like it. :) Well, G'night,
    all! Might have a new part to post tomorrow. :)
  21. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    Mel: because you said you really preferred it by AIM. I dunno...that sounded like you might have done it but preferred another way to do it next time. :)
  23. HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE Jedi Knight

star 2
  24. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey, I'm liking the story, JaegerGhent :) Just one question, and I know I sound like a darn newbie when I ask it, but what is a beta and what do they do? :)

Jae Angel
  25. Miss_Jaina Jedi Knight

star 3
    Very good story!

~Miss Jaina
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.