main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Burning Stars-(Jaina/Jag/Kyp) -Author?s Final Note (for now)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JaegerGhent, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    alright! can't wait for it, JG!

2. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    :)

Has anybody here read any books by Frank Peretti? Christian Mystery/Horror story writer. Just found out one of his teenage books is gonna come out as a movie early next year! [face_shocked] :D

Gonna be PG or PG-13. Man, I want to see it! :p Hangman's Curse was such a good book.

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    never heard of them....

are you working on that postie, JG? ;)

4. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Yup. :D Building up to the d eath scene....probably why I'm reading Peretti so much lately. :p

You should really try his books. Haven't worked up the guts to try his a dult ones yet. Everyone I've talked to that's read 'em have gotten nightmares for long periods of time. [face_plain] :p

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    i'll check one out the next time i go to the library...

four hours until it's my birthday!

6. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Great. Try Hangman's Curse. Best one I've read so far, and it's the first of his teenage ones.

Really? Awesome! Happy Birthday! How old are ya' gonna be? ?[face_plain]

7. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    I use to love Peretti! Haven't read any of his stuff for a long time though. I really need to catch up on all these fan fics.

8. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    i'm going to be 14...

so, Hangman's Curse by Peretti... i'll remember that... 8-}

9. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Cool, Wookie!

Great to see you around again, btw. :)

10. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Good to be around again. I've got a four day weekend from school, so I'll try to catch up on this.

11. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Wookie: Hope you enjoy it. :)

LtJS: ;)

I just turned 14 this year as well. It's always fun when people think you're older than you are...I always assumed you were around 16 or 17. :p

12. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    16 or 17 is the age that i assumed you were too! [face_shocked] so, are you working on that postie? :D

13. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    LOL! Love it when people think that. ;) [face_mischief] :p

Yep, still am....might be done it tonight. Not sure, though. Had to go run upstairs and pack not long ago....Mom might let me know I forgot some stuff. :p Will have it up before I leave though!

14. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    coolsies! i'm going to get a new post up for Forever Lost too before i go to bed!

15. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Great! :D

Well, forgive me if I don't reply to any messages for awhile. Wanna try to finish the post before bed. :)

16. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    you're forgiven in advance... 8-}

17. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Thanks. :p

Well, I sent the post out to the Beta early this morning and I've still gotten no reply. I'm gonna wait a bit longer, though before posting it.

EDIT: I swear my Beta's psychic! :p

The next post!

Soontir Fel grit his teeth. He?d made some mistakes in life before?but this one topped all.

What an idiot, he berated himself for the five-hundredth time. What a kriffing idiot!

Fel had been captured far quicker than he?d ever thought possible. He?d put up a good fight more or less?taking out two Peace Brigaders in the first few seconds of confusion?but with dozens more coming at him from all angles, two men down wasn?t going to make a whole vapin? difference. He?d been stunned soon after, and the next thing he remembered?vague though it was?was the long walk through the corridor?s of one of the Brigade?s capital ships. From the design and shape of the interior, probably an old Correlian Corvette.

Soontir cursed under his breath. He should?ve known that those sithspawn Peace Brigaders would surround the Hand of Thrawn?should?ve thought to take more than that lousy blaster with him when he brilliantly decided to run out of the safety of the fortress and go to his wife and daughters? aid.

Wife and daughters?? Soontir leaned his head against the cool metal wall of his cell. There was a muffled thudding coming from somewhere to his right, but he tuned it out.

Where was his family now? Safe away on the ship he?d had waiting for them, or still stuck down on the planet? If the latter?

He blocked that thought out. His family was off the planet. They had to be. He refused to believe it could be any other way. And he would somehow find a way to get off this ship and get back to them.

With this thought, the Baron crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes, hoping to regain his strength quickly.

In the back of his mind, he noticed that the thudding had stopped.

Tavis Saibere kept his eyes glued fast to the floor as the pilot and leader of this particular Peace Brigade mission spoke to the being before them.

??I told you that we?d capture worthy sacrifices at this planet, sir, and we did just that.?

?You promised us Jeedai,? the tall Yuuzhan Vong growled. ?And I do not see any here.?

?Warrior Yaahr Ter, with all due respect, I did not promise we?d find Jedi here. But we?ve captured the Baron Soontir Fel and his family! That must account for something.?

Tavis flicked his eyes up from the floor and gave the Brigader standing beside him a quick once-over.

Xev Altiv was sweating profusely, his graying hair hanging limp over too-large ears. He pursed his pudgy lips and tried to look as though there?d only been some small misunderstanding, and that the Vong had heard him wrong.

The alien hadn?t heard wrong though, Saibere was positive. Altiv had been caught in a lie and now, knowing these disgusting creatures, he would have to pay.

Altiv knew this as well?probably the reason he was rambling on so, trying to buy time. Not that that would do him much good. He might delay the inevitable for a little longer, but there was no where he could run. All the escape pods had been disconnected from the ship for one of either two reasons: To keep any Brigaders who were starting to feel uneasy about this whole thing from abandoning ship, or just because Yuuzhan Vong pilots always went down with their ships if they were critically damaged, and figured their ?allies? should do so as well.

Probably both.

Altiv kept arguing on, trying to convince the Vong Warrior before him that he?d been mistaken about promising that there?d be Jedi here.

?Is this Fel family Jeedai?? The Warrior demanded.

Xev licked his lips. ?Well, no, but??

?Then they do not matter to me!?

Saibere knew this wouldn?t last much longer and a moment later he was proven correct. With a foul Vong word, and a grunt of disgust, Yaahr Ter uncoiled the amphistaff around his arm a

18. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh augh. Gross, but excellent post! Poor Soontir. I hope his family's okay! Especially Jag. ;) And I feel so bad for that little boy. Save him, JG, save him!! More soon, I hope. ;)

19. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Thanks LadyMairead. :D Just building up to the first more or less 'big' death scene. [face_devil] Need to know if I'm a bit too descriptive in this department, though....

20. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Death scene?? Death scene??!! Oh, not another one!! Where's S.P.E.W. when you need it??!

21. Katie_Kenobi

Katie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2002
    Great post!! My birthday's today!! That poor kid, he should've been old enough to know that the Vong are evil and that the Peace Brigaders are evil too. Have a good trip!

Katie

22. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Thanks Katie! :)

It is? Well I'll put you up there too! :p

23. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Good god, everyone's birthday is today!

24. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Is it yours too, Mairead? :p

25. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Nope, happily, I turn 18 in December. When's yours??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.