main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Burnout 3 : Takedown...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Imran, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I was looking through this forum, and to my surprise there's not a single thread (at least, not one that I could find) dedicated to the latest Burnout instalment.

I purchased Burnout 3 : Takedown on Friday, and I have to say that it's the best racing game I've ever played. In fact, it's one the best games I've played. I'm not a car or racing fanatic, and I get bored at the sight of Gran Turismo and the like, so this game must be impressive if I like it. ;)

So come on people, let's discuss this game. Any hints, tips and strategies are welcome. We could even see who has the most takedowns in a single race.

And to round off, here are useful links.

[li][link=http://www.eagames.com/official/burnout/burnout3/us/home.jsp][b]Burnout 3 Official Site[/b][/link][/li]
    [li][link=http://ps2.ign.com/articles/544/544152p1.html][b]PS2.ign.com Review[/b][/link][/li]
    [li][link=http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/burnout3/review.html][b]Gamespot Review[/b][/link][/li]

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    How is the crashing footage this time?

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I have only played the demo at EB but I can safely say it's awesome. Better than 2. Plus you can kind of control your crashes now to launch bigger combos.

4. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    So is the game worth the purchase?

5. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I don't know if it's because I suck or what, but everytime I do an actual race, I get thoroughly SPANKED. I mean, I'm like 10 seconds down.

Still an awesome game though. I'd rent it or play the demo before buying though.

GO BUCKEYES!

6. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002
    This game is more than just worth it. If you have any kind of love for the "fun" factor in games, do yourself a favour and pick it up. I can't remember the last time I played a game for 5 days constantly without getting slightly bored. There's just so many events to take part in it's overwhelming at first.

The speed, the graphics and detail in the tracks are excellent. Although, take note that you won't have time to be looking at the tracks when you're flying down the wrong side of the road to push up boost levels with oncoming traffic at a speed of 200mph (which actually feels about 2 time faster). It can be quite difficult however. Earlier, I was leading a race in first position for 3 laps, and on the last, I ran into a Flatbed and because of that I finished third.

New modes like "Crash" and "Rage" all bring something new to usually boring genre of racing for me. Plus, using "After touch", when you crash (and you will) you can effect the movement of the wreck quite in a subtle manner to land it into other competitors.

I really can't recommend this game enough. If you have any questions, fire them this way. :)

7. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002
    I've now been playing the game for 7.5 hours, and I'm only 30 or so percent complete. That means that there are still a lot of hours left in this game...

8. jollydwarf

jollydwarf Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    If you're lucky enough to see this post in time, at playstation.com they're selling the game for $21.33 (before shipping). PS2 only, of course. I have NO idea why it's marked down so much. I have it for the Xbox, and it's well worth $50, so get a move on!

Here is the path to get there! Good luck!

9. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I love this game. My friends and I have been playing it obsessively for the past couple of days, and we're about 54% of the way through the game. I haven't tried it on XBox Live yet, but if anyone's interested in setting up a game, my GamerTag is "Xenomrph 01".

10. Darth_Dreysta

Darth_Dreysta Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2003
    This is, undoubtedly, the best racing game i've ever played on my xbox! the road rage mode is the greatest!

11. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I love Road Rage mode. The slow-mo cam when you wipe out other racers never gets old.

And we're 68% of the way through the game now. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.