main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive BurntTheMacaroni(Asho)'s Art- Updated October 1st. Meeting a SW artist and new costume!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BurntTheMacaroni, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    Hey all! After much encouragement from a fellow artist(Deb ;) ) I have decided to share some of my work. I do some graphic work, and i like to use a pencil every now and then. Charcoal is lots of fun, but i havent attempted any SW work with it(who knows what the future holds).

I think I will start with my graphic work. Nothing too special, just some backgrounds I made. They do go in order from my first made, to my latest... I've noticed i improved with each one(Photoshop took me a bit to get used to)

Mara Jade Skywalker

Jaina Solo

Han and Leia(Made for my friend Princess Bunhead.. Everyone loves a bunhead :) )

The Solo Family

Luke and the Solo boys

Mara and Jaina(by far my favorite)

Anakin and Tahiri

Danni and Jacen(Made for my friend Danni_Solo)

And for all of you fellow Kyp/Jaina supporters[face_dancing]
    Kyp and Jaina

Jaina and Jacen

And.. just for Kicks.. not really art.. but.. it's a fun merged pic. Only thing that bothers me is Kyp's saber.. it turned out weird, but i'll try to fix it later

Kyp and Jaina Character Guide

Almost finished! - Pilot Jaina - 1 2 3

OC background- Her name is Anabelle Durron. She's the daughter of Kyp and Jaina... I'm finishing up the first few chapters of the fanfic where she's born, and will be posting it soon... This was my first attempt at what i like to call an ULTRA FANCY BACKGROUND hehe.. Let me know what ya think!

Anabelle Durron

[image=http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2620/ana23ng.jpg]Version 2

In Your Dreams, CorSec

the long awaited, pilot jaina! [image=http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/7476/img9ij.jpg]

[image=http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/383/bunhead6rm.jpg]

**NEW**

Meeting the artists of Star Wars
    [image=http://static.flickr.com/84/235473415_957735e43e_o.jpg]

Thanks for looking at my work! [:D]

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Wow those wallpapers are AWESOME! I even like that you included Wicktone's Mara into the Mara wallpaper.

Wonderful job! Can't wait to see more!

PS I love how Kyp's hair came out, looks very nice and fluid.

3. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Welcome to Fanart! I'm truly so glad that Falcon could convince you to share these, she does have that encouraging personality doesn't she? :)

With the image collages, you've really done wonderfully there! I could never do this type of work, you've really got to have a sense of the overall look, even though you're working with individual images. Very hard to get looking great but you've done so well! :D The Solo family one is a particular fave, the two large faces with the three full body images of the kids is just really nicely balanced. Well done!

Thanks for sharing your traditional media work with us as well, and I totally understand the craziness of scanners. Sometimes they decide to work, other times you're at their mercy... *kicks her pathetic excuse for scanner* lol. Well done here, and can't wait to see more, and Kyp to be finished....with hair like that he'll look great!

Oh and by the way I LMAO at your nickname thang! Hilarious! Although do you prefer to be called Burnt or Macaroni or something else entirely? :p

4. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    PadmeLeiaJaina - Thank you so much for your kind words! I love making wallpapers, i have no idea why, but i find them fun. I LOVED Wicktone's pic of Mara, and i felt it would fit great in the piece. The Luke on my RP board actually requested that i used that picture in SOMETHING haha... So of course i listened. As for Kyp's hair.. that's ALL thanks to FalconFan. As you can see in the Jaina pic, hair was NOT my best talent when it comes to people. But all thanks to Deb, i can actually make some decent hair!

Corellian_Rogue - Thanks for the warm Welcome! It's great to be here :) . I've always been on the Fanfiction section, but finally decided to venture over here, and boy am i glad! Deb is great, and i'm glad she talked some sense into me haha. I'm glad you like the Solo Family wallpaper. That one was particularly weird for me, because at first i had put just the heads of the children. It just seemed to look, offbalanced... But then i remembered the picture of the kids and tried that. As for Mister Durron's hair. I must say i am proud of myself, and i'm glad people seem to like it. I'm too much of a perfectionist, so when things look wrong, i tend to hate the whole thing. The Jaina pic, i find it.. well.. Not up to my usual standards. I believe i could probably give it another shot, which i probably will :). Again thank you so much for your kind words!

As for what to call me.. Well.. My friends call me Asho. You all can call me whatever you like, but Asho seems to be the popular choice. Not too many Ashos out there :)

5. Danni_Solo

Danni_Solo Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    [face_love] Ash-oooo's lovely pictureeeeeeeeeeeeee

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice work. I really like Luke and the Solo boys the best. Mainly because I love that picture of Luke. Where did you get it? It is a beautiful rendering of my favorite farmboy. [face_love]

Great job! I look forward to seeing more.

AG88

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    See?
    ;) :D

I told you it would be fun!

I just love all this stuff, Asho (like that name, too!), and am really looking forward to seeing the Kyp piece in a further state of completion!

Of your wonderful wallpapers, I think for a fav I have to go with Luke and the boys, too--just something about how you've composed it, and the wonderful quote--really lovely! All of them demonstrate a wonderful sense of composition and balance--very, very nice!

I'll add my "looking forward to more" to all the others you've received so far! Can't wait!

FF

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, BurntTheMacaroni! I'm glad FF was able to convince you that we don't bite. :p

I love what you've done with your wallpapers. Nice combination of the Japenese NJO covers. I always did like them better than what we got here in the States. It was really neat to see them in different compositions.

You also have a nice handle with the pencil. From what I could see from Jaina and the in-progress of Kyp(will that one be finished?), your proportions looks pretty good and nice shading. The only thing that I think is detracting from your drawings is the heavy use of graphite. It generates that "shiny" or "greasy" effect you see on Jaina's shirt. Once way I was taught to get around that is to gradually build up your darks by cross-hatching instead of just blocking them in with scribbles.

9. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    Danni_Solo -Hehe i lerv you!

academygrad88-Thanks! The Luke and Solo boys one is also a favorite of mine. master and his youngins :) . That picture was taken from the Japanese cover of Survivor's Quest. That is also where i got the picture of Mara for the Jaina/mara pic. I just made a few more, so hopefully i will have those up!

FalconFan -Ok ok so you were right! And i'm glad i decided to post this. It's given me a certain inspiration to draw some more. Thank you again so much for your kind words. It's great to know that people actually like my work :) I'll keep em comin, i promise.

HanSolo29- Thanks! I'm loving it here! Everyone is so nice, and i love looking at other people's work. The Kyp pic MIGHT be finished... I just think i had an overall bad start on it. I mean the hair was good, but jsut the hair. I might start all over with a new one, jsut to be on the safe side(i'm too much of a perfectionist). I also did notice i have a heavy hand with my graphite. I'm just getting back into drawing, so it's like learning all over again. Trial and error. But i will def try the crosshatching idea(we use it alot in my drawing class), or i've found i like the "smudge" method. So hopefully my next drawing will be a little better than Ms Solo.

10. Princess_Bunhead

Princess_Bunhead Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    Give me your talent to draw Ashoness. I can only do graphic stuff, lol

11. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    I love the Mara/Jaina one!!!

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hell, I love all of your wallpapers and your pencil drawings look also good. Please do more, can't wait to see what you are doing next.

13. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    Princess_Bunhead - My dear i would love to hehe.. But i think your graphic talent is pretty darn fabulous :)

Eirate_rules - Thanks! that one is my personal favorite, it is actually the background on my computer hehe. I'm probably going to do another Mara/Jaina one so keep an eye out!

Chilla- Thanks for droppin by! I'm glad you like the wallpapers. I just added a few more up there :) . I will definatly do some more, when i'm not sure. But I might have a few more by this weekend.

-Asho[face_pumpkin]

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice new additions, Asho! I really like them both, but especially the Anakin/Tahiri one--great images of them both (and I love seeing them together, too!)! Again--wonderful compositions, and good balances of light and dark tones.

As to the "shiny" graphite--yeah, we all sort of struggle with that a bit when trying to come up with the dark values. HanSolo29's advice about the crosshatching is wonderful (I've tried that myself, and it works great!), and I also use the smudging technique, but with a plain paper Kleenex (on the advice and suggestion of our beloved Aurelia, another Master at the Graphite!). I'm looking forward to seeing more pencil work when you get around to some--and just so you know, we all love to see the works-in-progress: it's a great way to see just how someone goes about creating their finished pieces.

Very nice work!

FF

15. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    Thanks for the tips Deb :) . I just started a new drawing of Ms. Solo in her X-wing gear. I figured i'd abandon Kyp right now, and go back to it later. The cross hatching really worls well with the darker areas. I found that, if you change direction slightly, it builds it up. I think i like that alot better than taking a pencil and just scribbling in my blacks. I'll hopefully have the Jaina picture done within the week, i'll keep ya updated!

16. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    Updated preview of my Jaina pic...

I do need to post a better updated one. I have her flightsuit and gear almost completely done.. now its on to the face!

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    That's looking wonderful, Asho! Great detailing and shading! As to the "shine," it might be in part due to shooting your drawings with a camera--do you have access to a scanner anywhere, at school maybe? Scanners (though sometimes they can drive me nuts...) are actually much better for capturing images to post up--they can catch details that are lost in camera images. If you don't have a scanner, Christmas is coming up, and they're actually pretty inexpensive! "Dear Santa..." ;) :D

This looks like it's going to be a great drawing--can't wait to see more!

FF

18. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    *sneaks in and drools over wallpapers*

Oh, this is lovely work!

*still unable to speak complex, coherent sentences*

~Misha

19. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    Deb You'll be happy to know that the picture is almost complete!! Just gotta finish up her hair and face, and i should be good to go :D

Thanks for dropping by DreamingIce! I'm glad you like the wallpapers. I should be posting a few more either today or tomorrow.. Depending on when i finish them

20. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    New background up.. Not my best work honestly.. But a few people like it

21. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    A few people - including me! It's great!

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    That wallpaper isn't half bad! Good job! The cutout of Jacen works great with the wallpaper.

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Nice new wallpaper Asho! I especially like both those images--two of my favs of the twins! And the quote is great! I can almost imagine they got that from listening to their mother and her twin, talking about that same thing! lol! I love the green--an excellent color for this (and just happens to be one of my favorites, too!)! Nicely done!

FF

24. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    Phew sorry i havent been responding faster. College finals are in a week!! anyways.. i'll give out my thank yous of course. Also.. well im not sure promoting yourself is allowed. But my friends and i did a combo fanfic. Its about Kyp and Jaina's wedding. Its still in the works but it should be up and running soon if anyone is interested.. On with my thank yous!

Chilla- I'm glad you like it. I was going for something a little more simple than the others, i feel sometimes alot of pictures can ruin it.

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Thanks! i have to give the japanese artist credit. he did an amazing job capturing the characters

FalconFan Always great to hear what you think. Since you are the one who got me to post on here(i think you've created a monster! [face_skull] ). I hope we will be seeing more of your lovely artwork in the near future??

25. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    all right folks.. New Jaina pilot pic... its almost done (eeeeeeeee!!!!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.