1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive BurntTheMacaroni(Asho)'s Art- Updated October 1st. Meeting a SW artist and new costume!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BurntTheMacaroni, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Princess_Bunhead Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am amazed beyond reason by your Jaina art Asho! I love it! :D
  2. Giolon05 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Very impressive, Asho. I can't wait to see the finished version!
  3. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, she's lovely. [face_love] Really looks great.
  4. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I'm loving the way the Jaina portrait is turning out! And I so cannot wait till you get a scanner, so we can see these pieces in better perspective! The details look wonderful here, particularly on her flightsuit--this is going to be great, Asho! Wonderful work!

FF
  5. BurntTheMacaroni Force Ghost

star 3
    Bunhead - Much love sista :D . I'm loving your latest pieces.. especially your flashing Chanukah leia [face_laugh]

Chilla - Thanks a bunch!!! I hope to have her done soon. So far she's been a 6 hour project *wipes sweat from brow*

FalconFan - I promise i'm buying my own scanner after the holidays. This piece is one i'm super proud of and i really want to show off the work i did on it. I'm super stoked that you like it

Happy Holidays all! and to hold ya off... I've got a new background...
  6. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, very nice! Great choice for the face, and giving her Kyp's green eyes and her mother's features is wonderful! I also like the little "blackboard" phrase across the bottom: "She's her Mother's Daughter:" as a pilot and a Jedi, she actually takes after both parents....Kyp's no slouch in the piloting department, either! ;) I like that font, too, and the way you've "faded" it just a little, to make it blend in. Wonderful piece!

FF
  7. BurntTheMacaroni Force Ghost

star 3
    Haha Thanks Deb! Yeaaaa i know Kyp is a gosh darn good pilot as well(probably one of my favs next to Jaina and Tycho), but her attitude is more Jaina(it's all in the fanfic... i'll post it eventually haha)

As for the actual background. The picture is of Rachel Leigh Cooke... I tweeked the features a tad and did a little bit of a touch up job, i was shocked cuz it really doesnt look like Rachel at all... And it worked great for a Kyp and Jaina child...

Glad you like it though.. Leave it up to me to make one response long and winded hehe

Happy Holidays, Deb!
  8. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    I [face_love] Kyp's and Jaina's daughter! She's beautiful and has wonderful green eyes - like her father. She really looks like their child. Can't wait to read the story. Could you PM me please, when you post it?
  9. BurntTheMacaroni Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey Chilla! I'll def message ya when it's up. I'm glad you like it. i did another one because i just wasnt stoked on the first... i think it's a tad better... and it shows who she is a little better than the first... But glad you like Version 1.. Hope you have a happy holiday season! [:D]
  10. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice revision on the background, Asho--the stars and the faded X-wing are perfect (and poor Kyp would be tearing out his hair with a daughter that beautiful, lol!). This is still a very nice piece!

FF
  11. BurntTheMacaroni Force Ghost

star 3
    Sorry its been so long! things have been insane, between Vacation and getting ready for classes.. phew.. anyways.. i went to the land of Disney World, and they had several FABULOUS star wars things.. so of course i photographed them for your viewing pleasure!flickr
  12. BurntTheMacaroni Force Ghost

star 3
    And im back.... Making backgrounds that is... New one up of Mirax and Corran.. no matter how much i *edit*- Dislike Jedi Corran.. you GOTTA love Rogue/CorSec Corran
  13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    :eek: How can you hate Corran?!?!?!
  14. BurntTheMacaroni Force Ghost

star 3
    let me rephrase.. i dont HATE him.. i dislike him as Jedi Master Corran... Maybe it's cuz im a Kyp fan.. But dont get me wrong.. I adore Corran in the X-wing books.
  15. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, [face_love] the new wallpaper. It's very cool. =D=
  16. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice Corran/Mirax w/p, Asho! I don't think I've seen any of those images before, with the exception of the lightsaber Corran and the one of Mirax pointing (which is in the EU Community forum banner!)--they all look wonderful, and the composition of this is great! It's interesting how much fun it is sometimes to see things like this, composed of purely illustrated images! Nice job!

FF
  17. Giolon05 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Very nice wallpaper compilation. I love Mirax, perhaps even more than Mara Jade. Perhaps I should give her a render...
  18. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice work! You've got a great eye for composition IMHO.

oldj
  19. Princess_Bunhead Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mirax & CorSec. Gotta love 'em! Awesome work as always Asho :D
  20. BurntTheMacaroni Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks for the kind words, Deb! Mirax and Corran are probably one of my favorite couples, just because of the odd pairing. Not that they are odd, but their pasts. it makes for fun reading :)

I'm thinking you should ;)

Thanks oldjedinurse!

Thankies Bunnnnnhead :)
  21. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    "Pilot Jaina" turned out beautifully, Asho! Your efforts really paid off here, particularly with all the detailing in her flightsuit/accessories: the textures and "tactile" sense of it all is wonderful! I can see the "hair tutorial" at work on her hair here--at the part and toward the ends of the strands--don't forget the "eraser sweep" on the "up-light" side, though, to suggest the "shine" and to help contour the head. On the critique side, I think you need to give her head a bit more volume on the left side (her right)--if you compare the right and left sides of her head, it isn't quite symmetrical, and should be, with her looking straight "at the camera." She has a bit of a surprised look about her eyes (this may be intentional, though--disregard me if it is). If it isn't, you can ease this by darkening the lashline on her upper eyelids and shadowing a bit above the eyes. Be sure to study eyes in photos--there's usually a little crease above the lashline, where the eyelid "folds back" when the eye is open, and there's usually a bit of a shadow from the eyelid on the iris and cornea. Overall, the shading could be a bit darker (and believe me, I know how tough it can be to break that "light shading" habit--I'm still working on it!!), particularly on her face, which would give it a bit more shape and volume. Proportionally, I think you're right on the money here, especially with the face--it looks just right! All in all, I think this is a wonderful piece, and really shows how much you put into it! I've always avoided "flightsuit Jaina" because of all the detailing--you seem to have handled that--and the entire piece--beautifully, and I applaud your efforts! Well done!

FF
  22. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Very nice work on Jaina. That looks like it took a lot of time to draw and shade. There is so much detail to the flightsuit. Great job!!

AG88
  23. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, such a lovely drawing of Jaina. I agree she has a lot of details. =D=
  24. BurntTheMacaroni Force Ghost

star 3
    Thank's for the tips Deb! I will definatly be working on the eyes(considering that was the one thing i complained about to my friends). The flightsuit and her chest box were my favorite things to draw and detail. i do agree everything could be a bit darker, unfortunatly i've always been afraid of the dark ;) . Now that i have atleast shown everyone this version, i'll attack it with my pencil and see how dark i can get it.

Thanks AG88! The flightsuit was so fun! that alone took me about 4 hours to draw, getting it to where i was happy with it. The helmet bothers me a bit, but i cant be happy about everything hehe

Thanks Chilla! Btw i should have a new post up to my fan fic today.. sorry for that delay!
  25. BurntTheMacaroni Force Ghost

star 3
    Wow bringing back an old thread! how nice of me :)

Well this isnt anything special, but my friend's nickname is bunhead, so i made a shirt design for her... figured i'd post it :)

[image=http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/383/bunhead6rm.jpg]
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.