main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Burried Treasures

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthBobbalot, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Got the name idea from G4, but i was just thinking it would be cool to see what everyone thought were the best "unknown" titles for any system you can think of.

For me, two N64 games come to mind.

Hybrid Heaven and Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage

Hybrid Heaven has clunky controls and bad translation at times, but what really stands out to me in this game is its combat. Its a martial arts type of game, but you choose which kind of attack you want to do through a menu. So you can do a left uppercut, right high roundhouse kick and so on. And what really makes it special is it takes into account how far away you are from your opponent, and how damaging it really would be if you were in a certain position. Say an opponent was running at you. And right when he gets to you, you sidestep to teh left and throw a high straight punch to the head. Since the guy was running at you, his head would be really close to your arm when you threw the punch, so you would do more damage than if you tried to throw a left hook to the same area. I dunno if i explained it too well, but you might get the gist of it. Anyway, i really like this game because the combat is really done well.

And the Aidyn Chronicles. This is a really cool rpg, but the story is sometimes confusing, and its got lots of loose ends in it. What drew me to this game was all the powers you can get in it, and its a really large world too, it was one of the first rpgs i played on the N64 and it really brought me into the genre. I havent played it for a long time, but i think im gonna go look for it somewhere and play it again... I recomend it to anyone who still has an N64 or an emulator or something...

Whats everyone else's favorite unknowns?

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Gunstar Heroes for the Sega Genesis comes to mind. Oddly enough, Treasure was the name of the company that developed it.

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Beyond Good and Evil for many different platforms.

4. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    Rush 2049 for the N64. Stunt Mode was awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.