main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Busch Gardens - October 18th, 11am; Meet at the Main Gate!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Just thought I would open discussion for a Busch Gardens trip now.

I know the concensus at the meeting was that May was a fickle month to get together for anything due to schedules, holidays, and various other anomalies.

So do we want to plan on a June trip? Any later than that and we get into the hot/muggy/unbreathable weather of July and August.

Well, lets start throwing out possible dates peoples.

Personally, any Saturday in June will work for me right now. Ideal June Saturdays for me are the 7th, and the 21st, simply because I am off on the Friday beforehand.

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Fun! Probably the best day for me and Ken out of those dates is the 7th. Hard to say, but the 14th and 21st are most likely not good.

3. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I agree that we should NOT go in July/Aug. Ick. If we can't do it soon, then we should wait till sometime after Labor Day.

June 7 is okay for me at this point (I think). I know the 14th is bad because a) I might be in cleveland and b) heather graduates a few days after that so we will be tied up with that. Any days after that will be after school gets out so it will be way crowded...

4. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Sounds like we may want to shoot for June 7 to avoid after-school invasion of teeny boppers. No offense to Heather, we know she's not your average teen. ;)

What about Malkie? He said that June was a better month for him to do anything.

And we need to find out what Sharon's schedule is like.

Oh and our lurker members, Drew and his wife. Can they go???

*Ahem/Cough* Coordinator, whats the price situation for Busch Gardens???

And we will no doubt want to coordinate travel/caravan arrangements.
    Val, what's in Cleve-Land???

5. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Yes, we should definitely all travel together. If my counting is correct, I think Sha is off that weekend. Admission is abut $45 for a day. (If you think you might end up there again this year, a two day pass is $60... a much better deal. The days don't have to be used in a row.) Anyway, the hours for June 7 are 10-10.

One other thing we are trying to schedule before it gets too hot is our picnic on the mall... we might want to mull over a date for that as well.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland. They have a huge exhibit about a certain band I hate. :D

6. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well I knew the Hall of Fame was there, but I didn't know you were going to Cleve-Land for that.

7. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Price situation: Dang expensive. But in addition to the 2 day pass, the season pass is $70 (according to a friend who lives near there). Also, parking is $10.

So, on the list is:
    Me
    Ken
    Mutt
    Valerie
    Heather

I'll keep adding as people say yes....

8. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am off the weekend of the 7th and the 21st so plan away i will be there.

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm assuming the 7th is a go for this? I will add it to our calendar. :D

10. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Will this be the meeting for the month? Because I do not plan on going to this.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I wasn't planning on it being the official meeting for the month. Not unless we can't get together at some other time during the month.

12. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Thanks. I hope we can get together at some other time to have the meeting. I would hate to miss that.

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    As the time gets closer, I'll work out rides, and whatnot.

14. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I will make sure I get the 7th off. :)

15. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    The 7th it is.i will drive a group if anyone wants. let me know. I can seat five besides my self comfortably.

16. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    This coordinating thing is easy.

Hopefully we can go - househunting takes a lot of time, but who knows, maybe we'll have found something by then. I'll count me and Ken in.

17. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay folks, I'm about to save you guys a few bucks. I just found out that through the base I work at, I can get tickets to Busch Gardens for $38.00 vs. $45.00 at the door. I know its not a big major savings, but every little bit helps.

So if you guys want to use this service, I need a positive head count and I'll need money either before or the day of the trip. I can probably front the money, but only for people confirmed going. I'm not going to pay for a ticket for someone who decides to drop out later on.

18. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Sounds groovay. That gives us extra money for the huge black forest cake at Oktoberfest. Or for Ken's favorite ride. ;)

19. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    You mean the beer-barrel ride?

20. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    That would be the one.

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    It's educational. From what I recall, you learn how they make the beer.

I'll certainly know close to the date if I can go - thanks for the cheap tix!!

22. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    If you know FOR SURE that you are going to BG on June 7, please post here. Mutt needs to know a head count so he can buy the discounted tickets. If you aren't sure, it's fine to wait until the last minute to decide, but you won't get discounted tickets. Mmmkay?

23. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm almost sure that I'll be going with you guys. I think I can scrounge up the money.

24. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    It'd be interesting to go, but I'm not travel-equipped...in other words, I have no way to get there. Unless someone is willing to give a drag queen a lift...? 8-}

25. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Well I will be attending because I just found out that they are giving a free pass to all service members starting this weekend till Nov.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.