Busch Gardens - October 18th, 11am; Meet at the Main Gate!!!

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by MuttandSolo, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    oh yeah they did that after Desert Storm. my whole family got in free because daddy was still in the military at the time. He works for the IG now. I wonder if he can get me a free pass...
  2. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hm. Is it worth joining the Army? Hmmm.....
  3. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay folks, we're coming down to the wire for the Busch Gardens trip. So far we have the following people to go:

Cinnea
    Dark_Jedi_Kam
    Darth_Stalker
    DerthNader
    JediShaLee
    Ken_the_CHOD
    MuttandSolo
    Stateless
    Strangebehaviour
    -Tenel-Ka-
    Total: 10 (8 needing Tickets)

Please let me know if I need to add or rop peoples.

DerthNader depending on your proximity to DC, maybe we can arrange to have you picked up.

Also, we need to figure a meeting up point for our caravan. Personally, I was thinking of something near Potomac Mills, just off of I-95.
  4. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jeff, I've been talking with DerthNader trying to work a way to pick her up, but it might be easier for you or Sha to get her because of her location.
  5. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Where is she located?

EDIT: I just updated my post to include Heather. Somehow I forgot her. Sorry Heather. :(
  6. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    You can add TK to the list. I *think* she still plans to go.

I think the commuter lot near Potomac Mills would be a good place to meet up, provided the lot doesn't close. (I don't think it does, but I'll have to check.)
  7. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Would a McDonald's be easier to find? I don't know where the commuter lot is actually.

Also, I need to know if children are coming along too, so I know if I have to order children's tickets. Child's tickets are $32.00 each, I'm guessing that's for 12 and under.
  8. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jeff I'll PM you her location incase she doesn't want it know to the public.

I also don't know where the cummuter lot is either
  9. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    maybe you should meet in the Target parking lot when you get off at the Prince William Parkway exit.
  10. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the idea is to have someplace to leave the cars Liz, it might not be cool to leave them in the parking lot all day
  11. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    well, the commuter lot has no security. maybe you guys should park at the main entrance of Potomac Mills.
  12. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, we could plan to meet somewhere initially that would be easy to find (my concern), then if we have cars to leave behind, etc. Val can do the directing of traffic that way.
  13. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, the point of a commuter lot is that it's a place to park cars! There is no secure place, no choices there. The commuter lot is super easy to find, you drive right by it on 95. Same exit as Target/Prince William Parkway. Get off at the exit, it is to your immediate right. It could not be easier. It is not a good idea to leave cars at stores, depending on what time we are planning to get home, etc. Most places don't like you parking there unless you are shopping there. :)
  14. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Commuter lot off of Prince William Pkwy exit it is then.
  15. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, this trip *would* be on Saturday the 7th. [face_plain]
    One of my buddies from high school is in a rock band, and they're gonna be playing in our hometown the night of the 7th, at my favorite hangout... which is also where he works for his day job. So, I already promised him I'd be there that night to see his band play. [face_plain]
    Oh well, guess I'll have to try to come to the next event. :)
  16. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    that's too bad Jack. :(

perhaps next time like you said. :)
  17. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    When do you plan to get the tickets, Jeff? Because Ken and I are 90% sure we can go, but won't be 100% sure until closer to the date (unless we buy a house tomorrow. Ha.)
  18. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I was planning on buying the tickets Monday June 2nd. Or, at least early that week.
  19. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Groovy! I'll know by then.

didn't buy a house today.
  20. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    /\ what a conincidence, I didn't buy a house today either...we should get together and have an unhouse-warming party :)
  21. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I also did not buy a house yesterday. I'm willing to wager that no one here did! :D
  22. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I already own a home, so buying a house was not on my priority list.

TOBAR!

23. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I hope the weather is decent on the 7th.
  24. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    I second that for good weather on the 7th.
  25. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The way things are going, don't count on nice weather. The weather man on channel 5 said that we have had only 2 completely sunny days this entire month! But unless someone has a weather machine we can borrow, we'll just have to live with whatever we're dealt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.