Wash, DC Busch Gardens - October 18th, 11am; Meet at the Main Gate!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    yeah if it rains, I can deal with it. I just hope it isn't really hot.
  2. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be working on cleaning-up a park all day as part of the City Year Day of Service. I really don't want to have to clean it in the rain. Maybe I will get to stay inside and help paint.
  3. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay folks, some serious business regarding the arrangements.

• When do we want to meet? We have a 2 to 2-1/2 hour drive from Potomac Mills and the park opens at 10am. Do we want to meet at 8am?

• How long are we planning on staying. I know for sure I can't stay until the park closes as there's no one at home to care for Romie. There's a pet care there, but the website doesn't give prices of what they charge. Anyway, if you plan on riding with someone, you may need to make arrnagements depending on when you plan on leaving

• Who needs rides, who's driving, and who plans on not driving?

4. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I always have to drive places, so I'd rather not. On the other hand, I am a control freak and will probably end up driving anyway. Besides I am one of those freaks that just has to stay until the park closes. Usually when I go to BG, I go overnight so I might just do that and come back Sunday AM. As always, I will hold off deciding until the last minute.
  5. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well aren't we just a pill of indecision... ;)
  6. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Speaking from experience, it sucks to have to drive home after being at the park all day - and by "drive" I mean drive or be a passenger. I can't make any decisions until next week anyway. Bah.
  7. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Exactly. Driving home 2.5 hours at the end of a day there is not my idea of fun, which is why I usually stay the night.

And yes, I am indecisive. You just now noticed?
  8. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Jeff, I have no problems coming back whenever. It appears that we will not be coming back as the same big convoy we take down there so I suppose that you and I can take off whenever.
  9. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, since my previous post received zero results, I am forced to re-post my questions.

• When do we want to meet? We have a 2 to 2-1/2 hour drive from Potomac Mills and the park opens at 10am. I suggest we meet for a 8:00am launch time from Potomac Mills.

• How long are we planning on staying. I know for sure I can't stay until the park closes as there's no one at home to care for Romie. There's a pet care there, but the website doesn't give prices of what they charge. Anyway, if you plan on riding with someone, you may need to make arrnagements depending on when you plan on leaving. Some are staying some are leaving, if you're not driving, you better coordinate with who to ride back with, or else you'll have your thumb stuck out along a highway somewhere.

• Who needs rides, who's driving, and who plans on not driving? I'm driving my truck and can take 1 adult and 1 child, plus any cargo you want to haul along.

We have a little more than a week to sort these items out. Better to do it now, than to scratch heads later. I also need a final head count, so that I can begin the ticket ordering process next week.
  10. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    So you are going to go ahead and drive rather than take your chances with my driving? :D Okay, since I live closest, I'll be ready to roll out at any time. I just wanted to know if we were going to leave as one big group or not. Obviously we will not be coming back as one group so I don't know if it even matters if we go down as one big group other than it will be easier to find each other after we get there.

Edit: tickets for David and I have been taken care of courtesy of the tax payers of the USA...thanks guys!
  11. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well if we're not going to drive down as one group, then I can take a different shorter route.

It would be easier to go as a group, rather than try to figure out a place to meet down there.
  12. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Meeting as one big group may not be necessary UNLESS you need to get/give a ride. I can fit one more person in my car but keep in mind that I may stay the night in Williamsburg.

We will also have to meet with Mutt to get the tickets, so meeting before the caravan might be a good idea to sort that out. Or we could meet at the front of the park after we get there. I highly doubt we'll all drive the same speed on the way though. :)
  13. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    You know Valerie, I'd like to see everyone drive the same speed as me for the whole trip [face_devil] We could make the news :D
  14. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well this brings me to my next question.

If we meet up at Potomac Mills and distribute tickets, then everyone goes their separate ways to get to BG, are we going to meet up again at BG for lunch/dinner/something? Or is this going to be a free-for-all/every-person-for-theirselves trip?
  15. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh. Which supports the plan that we should meet before the drive to distribute the tickets and what not. It would suck for whoever drives fast that they should have to wait around out front when they get be having fun in the park. Perhaps we can meet at PM and then arrange a meet time for later inside the park. I dunno, anyone got any brighter ideas?
  16. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Doh!!!

That was what I just posted about.
  17. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh. Well I assumed we would meet up there and troll around as a group for a little bit. Then naturally we'd have to split up into smaller groups because not everyone will want to do the same thing. But we can still meet up for meals, etc. We definitely need a meal together at Oktoberfest!
  18. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Good thing we're having a meeting tomorrow. I hope we buy a house this weekend so we can go.
  20. DerthNader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm just going to have to forgo this whole thing...no way for me to get down there.

Hey, at least you don't have to see a RL drag queen. 8-}
  21. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm not sure if I will be going on the 7th with you guys, so Mutt, don't buy me a ticket since I can't commit to it 100%.
  22. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    I will be going.I will meet at potomac mills at 8 am. If any one needs a ride I am available my van will hold five people. I want to mill around with you guys at the park I don't want to ride all the rides by myself. I like all the roller coasters.
    I will stay as late as anybody wants. I am willing to stay till closing.
  23. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, here is the list that I will be purchasing tickets for. Any additions need to be PM'd to me by Wednesday COB.

Cinnea
    JediShaLee
    Ken_the_CHOD
    MuttandSolo
    Stateless
    -Tenel-Ka-
    Total: 6

Dark_Jedi_Kam and Darth_Stalker are getting Military Passes so they do not require a ticket.

Liz, the tickets would be good for any day. Are you sure you don't want me to get you one anyway? And, how come the sudden dissention?

And I just made arrangements for a babysitter for Romeo, so I'll be able to stay as long as the group lasts. Though, I will not be staying over night.
  24. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well Mutt, since the tickets are good for any day, ok I guess get one for me after all. There are a few reasons why I might not be going. First, I have been having problems with my feet. A lot of walking won't help. Second, my hours at work have changed and my boss went to a lot of trouble to change them for me. She doesn't have anyone to work for her on Saturday so I told her I would help her out if she couldn't find anyone else. And third, I have had serious sinus problems lately, including headaches and rides would make them worse.
  25. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Roller coaster... sinus headache... that sounds icky.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.