main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Busch Gardens - October 18th, 11am; Meet at the Main Gate!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    maybe a rollercoaster ride could free your sinuses :)

I just wouldn't want to be sat infront of you

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    yeah... I would not enjoy the roller coasters, that's for sure. but hopefully I will feel better soon! I just don't want to get stuck with a ticket in case I don't go. but since they are good for any day, might as well get one. that way if I don't go, I can use it another time.

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    "...But most important of all, we've learned that MuttandSolo himself
    is personally overseeing the final stages
    of the purchase of the Busch Gardens Tickets. Many Bothans died, to bring us this information."

4. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Does that mean you are destined to suffer the same fate as the Emperor?

5. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Okay now we have to have a pool on whether or not Jeff will explode when I throw him down a pit... :)

6. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Are you throwing him down the pit for free or you charging for it?

7. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I can throw him down for free but we have to decide what the odds are of him exploding at the bottom. I'm saying 50:1 that he won't explode. Any takers? :D

8. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Hmmm, that depends. Where is this pit? And will my dynamite make it through the security at the park...?

9. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I don't know about the likely hood of getting it there or even getting him to wear it. That is why I'm offering 50:1 odds. Of course Jeff (having inside info) could make some big money off this.

10. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Must brush up on my force lightning tricks. No one's tossing me into a pit. Well, I take that back, if the pit is a hot tub filled with black berry brandy and Cindy Crawford, then by all means throw me in. Ohh Yah! Yah Yah Yah!!!!

Kudos if you can correctly name the reference I made.

11. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Filled with Cindy Crawford? That sounds kind of like she's been reduced to some sort of broth or puree and poured into the hot tub. Icky.

Jeff's my apprentice event coordinator on this one while I try to find somewhere to live.

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Thank you most excellent queen of coordination. I will not fail.

Update: The tickets are ordered, but I don't pick them up until Friday. Which is a bummer since this week is my Friday off. But I will in all loyalty drive on base Friday to pick up the tickets.

13. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    hello everyone.
    First I would like to thank Mutt for getting the tickets, exactly how much will I owe you so I can have it ready.
    secondly, I do not mind driving back after the park closes I have done this multiple times in the past.I happen to like driving.
    Third where exactly are we meeting at potamac mills? Its a big parking lot and I am only a little familiar with it.
    fourth,we can all get through the gate at the park and meet at the big ben clock where the "globe" theater is near the entrance if we want to meet up inside the park.
    Strange I hope you can come,though i know what it is like to have problems with a lot of walking. It can take the fun out of things.

14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Sha - We're meeting at the commuter parking lot near Target. Directions are as follows:

I-95 South to exit 158B (I think) Prince Williams Pkwy towards Manassas. Make a right at the first light as soon as you get off the exit ramp. You can see the lot from the exit; it's super easy. I think we should park somewhere near the entrance to the lot so it's easier to find everyone.

We still don't know all about who is driving with who, etc mainly because we still aren't sure about the total number of people going.

15. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Valerie, Are you talking about the commuter lot that most people refer to as "Horner Road"? If so, up by the bus stop shelter is probably the best place (most easily identifiable) to meet. It is a truly massive parking lot but thankfully there probably won't be many people there except us at 8:00 on a Saturday morning.

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks for the directions Val! As for who's driving, I think the majority of us are driving our own vehicles.

My only question is aimed at Ken, Eugenia, and Liz: Are you guys definitely going? If not, do you still want tickets?

Here's the final list:
    Cinnea
    JediShaLee
    Ken_the_CHOD
    MuttandSolo
    Stateless
    Strangebehaviour
    -Tenel-Ka-
    Total: 7

Dark_Jedi_Kam and Darth_Stalker are getting Military Passes so they do not require a ticket. Thats a total of 9 people going plus Taylor and David, if they are going.

17. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Have fun this Saturday. Now the weather man says it is going to rain and be cold on Saturday. Of course, that could change tomorrow. I hope it does not rain, it will be a pain if it rains Saturday.

18. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Right now, it isn't looking good for me and Ken to go. (See cafe post re: crappy week) But get us tickets in case we can! We'll pay you back as soon as we know how much they are, and just go later on in the summer or something.

The main problem is that if a house comes on the market tomorrow in the neighborhood we want, if we like it, we will probably have to spend Saturday doing the contract and getting the financing in order. Stupid DC real estate market. I wish I could give you guys a better answer - it goes against every fiber of my being not to be able to plan!

19. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Oh yes, that reminds me:

Tickets for Busch Gardens are going to be $30.50 each.

20. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well Eugenia, I hope you guys can get a house soon... But I also hope you can make it on Saturday! :D

Yeah Roger, Horner Road. That's the name of the road I couldn't remember...

And if it does rain Saturday, so be it. That just means less people for me to deal with at the park. As long as it isn't storming all day or something.

21. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Raining all day is bad for me because I will be outside cleaning-up a park. However, the President and Laura Bush are speaking at the Opening Ceremony. It should be cool to see him speak.

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, if it does rain steady all day, we'll just be "forced" to ride the beer barrel ride... from time to time :D

Plus the Italy section has wine tasting :D :D Italian wine, California wine, Virginia wine, thats a lot of wine to go through. We could be there all day [face_devil]

23. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok Ric, I hope it doesn't rain here then. I just hope in Williamsburg it's a little cloudy and drizzly.

24. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Thank you Val. Have fun on Saturday.

25. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Well, I thought I was going. My sinuses are much better. However, I now have a severe sore throat which could be tonsilitis. :( It is really painful and I don't want to risk spreading it to anyone else. So unless by some miracle I am all better by Saturday moning, count me out. :(

Don't get me a ticket, Jeff. because I don't want to be stuck with one that I might never use. :(

Sorry, I'm just really bummed right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.