main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Busch Gardens: WHEN? :D

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Jul 3, 2003.

?

Busch Gardens: WHEN? :D

Poll closed Jul 13, 2003.
  1. July 19, as planned (sort of)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Wait until Sept/Oct

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
  2. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, there are advantages and disadvantages to both...

July 19: It will be hot and probably humid, but it is sooner and it looks like we might have a good turnout.

Sept/Oct: It will be cooler and (presumably) less crowded, but it might be hard to pin down a date due to other things we are planning (i.e. picnic, etc).

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I like being the first one to vote becuase it looks like my vote is winning.

Yay for cooler weather!

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Why do I have a feeling we are going to have more votes than people in our FF?

Hmmmm.

5. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Hmmmm..... Ringers.

6. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I don't plan on going, but if you pay me enough then I will vote your way.

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Val - its pointless to create a poll on the GSFF as so many people have socks that could influence the result.

Its perhaps better to have everyone say 19th or Sept/Oct in the thread, then count up the votes manually.

I'm for neither, as I'm not going :)

8. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    You have a point, malkie. I guess I was hoping people might be a little more... mature than that. ;) It seems like we haven't had much luck coming to a consensus on this, and I've never made a poll so I wanted to do that! :D

So uh... Eugenia votes to wait till fall, I'm assuming Ken would vote the same way. I know Jeff would rather go now. So we need to hear from TK, Sha, Ken, Liz and anyone else that wants to go. (Anyone else out there that wants to go?? Anyone else out there at all?? :p)

9. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    My main desire for waiting until fall is that now that we have our financing fixed up(thanks to some diligent work by Ken and a far more competent mortgage person who isn't telling us things are done that aren't), we have to get back to the house hunting thing - so if it's in 2 weeks, we'll be in the same boat as the last time - we won't know until that very morning if we have to go see a property.

And Ken hates hot weather, so he'd vote for the fall. But I can make him come post, if you want me to.

10. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    My vote tied it up! :D
    I'm voting September. Many people already know that I'm going to King's Dominion on the 13th. I can't afford another amusement park trip so close to that one. But if the trip is in September, I might be able to swing it. :cool:

11. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, I'm a big fan of Ken and Eugenia joining us, so I'm willing to wait so that they can join us.

I, however,am not a fan of people who know they won't be going, but decide to vote anyway.

12. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Edit: Thank you Jeff for the PM. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. Really, the rain is gone. Now it is hot and sunny out there.

Good luck figuring out when to go. With two of us from the GS not going or voting when you should go, then I am not sure how you have so many votes for this. Maybe I am just figuring this wrong and you have the right amount of votes.

I will be going to Busch Gardens with my wife during our vacation for two days.

13. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Now I see why I've never used the poll option in here before...

But since it seems as though waiting till Sept/Oct is the more popular opinion, I guess we will wait till then to go.

*makes mental note to never use the poll option again* ;)

14. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Use the poll option, just do the opposite of what it says.

15. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, the poll says that the majority wants to wait for September/October, but whats the official word from our CR?

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well I don't really trust the poll, but based on the votes I'm counting in my head it looks as though we are waiting. :)

17. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Jack T Chance,

Are you going to KD on the 13th for Weird Al? :)

E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.