main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bush: President or Dictator?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Bravo, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Is President Bush really a President? Almost the whole sentate is Republician, which is not good for the environment. Bush has already showed us that with the lower water quality. With most of the House and Sentate in Republician hands, pretty much what Bush says goes. The only way that would be different is if every Demarcate (sp?) in the Sentate voted against something.

President Bush had declared that we can pretty much fire a nuke at anyone we want now. He says if someone fires a biological or chemical weapon at the U.S., we will fire back with a nuke. Is that smart? We have never test fired a nuke or even fired a nuke against another country, we don't know if they will work right. Yes, they will explode, but will they hit the right target? To my knoweldge (sp?), a nuke has never been fired at a long distance. What if it hits the wrong target? What if it misses its target? What if something goes wrong and it explodes in mid-flight?

Has President Bush really thought of a nuclear winter? I don't think one nuke will cause a global nuclear winter, but what if we start firing nukes at everyone we want to except for our allies and those others with nukes? What happens if the nuke hits a nuclear ready country and they fire back at us? President Bush and most other politicans and high government and military officals can go into some underground bunker and be safe from a nuclear war. What about us? What about the people who can't buy bomb shelters or who are left outside because some ploitican has more money then us to get into a bunker?

Is President Bush using too much power? I can understand that after 9/11 we went on a military campagin. But when is it too much and instead of a military campagin, it turns into a senseless war? Bush said he would bring our forces closer to home. He didn't. Instead we have more forces out from the U.S. Yes, after 9/11, that changed his military plan. But is President Bush going to use our military for his own gains? He already has in Plan Colombia and for oil. Who says he won't use our military men and woman for other personal gains?

We all know how politics can make something bad sound good. When it came to 9/11, we never amitted to the fact that oil was a major factor in why we were attacked. Also, Plan Colombia also protects oil pipe lines. We all know that Bush supports oil because his friends in Teaxs want oil. But, is using our military men and woman for oil a just cause for putting them at risk? Would they be put at risk or dying for the United States of America or for Bush and oil?

I am doing a project and I have found out some pretty bad stuff about Bush, the Republican Party, and our oil concerns. Did you know we could have replaced oil and gas cars in the 1980's? We could cut down on pollution from gas cars with energy cars in the 1980's! But no, our oil companies don't want to go out of business. Sooner or later, we will run out of oil and water. What will our oil companies and water companies do then? Is President Bush really concerned about the United States of America or is he concerned about him and his present state of living? He dosen't have to worry about what happens in 50 years, he'll be dead probably. But teenagers and younger people do. Do people who vote understand our environment problems, oil problems, water problems, political dealings, what could happen to the world, the future of the United States of America?

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Agg! You posted on politics!!! :p

Now I need to go take an antacid after replying.

Look at it this way, who would have done a better job? Gore or Bush? That pretty much was our choice there. Gore is a pansy and we would have terrorists all over us. Bush is pretty agressive, but there is no threat from the terrorists. Gore would have destroyed the economy. If there is a war the economy will skyrocket. Gore would have made the environment better, but what is more important, the environment or people?

The game is politics. No politician is a good politician. They think in terms of votes and how they will be remembered. Honestly I try not to think about it too hard once the president is in office, there isn't much I can do. It's the election where you can make the difference.

Honestly I wish McCain had made it throught the running. But I would have voted for Nader because I wanted him to get equal funding that is comparable to the other parties.

3. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Al Gore invented the internet, don't ya know.. :D

4. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    bravo you wouldnt happen to be democrat would you? :D

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm an independant :D

6. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    thats gotta be nice.......when ur an independant when the dems and reps are fighting you can just be like "y'all suck so shut up!"

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Exactally.

So shut up!!!! :p ;)

8. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    i dont think gore is as much of a pansy as bush... he also had valid points on conan last night... bush is just an idiot whos trying to finish what his father didnt, and took away the focus completely from terrorists back to iraq. i think gore would have made for a much better president, and being boring doesnt mean you're a pansy, but now we'll never know. stupid america had to vote bush for president... when will republicans learn that they're idiots?

im not a democrat, i just hate the republicans more than any other political party.

9. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    they all suck. they're all liars.

I have honesty issues. I HATE liars :mad:

Ive always thought:
    People who quest for individual power are not people who should be given positions of group leadership.
    It just doesnt make sense.

Y'know who I want to be president? Some guy who doesnt really want the job, but knows he should take it for the good of the rest of us, so he tries really hard not to screw us all over. Maybe then we'd have someone who was actually trying to help US & not themself.

but, oh well, it'll never happen.

BTW- does anyone remember how many votes Mr Bush won by?

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yes, I am a democrat. Although I don't really understand it all yet, I am for the enviorment (sp?), people, and not for big business controling our government.

I like Bush to the fact that he did something after 9/11. Its good to be agressive. But, Bush is for himself and as we have already stated, for how he will be remembered.

I liked Licon. And as my teacher said, although Licon was a Republican, in today's politics, he would be more of a Democrat.

No politician is a good politician

I agree! I think Lincon was the best president, both politically and by morals.

when will republicans learn that they're idiots?

That could be true with some Republicans, maybe all Republicans.

I have to go. I'll type up some more on this tomorrow if I can.

11. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    We only have ourselves to blame for anything this government does or doesn't do......because our freedoms truly make this Republic OURS to do with as we see fit......if yu'v got a real problem with Bush, or Gore, our policies, anything or anybody......take action....because here in the good old USA....yu can.

12. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    sorry, my checkbook isnt big enough to make a difference, and my votes sure dont help.
    I "throw them away" on people who will never get into office because they arent part of the all powerful (*big scary booming voice*) TWO PARTY SYSTEM

"hmmmmm. should I vote for crap or crappier?"

Heck, I wonder if my vote was even counted... :confused: ?

Bah Humbug!!!!!!!

13. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I kno a lot of good that's been done by grass-roots efforts, AHPR......money ain't all it's cracked up to be......see if money saves Lott from his words......or Bush if he missteps on IRAQ....the Demo's already had their collective heads handed to them at the last elections due to grass-roots efforts...the money was just a white-washin' to make the defeat look pretty....the people spoke, and they lost.....votes do count, bro.

14. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I think bush is a good president. and you gotta kick some ass to get respect when dealing with these loony's that are running third world countries. they are nothing more the gangsters. and they only thing a thug understands is an ass whoopin. some times you just gotta climb down from the ivory tower and punch the other guy in the face. its been far to long that america has been pointed and laughed at since the early 70's when we pulled out of veitnam , a war we had no right to be in.ever since then we go in and kick some tail and the bandage them up. piss on that when a dog tears up another dog and makes them bleed they dont turn around and lick the wound while the hurt dog gets strong enough for a second go around.
    Its like my mom said never fight to look good never fight for somebody else and fight to win at any cost. other wise you'll get yer ass kicked.

climb down off my politicaly incorect soap box.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    From what I have experiance from LIVING in the middle east I think Saddam should be strung up by his toes and flailed with a salt encrusted whip. Then he should be rolled around in lemon juice and branded on the 'delicate' parts. Then his eyes will be poked out and his ear drums ruptured, then electrocuted slowly.

But then, that's just from someone who has experianced what those people under him are going through. That's all.

What bothers me is how everyone says that we shouldn't go to war when they have no clue what the world outside of the united states is like.

That's just my opinion on the whole Iraq thing.

My opinion on environmental politics:
    The environment is a beautiful thing. Things should be done to save it and keep it whole, but it does not take priority over the well being of people. However by taking care of the environment many people gain better lives. I find that this is not due to policies passed by presidents however. It is mainly due to what the locals do to support the environment. The means to save it are here, people just don't use it.

Mass transit for example. A wonderful creation. Better than carpooling, it's much better than driving around in all kinds of cars polluting the skies of Denver. But you know what? How many people do you know utilize mass transit?

Few people recycle, few people go out along the side of the highway picking up garbage that accumulates from people tossing garbage out of their windows. Your houses hum with electricity while the plants that are producing them are staining with all the use of airconditioners putting out pollution.

I don't see Gore out there trying to prevent urban sprawl, or saving the prarie dogs from the bubonic plague. In fact talking about environmentalists, Bush owns a ranch. He lives out on the land. I would suppose he knows quite a bit about maintaining it...

My opinion on parties:

Dividing people into groups sucks. I really dislike the political system that is in place, honestly I think a republic may be a better idea. I mean not the psuedo republic stuff going on now... a TRUE republic.

I honestly think that everyone in the country is heading in the wrong direction with politics. They have prioritized things that do not need prioritizing, while other issues go unheeded by the media or the politicians, even the people involved in this issues often do not realize they are causing a problem.

A utopian socitey is impossible. I don't see why everyone is so insistent on obtaining one...

16. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    Well said . you go girl.

17. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm not getting into a political debate...I hate them. All I will say is that I, for one, am glad we have Bush as a president rather than Gore. Gore = pshh! the military takes up too much money as it is, they don't need anymore! Bush = our military guys deserve to get paid better, let's raise their budget!

Thanks to GWB, I'm getting a 4.1% pay raise this january (which kicks butt considering my new pay will be TAX FREE BABY!!)

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I agree with Jedi Girl of Corellia.

Look at what happened in Rome? Politics got just over corrupted, thus the military went with the generals. There were other reasons also why Rome fell. The only true branch of government that is not corrupt is the Judical Branch for each state. The Federal Srpeme Court is corrupted, how else to you get judges in there? Politics. The State Surpeme Courts and lower are the least corrupt levels of government.

Any ways, I agree with Bush on the military. I figure the military should of got that pay raise years ago. They are the ones defending our country, they should get paid a lot more money then they are. But yet again, you can never put a price tag on defending your country. The Civil Service and the Military Service defend and protect and make our country safe not for the money they get but because they love America so much they are willing to give their life for it. And hopefully, I'll become a Firefighter and I'll be able to help people and save lives.

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Actually, Bravo, it has long been known that even the courts can be bought and sold(see USA, 1920-1930's)...the only true legions of honour are individuals without the system to corrupt them.

20. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    Just about anyone can be bought off. It's the quest for more $$$ that makes people do what they do. The problem is that people are materialists. For some reason people can't make do w/ what they've got or can get; they always want more.If you ran into someone that had everything he/she would still want more. It's just human nature, I guess.

If anyone can name one thing they absolutely NEED(can't live without) I'll see if I can prove that you don't need it or I'll see what I can do to help you aquire this item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.