main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bush vs. Kerry

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Raven, Oct 15, 2004.

?

Bush vs. Kerry

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. I am an American, and I'd rather see Bush win.

31.0%
  2. I am an American, and I'd rather see Kerry win.

46.0%
  3. I am not an American, and I'd rather see Bush win.

2.5%
  4. I am not an American, and I'd rather see Kerry win.

16.5%
  5. I am an American, and I don't really care.

1.0%
  6. I am not an American, and I don't really care.

3.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Bush all the way. Kerry is a jackass.

That's the second most ignorant statement in here. Of course everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Anybody but Bush.

3. Jbrewster1012

Jbrewster1012 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    I say Kerry.

Although I don't agree with everything Kerry says, I tend to agree with him more than I agree with Bush.

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    So Kerry is winning among dorky teenagers. And Bush is winning at over 2 to 1 among the military. I wonder who the world should listen to?

The way I see it from the profiles of most of the people who posted in here, we're over 18. As a young adult, I resent that a lot more too.

5. Darth-Exodus

Darth-Exodus Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2002
    Non-American, and having watched all the live debates over the net with no bias and an open mind - I'd wholeheartedly vote for Kerry if given the choice.

And to those who say Bush is more reliable for home security... er ... no. By defying the UN, Bush has made USA lose a lot of long time allies. Your enemies will increase the longer he is in power.

Just think of all the money and lives wasted over Iraq, when it could have been better spent on your domestic services. Iraq should have been left to be dealt with by the UN. By undermining the UN, Bush is going to push it the same way as the League Of Nations.

And we all know what happened after that...

6. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    American for Kerry. Though if Bush wins, I might not be an American after that. France does sound nice.

7. Mediator

Mediator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2004
    I'd prefer to see Kerry win, unfortunately I'm only 14 so I can't vote yet. I want him to win because Bush hasn't done anything but mess things up. I'm mostly referring to the massive defacit he's created.

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    See teh sig.

Oh, USian.

9. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    neither demographic sounds like a good sampling of intelligent people

I'd be quite careful about inferring any lack of intelligence from members of our military, DLM.

I am a veteran with a Bachelor's Degree and am a professional. I would not have been able to do it without the GI Bill and my experience in the military.

---

BTW, I just knew you'd put 'Anybody but Bush' KW. :p

---

There is a reason why youth tend to favor more liberal postions hence favoring Kerry. It's inherently related to naïveté and being governed by emotions, mainly, coupled with the natural rebellion that comes within youth. The Democrats have the market cornered on governing by emotions via the politically correct culture they foster within their policy and ranks.

My democraphic, 30-49 tends to be a bit more conservative, with the elderly tending to be fiscally liberal and socially conservative.

10. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    kerry! kerry! help is on the way. please vote kerry come november.

11. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    DLM
    I don't know, but neither demographic sounds like a good sampling of intelligent people.

The military are the people who are over there fighting and dying. But they aren't complaining that Bush sent them. I think their opinion matters.

P915
    The way I see it from the profiles of most of the people who posted in here, we're over 18. As a young adult, I resent that a lot more too.

So a 22 year old must be smarter than a 17 year old. Right?

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Favoring the opinions of one demographic over the other(especially two as vastly different as military personelle, who have a certain occupation, and "dorky teenagers," which is an arbitrary label) is the wrong way to go about things and, in my opinion, dangerous.

By the way, I FAVOR TEH LIBERAL HOLLYWOOD TYPES THE MOST CUZ I LUV FITTING THE STEREOTYPE. 8-}

Also, there's a reason I'm reluctant to say I a favor John Kerry. I don't submit myself to idiotic partisan bias.

13. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Canadian favouring Kerry.

I cannot understand how the inept, corrupt, dangerous Bush administration still can win this election. How can so many Americans not see what the rest of the world does? What would be worse is that they see it, know it, but choose to ignore it. Four more years of President Cheney and his Texas hand-puppet is a sad thing to contemplate.

14. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Do you think your press in Canada is objective, Moff_D?

My Canadian friends with whom I work (and they are liberals) will tell you that the press there is heavily tilted left.

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Dear USA,

I'm a Non-American. Please don't put Bush back in office.

Love,
    The rest of the world

16. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I'm an American, and I'm going to send in my absentee ballot for Bush.

17. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    My Canadian friends with whom I work (and they are liberals) will tell you that the press there is heavily tilted left.
    Heavily tilted? I wouldn't say that. True, there has always been a liberal bias in most Canadian news, but there are papers like the Toronto Sun that back the right. Mind you, Canada has always been more liberal than our southern cousins anyway ;)

18. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Depends on your standard of reference. If you?re on the far right, and the papers are in the center, then they?re going to seem to be heavily tilted left. If you?re on the far left, and the papers are in the center, then they?re going to seem to be heavily tilted right. I?m pretty squarely in the center of the Canadian political spectrum, and I think that the Canadian press is generally in the middle of the Canadian political spectrum with me, with a few exceptions. I can remember reading a National Post editorial titled ?Why liberals are dumb.? On the flip side, the local newspapers here in Halifax tend to tilt slightly to the left.

However, it should be noted that our Conservatives are about as right wing as American Democrats. When you take that into account we?re definitely far to the left of what an American would consider the center.

19. JediLeeora

JediLeeora Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Kerry. but hey what would a 14 yr. old know...

20. Special_Fred

Special_Fred Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    There's no "Other" category...

21. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Bush, without a doubt.

I'd hate to see what would happen to this country should Kerry get elected.

22. Special_Fred

Jul 30, 2003
  23. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    And if Kerry gets elected he'll burn this country to hell with his lack of morals. There's no contest here.

24. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I am an American... and I'd Rather See Kerry Win.

Much Rather.

25. Special_Fred

Jul 30, 2003
    And if Kerry gets elected he'll burn this country to hell with his lack of morals.

Well, everyone has morals...his are just different from yours. I do agree, though, that John Kerry does not belong in the Oval Office (or the Senate, for that matter).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.