main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Bush's intentions now clear: Or why PoT doesn't want to be in this country anymore.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001

Patriotism? Oh that's rich. Patriotism and Nationalism are the most effective ploys by an authority to institute iron fisted rule over a populace and opinion since the advent of institutionalised religion.

Just because my opinion is different to the collective authorities, doesn't automatically mean I'm wrong. Furthermore, it is abhorrent to suggest - in our supposed "Democracy" no less - that disagreeing with the national executive consitutes my being a "traitor", or an "unloyal Australian" as some talkback pundits have suggested.

Shame Australia, SHAME! If such McCarthyist zeal can in this modern day blind you to the dangers and peril into which this immoral and corrupt Government has lead you by the horns, then you possibly wont appreciate the complexities of the deception wrought upon you all.

In a world where the social conscience is dictated by Andrew Bolt's editorials, and the Herald Scum is the most popular source of "news", then perhaps this nation truly IS ill-prepared to deal with the international world. No wonder Europe scorned us during the Tampa atrocity, and no wonder the US now empathises with us so much: we are two rotten eggs plucked from the same ill-bred basket.

Australia, show your Intelligence and rise above such mediocre propaganda as that rought by the fundamentalist Right and the Howard Government. This Government has a record for the manipulation of fact, of lying, and of endorsing police-state oppression of speech and opinion. Nationalism has successfully marginalised a great proportion of the community by way of extreme social hate directed towards them, that allows Right-Wing Clerics such as Bolt to label the entire Left as having "finally gone mad", right on the tale of his declaration that "the Stolen Generation never happened".

Pathetic Australia, will you wake up? The pictures in your papers and on your news aren't fact: they are a manufactured reality, shaped so you will view life in a way consistent with what THEY want you to think.

As JE and Mike Moore correctly assessed, the one thing that'll keep you buying papers, keep you voting for the current Government, and mire our Democracy into rabid despotism, is the Fear generated by the Media and the Howard Reich.

You are MEANT to fear every Arab as a potential terrorist. They WANT you to think Saddam is sitting in Iraq wondering which country he will anhiliate with his "abundant" WOMDs next. Wonder why they weren't worried, and nay, sold him weapons pre-gulf War and pre-S11? Because they endorsed his tactics of rape, torture and genocide, because they were so in sync to the American methods of rule that an instant empathy and kinship was developed.

Remember, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, and the reason Usama and Saddam are IN power is because those multitudes wronged, killed, raped and pillaged by the Imperialist Americans and British want revenge against the West, and these people promise both protection from the West and revenge against it.

If we stopped the US from causing such devasation to so many, the terrorists would dissappear as support for them would dry up.

People don't decide to blow themselves up because it would be fun to try out: it speaks of a desperate desire to save a family, a people, a culture, a civilisation from total and utter destruction.

And thank God they've realised what is happening, because this nation obviously hasn't. We willing fling ourselves on the destruction of the West and her ways, we willing pillage this planet and lead ourselves to the end of Mankind.

No wonder the Islamists invest such prayer in Allah and their faith, and put such support behind Saddam and Usama despite their personal immorality.

These evil men are the only one's willing to stand up to the evil of American Administrations since time incarnate.

THIS is why I am disgusted by the word patriot, and THIS is why I am fighting so hard to stop the War, and all Wars that will come after her. THIS is why I am vehemently opposed to our Refugee Policy, and will figh

2. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Inspirational as always Kane... you'll truly make your listeners feel utterly disgusted with themselves, and this government at the rally :p

Everything aside, I know how you feel. I've had my own family members die at the cold stab of war... and I've had family members die in the protection of their and my country. I've had my fellow country-men die at the hands of Americans... hell my Uncle's dog Fido died at the Sarajevo bombings. They (yes, the dog too) died for what they believed in and it's truly sad to see in what kind of crap-hole that country is in now, considering the hunderds of thousands that died trying to make it better for everyone else. It's the main reason why my family and I moved the Australia and it's sad to see it following along similar footsteps.

Woodrow Wilson, the American President during WW1, himself made the 14 points that he issued to Germany. It was an American President that wanted to make WW1 'the war to end all wars' and it's sad to see that initiative wasted time and time again... and we seem to be in the same place where we were so long ago.

3. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Oh...POT, you are dammed good for a laugh sometimes!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :D

*hands him a crowbar*

Hear...smash some windows or something ;)

4. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Giant
    Dwarf
    Giant attacks Dwarf
    Dwarf rides Giant

5. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Ah Marv, your trolling makes me feel sick to the pits of my stomach. :) Your idealogy makes me feel billious and contemplate the true utter lack of worth that permeates the very core of our species. :)

Keep your crowbar, your idealogy is the one that wants to break things. Mine is the one that wishes to preserve it without the need of violence. A distinct difference your obviously unable to appreciate, as you make the mistake repeatedly. We = no violence. Liberal Government and their neo-fascist idealogy = break things. Such as families, bones, dreams, and civilisations.

All in the name of liberty of course.

Pathetic, and Disgusting.

6. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I love you man :p [face_love]

7. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    We all love each other here

8. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    And also there is nothing wrong with my ideology by the way :p

9. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Get out of my thread Infidel.

10. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoooooo!!!!!!

Make me punk! ;)

11. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Mods shouldn't act like me.

Shame on you, PoT.
    ;)

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Yes a MOD should be understanding and caring for all that he MODS!

13. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Now now PoT, Marv should be allowed to say what he wants and where he wants, I believe the term "get out of my thread infidel" is the sort of terminology we should be putting aside and keeping within the realms of fiction (ie SW).

14. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    He is quite able to say whatever he wants, I simply want him out of my thread, for he is an Infidel Dog lackey of the Western Cowboys, and I fear he may be hear to defile the sacred lands of Huggard with his impure presence.

So hence, I repeat myself: Marv, you infidel, get out of my thread.

15. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Sigh. You just don't get it do ya ? :p

16. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Silence, defiler of small anmials, before I smite thee with random edits.

Get out. Of. MY thread. You Infidel.

17. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    You should ban yourself.

18. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I like pancakes :)

19. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    As do I.

20. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I like to put lots of Maple Syrup on mine. Thank you Canada :)

21. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Let's not derail the topic, guys.

22. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I went and saw Rod Quantock last night in Melbourne. If you want a truly great analysis of the war, his was it.

23. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    This topic was derailed many posts ago!

24. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    [image=http://idisk.mac.com/kfiralfia/Public/protest_warrior/images/posters/sign_08.jpg]

25. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    What a silly poster.

Obviously Right Wing propaganda. I demand it be smited from the record.

And demand to know why this...thing, is still posting in my thread after being asked to leave? Is this not the essence of trolling Mr. RSA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.