main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bust a Move - The Gentle Giant Mini-Bust Appreciate Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 14, 2011.

1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh my gosh, I want that. But, too expensive for me. I'll wait around and watch for a used one to pop up on eBay.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I posted the link over in the Ackbar Social Thread in Lit for AdmiralNick22.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'd have ordered him if he was 1/2 the price. For that I'll pass. I'm looking forward to my 3 busts that I've got on preorder this year - I've got Mace, X-Wing ESB Luke, and Admiral Thrawn. I'm not necessarily a Thrawn fan, but that bust is outstanding. I desperately want that Mara Jade bust that was a con exclusive a few years ago - eventually they WILL go together!

Apparently w/ the announcement of Mace Windu, Gentle Giant said that they're looking into revisiting the original busts that they produced that were armless and will be redoing them - wahooo! New Anakin & Padme busts could be on the horizon! I actually like the armless ones, but I'd love updated versions to go alongside them.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Finally got around to being able to upload pics of my new AOTC Mace Windu mini-bust. Check them out HERE!

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Holiday bust has been announced - available to PGM's for pre-order.

[​IMG]

What started as a token gift in 2004 has become a holiday tradition for us at Gentle Giant. We are pleased to have shared the past ten years of these fun to create seasonal selections and look forward to 10 more years with each and every one of you, our collectors and our friends. The piece that started it all, the Chrome and Gold Sandtrooper of 2004 has influenced us again in 2014. As we come full circle, we are proud to present the new Golden Stormtrooper in brilliant chrome finish. This rare and limited edition piece will be accompanied by an exclusive mouse droid with holiday wrap especially for our PG members only.

Pre-order here.

Darth Zannah likes this.
  8. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    Over the last several months, I've been buying these up like crazy. I have about 40 right now. Will take some updated pictures once I receive a few more. Gentle Giant does such a great job on the sculpts, especially the aliens and droids, which are what I predominantly collect. Of course I have to have at least one of all of the main characters though.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Here's my current list - I have Queen Amidala and Endor Luke on pre-order:

Qui-Gon Jinn - TPM
    Watto - TPM
    Sebulba/Anakin Skywalker
    Jar-Jar Binks/ Wald - PGM Holiday
    Darth Maul - EU - PGM

Padme Amidala - AOTC
    Anakin Skywalker - AOTC
    C-3PO Singapore Exhibit - AOTC
    Aayla Secura - AOTC
    Mace Windu - AOTC
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - AOTC
    Zam Wessle - AOTC

Padme Amidala - Clone Wars - PGM

Princess Leia - ANH
    X-Wing Pilot Luke - ANH
    Han Solo - ANH
    C-3PO Gold - ANH
    Jawas 2 Pack
    Sandtrooper
    Grand Moff Tarkin - ANH
    Greedo - ANH

Yoda - ESB
    Luke Skywalker - ESB Hoth
    Princess Leia - ESB Mynock
    Han Solo - ESB - PGM

Logray - ROTJ
    Wicket - ROTJ
    Emperor Palpatine - ROTJ
    Luke Skywalker - ROTJ
    Gamorrean Guard - ROTJ
    Salacious Crumb - ROTJ - PGM
    Princess Leia - Jabba's Prisoner - ROTJ
    Princess Leia - Boussh Disguise - ROTJ
    Land Calrissian - Skiff Guard Disguise - ROTJ

Anakin Skywalker - ROTS SDCC Exclusive
    Darth Vader - ROTS

Yoda - 3D Movies Celebration - Wondercon Exclusive
    Darth Vader - EU ESB - Holiday PGM

Non Traditional Busts -
    5 1/2" Pepsi Sound Caps Japan Promotion by Gentle Giant

Obi-Wan/ General Grievous
    C-3PO/ R2-D2
    Han Solo/ Chewbacca
    Queen Amidala/ Anakin Skywalker ROTS

10. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    Damn, that's quite a collection.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  11. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    PGM finally confirmed and got my pre-order in for the Queen Amidala. Hopefully it goes through and I get that one, though I wouldn't mind the Luke in Endor Gear either.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yay! I bet you get her. They did a wonderful job on this batch of exclusives. The Amidala is just stunning.

13. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    I'm just about done for now until the Amidala later this year and maybe the Porkins too, with one of my coupons. It's been a lot of fun collecting these.

[​IMG]

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That's a pretty awesome collection - did you say that you just started picking them up this year? I remember that I had a few years where I had to all but completely stop w/ my collecting due to financial issues and when I finally was flush again I totally binged to catch up on stuff that I'd missed out on. I bought a lot of busts.

I really like your Oola - she's been on my list to pick up.I also like the Tuskin Raider.

Others that I'd love to get are Lando Calrissian (his sculpt isn't great but I love his character,) Hoth Han, Mara Jade (I always get outbid on her,) and Kit Fisto. I like all of the various Cantina guys also.

15. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    Yeah, it hasn't been cheap! :D I used to have a Star Wars action figure collection that numbered close to 800, but sold a lot of them off in the last few years, so I've kind of traded in for these which I really like better - less clutter and better to display.

Yeah, I just got the Oola today actually. It's a really nice one. Great detail on the tentacles especially. I'm big on the aliens, bounty hunters, and clones obviously. I have a couple of Clone and Storm Troopers sitting on my subwoofers as well. I'll have to take a picture of those. I still have a Leia in Boussh Disguise coming and I'd like to get the Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise as well. I'm into the whole Jabba's Palace crowd.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I really like the Boussh Leia and Lando in skiff disguise. I have quite a few of the Jabba's Palace busts also. My fav is the Salacious Crumb - that thing is soooo delicate, I'm surprised considering I've moved 3 times since I got him that he hasn't broken.

17. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    Yeah, I could see that. The Oola seems delicate as well and easily breakable in her hands and tentacles, but worth the risk definitely! I'd like to get Watto. That looks like a great bust, but I've spent too much and need to slow down right now.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well the good news is that they're not going anywhere. Wait a few months and the prices won't change that much.

The worst bust is Greedo. I've broken 2 of his fingers from moves. Thankfully I don't have any plans to move in the future since I finally bought a house.

I'm looking forward to next year when they've got the Yavin Awards Ceremony Luke and Leia busts coming! I actually have a display shelf for that scene in the film so they'll go nicely there!

[​IMG]

19. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    Cool. Those should look great next to each other.

Yeah, Greedo could be a pain. There were a couple of broken ones on Ebay still selling for quite high prices. I got lucky with a mint condition one for a solid price.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm not sure why people would buy broken busts unless for a very discounted price. I once tried selling off my Tarkin but the glue on his box had unglued and I couldn't get any takers - I couldn't imagine trying to ask people to buy a broken bust.

21. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    Yeah, they discount them, but not too heavily and usually the broken pieces are easy to glue back on and not be too noticeable. I haven't bought any broken ones, but I was tempted on a couple of cheaper listings.

22. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    Does anyone know when this years PGM exclusives will ship? I haven't heard anything from GG yet.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I read on FB they said to someone who asked that they'll be released at Xmas time as usual.

24. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    Cool. Thanks.

25. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014