main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Busy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by BobaDEC, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaDEC

BobaDEC Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    It doesn't seem like you guys post alot around here. Are we all too busy? I post over at Rebelscum.com and I always talk to the same people there on a regular basis. It seems like this forum doesn't get that much attention. What's going on here? :confused:

2. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    I was wondering the same thing... I'm usually in the EUC/Lit forums here, and I always check in to see if anyone new posted.

I'm certainly not busy, but we're starting to get more work in school, which means less chat time and more study time.

I'm actually enjoying my Global class. We are studying the Persian empire, and all I think of is the Galactic Empire. I also relate the Hindu caste system to the Yuuzhan Vong caste system, and the satraps to the Moffs. At the moment I have a 101 in Global!

3. SillyBilly555

SillyBilly555 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2005
    maybe we can get a good thread goin on here, the other ones are kinda old, yeah and i havent posted in this section in forever!!!
    any new news on any star wars thing goin on or sumthin?

4. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    sorry about that, had a few comp problems.

We dont post much. Some forums get really busy and others just a bit.

If you guys ever want to meet then give me a holler.

Oh and I make trips to other Fanforces when they have events.

I have been in five parades and been a wrangler for four of them. I am going to be in another at the end of October in Syracuse.

5. BobaDEC

BobaDEC Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    What does a parade wrangler do? I'm busy myself, I usually check while I'm at work. [face_shame_on_you] I have to finish my Visual Basic lab for my grad class, I have a State exam on saturday, my midterm is on the 27th, and I have to register for the spring semester next thursday. Good thing I'm going to Manchester in two weeks for my two year anniversary, I need a vacation.

6. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    A parade wrangler isnt really seen in a parade. But his presence is known though. Basically, your job is do everything. Keep the group of marchers in line and make sure they dont separate. This entails running back and forth slowing people down and speeding them up. Also making sure they have essentials. This includes water and support for a problematic costume. Not to mention security. In the Syracuse St Paddies Day parade they need security keeping them safe from the drunks. Sometimes you have to drag the marchers back to the parade when they get too many people around them. Trust me Vader and yoda are quite popular and you need to help them out or otherwise they will get left behind.

You dont have to worry about a costume but the marchers need you to make sure they are helped. There well being is your priority. You wont see any pictures of me in the parade. But you will see the smiles of the marchers and thats means I am doing my job.

Oh Boba are you going to Manchester Vt. On the 20th I am going to Manchester, VT for a LandRover event.

7. BobaDEC

BobaDEC Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    That's funny. I'm going to Manchester from the 22nd to the 25th for our 2 year anniversary. We'll be staying at the Battenkill B&B. It looks like we'll hit peak season for leaves too, that's cool.

8. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    actually I got the date mixed up. Its tommorow for me. Whats funny is all the sales dept is going and is our clients.

Only my Sm and I are going from Service.

Funny thing is I will be the one to fix anyones problem on their landrovers.

The sales dept asked if we should follow behind in our flatbed or a regular landrover.

All I know is I prepared for any problems this weekend and I am prepared to load a truck up with stuff to fix any problems.

Change a tire, or battery problem or just plain getting stuck.

9. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    well I went and it was windy here and it rained buckets in Vermont. Kinda ruined the trip a bit but nothing bad happened. Well I did get a bit car sick. I didnt throw up but I was a bit woozy.

10. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Hey Beezel - I just noticed your new title! Very cool. :cool:

~Doc_Bev

11. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    thankyou very much Doc.

12. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004