main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit But what does it use as fuel?: Yuuzhan Vong technology - question and discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gamiel, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Their Bugs? Apparently also come as "thrower"/ "launcher" versions to increase range.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we have pics or description of these "throwers"/ "launchers"?

3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
  4. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    to get a picture of thud bug launchers you would need a sourcebook

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Does it count as "long range" if it is a throwing weapon?

Which sourcebook would I need? There are many sourcebooks after all

6. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    if you cick on the highlighted thud bug launcher link of the wiki post I showed you, you will see.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Aha, missed that. Will look at it now

Edit: Have looked at the article and it don't describe how it work, anybody got a idea?

8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Since they are self-propelled once in motion I should assume so.

New Jedi Order Sourcebook by WOTC

"Launched from a Tubelike creature...." So nep, though I would guess it is either some kind of rifle or an Addon for their Armour.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The wook' only mention that "If the nang hul missed its target, it would fly in a loop back to its warrior.", not that it used its wing to propel itself toward its target

10. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    NEGWT mentioned they accelerate once thrown/launched and can even track their targets.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can sombody update the wook'!

12. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    I'm just amused that the New Republic lost so much of the galaxy to a force that has so few ranged weapons. Hell, why force the confrontation into melee range anyway? Just blast them from afar, or artillery or from orbit. Any competent force would cream the Vong.

13. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    well they did get some ranged combatants. When the YV Droid was created, it was able to go head to head, or fire on them from afar. It is weird, but outside of starships, i have not seen much in the way of ranged weaponry since the droid armies were abolished.

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    It's a galactic war, it is fought with space ships ;) ground battles are little more then distracting skirmishes and delaying actions and the Vong have ranged weapons, as well as artillery and their own orbital support and bombardment weapons.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    YV Droid?
    Can you give some examples

16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  17. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

the Yuzhaan Vong droid. Whatever its called. Lando made them to look like Vong, and enrage them

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    In the Wook' page on Lambent it is writen "Lambent fields gave fruit when they were located on the surface of a planet or in a gravitational field created by dovin basals. For some reason, lambent plants did not give fruit when placed in an artificial gravity well, such as interdiction fields existing on starships or space stations." and I was wondering why don't the dovin basals' gravity field count as artificial?

19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Because they were created by a living creature, not by technology.

20. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    News to me actually, also it doesn't source it, so kind of hard to say were it comes from, though it would be really strange that they could not be grown on space ships if you treat them right.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And?

EDIT: the wook' don't say from were this information comes from, if anybody know can they inform me?

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    And I guess it doesn't count as artificial since the basals are alive. I dunno.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But it is still a non-natural gravity field

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A dovin basal is 1-3 m big creature that has the ability to generate powerful gravitational fields that the vong used propulsion devices and shields for their ships and I guess for the onboard gravity. What I am wondering is that are the dovin basal “free” creatures or are they grafted into the body of larger vong creatures? And if it is the former what do it eat as fule? Hypermatter with a glass of Malastares liquid fuel?

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Why do you keep asking what they eat? They eat food, all of their "bio-tech" does. Didn't they mention this at some point in the NJO?

They don't need to eat any special "fuel", they need the same fuel humans do, calories, vitamins, nutrients, etc.

Electric eels don't eat batteries, yet they can create powerful electric shocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.