main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buy the cow, guys. Cause the milk ain't free no more.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wormie2, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdubyuh

pdubyuh Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2000
    "Love is just a word...and a 1960's rock band" and bloody good they were the other day, well Arthur was when we saw them, in fact i have my glow-in-the-dark LOVE 2002 tour t-shirt on.

2. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Its not that, Mat. Its the fact that you think its ok if you had another relationship to keep up this "thing" with Andrea AND the fact that it's probably screwing up her relationship with her fiancé keeping this "thing" going with you.

We really do have your best interests at heart.

3. pdubyuh

Dec 14, 2000
    not me i couldn't give 2 figs

4. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
  5. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Atta boy Pdub :p

Actually there is one major thing Cass, that I keep on at Andrea about: the fact she's got her priorities wrong about marrying this guy. And no, that's not from my point of view, I'm being objective here. It isn't primarily for love, respect and happiness... but to have kids and security. Any guy can give her that now, but not all of them can do the former things. And what's makes me sad is that she acknowledges it to be true...

So I have one Q for ya Minxie... you think it is impossible for ex's to be friends afterwards?

6. pdubyuh

Dec 14, 2000
    ;) Mayhem

7. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    ''you think it is impossible for ex's to be friends afterwards? ''

Not if you're still in love.

8. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    And in my case, "you" is plural...

9. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    Well speaking from experience....you cannot stay friends with ex-lovers...

There's somethings friends really don't need to know...

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Do you mean that if one of you is still in love with the other you can't be friends afterwards TC? If so, I think you are right.

If either of you still have feelings, being friends as ex's just DOES NOT WORK!!!!! It gets ****** up real quick!

Mat, you've asked about this before, I remember it in another thread, and we all said the same back then. You need to pull away from it for a while. Distance yourself. You're not doing either of you any favours hanging on like this. In the end, you'll just end up bitter and twisted.

11. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    I'll agree that if the love is only from one party, then being friends is impossible. Can't deny that aspect...

Trust me... we do speak a lot than we used to. But we still chat about stuff and life. And she knows that I can walk away with no regrets at any point. Talking to her raises my smile, but it isn't a reason for living.

I'll be okay... I'm just happy some people on here worry about me ;)

12. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    Talking to her raises my smile, but it isn't a reason for living.

this is our point, this indicates you still got feelings for her

13. garrettendi

garrettendi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    none of you lot get the point.

weddings are symbols of the strength of love that the two lovers have for each other.

diamonds last forever, and so does love, and a wedding is beautiful, and a deeply romantic experience. it isnt just a candlelit dinner and a new bedroom act.

it is two peole standing together at an ornate altar, with the crystal and colourful light of the stained glass windows framing the pure wedding dress, and lighting the face of your partner, and promising to each other before a roomfull of people that the love you have for each other is as beautiful as the sunlight that drifts through the bedroom window on their face every morning; as melodic as the songs of the most beautiful of birds that sing; as eternal as the passing of time itself.

it is a symbol, and in my opinion the most romantic of all symbols there is.

14. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    In answer to Mayhem's question:

No, you can't stay friends with an ex. What is the point? You are not with them and you have to move on.

Its like...you can't go back to just being a snogging partner after you've had s?x... There's no going back.

15. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    i tried to be friends with sarah but she was boasting about her new boyfriends and was constantly trying to make me feel bad about the relationship we had.

i could have stayed friends and ignored the boyfriend boasting but she was going on about her new boyfriend just a day after we broke up.

now that is as bitchy as someone can ever get

16. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    @J... talking to you online makes me happy. I'll let you draw your own conclusions ;)

@Cass... I guess we'll just have to disagree there. Mainly cos I'm still friends with more than just Andrea, ex-wise...

17. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Of course you can stay friends with an ex. My very best friend in the world is one of my ex-girlfriends. The fact she told me she was in love with me a few months ago was awkward, but it's just something we don't talk about.

I'm sure it's Chet that is also bestest pals with one of his exes

18. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    ..but isn't he still dobbing her?

19. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    everyone should stay friends with their exes i reckon. i sometimes miss being friends with sarah.

im only ignoring sarah because she was being very insensitive.

20. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    they tend to be mine keeps going on about his new woman in the US and how he wants to visit her, I kinda turned around and said if you want to be friends dont talk about her with me so he dont now

21. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Isn't that the bra model Arun?

22. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    Exactly LV... Andrea hardly talks about her fiance for the same reasons...

23. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    well its only because I would kill him if he did coz I am still peeved by the fact he willing to go to teh US for her yet wouldnt travel to London for me

24. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    i suppose i could tell sarah that that is why i am ignoring her, but she doesnt deserve an easy solution. i'll let her work it out for herself, and if she does realise, then maybe i'll consider being her friends. but seeing how she she treated me when i was her boyfriend, i might not be her freind anyway.

25. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    I'm sure it's Chet that is also bestest pals with one of his exes

Yup I am. Dipa.

..but isn't he still dobbing her?

nope. We are the best of friends but neither of us want to go out with each other. We have real close bonds but not in that way. She's in Oz right now for a couple more months. Gonna go out to see her in a bit.

Isn't that the bra model Arun?

That's Kelly. Ex bra model. And we too are very good friends. but this time it is complicated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.