main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Buying Merchandise Online

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by tmingyang, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Just a little add-ons. POTF2 actually encompasses the Orange Card, Green Card non-Holo image, Green Card Hologram image, Green Card Freeze Frame and finally, Green Card Flashback.

The cheapest of the lot :

1. Green Card (Holo or non Holo) - Slave Leia - I bot mine at S$2

The Most Expensive :

1. Freeze Frame Weequay - heard its value at a stagering US$400 :eek:

For your reference :)

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    And then, there's all those "short lightsabre, long lightsabre tray" kinda things so there goes the price . . .

3. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Thank for the info, cause I'm now collecting POTF2 and POTJ major characters.

4. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Anyone bought from Falcon Hangar before? Are their prices reasonable or are they juz like scalpers? Coz I'm hoping to place a reservation for them and hope that someone here might give me useful feedback about them. Thank you.

5. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Don't worry, they're nice ppl and don't charge higher than normal prices. Sometimes they might even give good, low prices. I'll vouch for them since I've known them since '98 :)

6. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
  7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I'll say to window shop between The Falcon Hanger, Ultimate Toys & Collectibles and Action City first to see if any of the shop have the POTF2 & POTJ action figures you want first. Ultimate Toys & Collectibles especially have those POTF2 figures (mostly foreign cards) and prices are "okay".

TFH charged good prices, maybe a cent extra here and there but you can trust them most of the time. ;)

8. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    But the thing is I gotta made a pre order on this Dooku Bust. I email Roy and he told me he don't know the exact price. And added that it's around USA retail prices.

9. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    The guys at TFH are pretty fine people and like Jazz, I will vouch for them too. You may want to find out the price US are selling and you can quote a price to ROY that you are comfortable with. If they find your price viable, they will agree to bring that in for you. But they will not taunt you if your quote is too little... but on your side, try to quote reasonably.

I have a friend who once order a Marmit Boba Fett from TFH and he quoted $160 (which at that time, 1 piece at other shops at least cost $189, some even price tagged it at $250. Those fine people at TFH bring that in and gladly sold it to my friend at his quoted price. Now that's what I call good service.

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Dark Horse Comics Website quote Dooku bust as US$45 w/o shippings while its agent selling it at US$40.50 w/o shipping. ;)

Star Wars Minibust: Count DooKu

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    You mean TFH's agent? Yeah the usual price for busts are US$45 these days. I've noticed the S$ appreciating against the US$ these days, so hopefully the imported price will be lower.

However, I don't find the Star Wars busts that nice. They may be more detailed than other comic character busts I've seen but it just doesn't carry the same feeling for me. :)

12. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Is the price here around $90 or is it inclusive of shipping fees?

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Technically, US$45 = SGD79 (US$1=SGD1.75151) but if it's going for SGD90-110, that should included special shipping and handling to a certain extend IMHO.

But just take my words with a pinch of salt okay cause I'm no shipping or mass ordering or warehouse price buyer, expert. ;)

14. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Thank you DE for the info. Have u got ur Darth maul? My father's friend's shop hasn't got his yet. I'm also waiting.

15. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Does anyone know how small/big is such mini bust relative to a 12 inch figurine?

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    mini-busts are usually 6" or 7. So probably half the height of a 12"

Don't cross your fingers and hope that the shops will use the most up-to-date exchange rate. Usually it takes awhile before they would make any alterations. S$90 is a good bet, though I find it quite expensive. You guys are really gonna spend that much on the bust?

17. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I dunno, Jazz...
    I've been pretty disciplined so far.
    I said that I didn't want to start collecting any action figures, or any of the toys (including the busts), and so far, I've been resisting ALL THE TEMPTATIONS to buy anything for myself at all!

However, my resistance is waning now, because I'd really love to get a chance to enter that Hasbro Contest to try to win a trip to Sydney to see the Magic of Myth exhibition there! So now I'm looking to get the Anakin Hangar Duel figure and the Luke Skywalker Landspeeder set, or anything else that remotely interests me for that matter, just so that I can attach the receipt to the entry form and send it in.

Sad, isn't it?? :(

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL JediJean! The dark side of your wallet you're giving in! :D

Me also getting way to tempted too. :p Thought gonna get way less SAGA figures this time round but I have to extend my collection to Anakin too as he is still Vader. Then, there is the Fett family (always have a soft spot for them, especially Boba since I read Tales Of Bounty Hunter and gotten my current pencil box eons ago :p ). And I also want to win that Australia ticket! :eek:

And no, I haven't gotten Maul yet. Haven't got the time to go to Taka & TRU to check it out for myself but anyway, the money is not in yet. :(

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I totally forgot about that contest. 8-}. I think I have some receipts but now where did I put the entry form.. :D.

Actually I would spend $90 on a minibust, but only if it's a good one. I'll have to say I don't like the pictures, but have to also see it in real-life to give a fairer observation.. :)

20. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    It's still unknown as in how many stores are bringing in. TFH is bringing in, virus collectibles is not. And the thing is such mini bust are produced at only 2500 worldwide. So chances are little will we see them unless we pre ordered. Certain risks are present. Eg. Expectation not reached.

21. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I ordered the Dooku bust from COmics Mart yesterday. Singapore dollars is $45 * 1.8 *1.03(GST)

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So that means you paid SGD83.43? That's quite reasonable IMHO.

Wish I can also order the Zam Wesell Bust but money very, very tight these few months and I don't have anywhere to place it. :_|

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    U guys have alot of money to spend. I would need to save up for weeks before I can spend that kind of money.. :(

24. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I got the spare money juz for this month coz my bday den got ang pows. My usual pokect money per week is $40. Minus my 2 meals in school etc, I'm left with $10-$15 a week. Not that much either.

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    $40 per week is alot, man! :eek: I used to get $20 per week since Sec 4 and another $50 each month for the bus stamp but ever since school reopen, I haven't been getting any allowance (I go to school a few days for a few hours a week anyway). :( It's getting a real pain now that I'm using farecards.

Deducted it from somewhere else though to keep my wallet.

Anyway, I also have to save up my money for weeks to get those SW and costuming stuffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.