main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Buying Merchandise Online

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by tmingyang, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I think whatever it is, we have to be grateful that we actually have the ability to buy such things. There are lot of people around the world, and many in Singapore itself who are not able to indulge on such leisures.

And, we also should not take things for granted :)

2. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Well, I believe when you have to save up the money to buy something that you really like, it makes that something all the more precious to you.
    While I collect those 12" figures (average at $70 a piece), I have friends who buys about 7 - 8 figs a month and they bought a single fashion in multiples. So much so that I'm not really sure if they really take a good close look at each and every fig they have... the fun is just buy buy buy and I don't envy them at all but felt a little disgusted.
    You folks are the people I really feel you genuinely like something and save for it... and I respect that :)

3. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Ya that's what make collecting fun. But at the same time, since I'm not working but studying, I know my limits when it comes to spending.

U mean u friends buy 7-8 12 inch figures per mth?

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    There are alot of hard core collectors out there, who spend their money only on increasing their collection. It's shocking, but it's true. It's just that we're not so aware of it. :)

5. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Hmm..if they like collecting this way,let them be. Sometimes it's not wrong to be a pefectionist. If u got the spare money, it's up to u to decide. Life's juz unfair, this person will juz have more than this person. That's juz life. So I juz do what I like and enjoy and ignore what others think (unless they are right).

6. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    BobaFett : Hey I juz received a letter from CMPB.
    I kana Pes C 1 L3. L3: Fit for duties at bases. Do what one?

7. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Do anyone know what's Applause webbie url?
    Anyone owns any Applause 10 inch vinyl figurines?

8. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I got Vader for $10 the last time I went to Tanglin Mall night bazaar. Haven't been there since last Dec unfortunately. :(

9. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    U mean applause vinyl figures?

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ya. Mine was probably from 1996-7s cause it was written there "Limited Edition" and the plastic box isn't that clear anymore. But it was a real bargain when these kind of older figures can run up to >$30 in normal shops for the "rare"/popular ones. Wish I can get the Maul ones too but think it didn't arrive here in the first place.

11. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I would love to get those vinyl figurines. Are shops selling them loose or still in boxes? Or is there shops selling it in the first place?

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm not sure wherther some shops still carry them but there is someone at eBay from Singapore selling them in US$. Prices seems okay so far.

Just do a search at eBay Singapore for Star Wars (Items located in SG) for them. ;)

13. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Ya I know. I made a deal with him but he wouldn't compromise. Hmm...
    Anyone here buy from EBAY before? Or even now.

14. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    I think I've seen some selling at Clark Quay - The shop opposite Resell.com.
    Should have boba fett, Wedge Antilles and a couple others... or did I see wrongly? Worth checking that place out nevertheless.

15. zeroX

zeroX Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    hi pple, i'm new here, have been viewing you pple talking for sometime liao but cant seem to be able to register myself, but finally succeed in doing so. To answer your question, yes i'm an ebay user.

16. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    cool...I juz want the han storm trooper vinyl. He's simply my fav character. Though I don't think the vinyl figures by Applause it of high quality, I still wanna get him.

17. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    zeroX : To be more precise, are u a buyer or seller? Do u trade with the locals or internationally? If u are a seller, can give me the link to your ebay page?

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hello zeroX! Welcome to the Community. Hope you'll enjoy your visits here and contribute too whenever you can. ;)

Anyone here buy from EBAY before?

I gotten stuffs from eBay before and gonna do a Buy-It-Now soon for the Covertechs. All but 2 are from US and the only heachache I got was concerning my IRG Helmet. All payments were made by CASH send by Registered Airmail so the seller can't say they didn't receive it. [face_devil]

Am trying to figure out too how I can put some funds into my PayPal Account now as my Electronic Visa doesn't seems to work like a Credit/Debit Card function it promises. :eek:

19. zeroX

zeroX Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    i'm basically a buyer. 2 reasons why i'm not a seller, 1)Still thinking whether i should get a debit card, 2) Not much to sell, no point selling star wars stuff as competition is high n even if i sell at cost, even after paying ebay their fees, i will make a lose. So all the time i only buy. I deal with both local n international sellers b4. The problem with US dealers is tat they like to use USPS or UPS for shipping and it tend to be expensive. Most of the time i prefer to register my package for the fear of losing it n i have to pay extra for it. Some of them even charge "handling fee" for packaging the stuff etc. Personally speaking, i try to use ebay as little as possible unless i am buying a lot of stuff from a same person to save on shipping or unless its some thing i really like n i cant find it.

20. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    So u pay by cash or money order? Is it safe? Btw, care to give a more thorough introduction? Eg. age

21. zeroX

zeroX Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    i normally use cash vial registered mail to ensure my money reaches there. But if my orders exceed $50 SinG dollars, i use cashiers check which can be bought at post office at $8 Sing dollars. If its local, meeting up will be the best choice n at the same time, i can get to meet another collector n thus establish contacts. I'm 17+/m, been collecting since 4 years ago, my collection mainly focus on the POTF orange cards n the first few waves of EPI 1, of course i do get a few miscellanous stuff lah

22. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Great, u are around the same age as me. For me basically, a relatively new collector. So my current collection adds up to about 50 figurines, 9 TPB, one lego yoda n vader. Not a big one though. But I'm contented. The sight of them will simply lighten my day up. :)
    Anyway u still schooling?

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    they like to use USPS or UPS for shipping and it tend to be expensive. Most of the time i prefer to register my package for the fear of losing it n i have to pay extra for it. Some of them even charge "handling fee" for packaging the stuff etc.

What I don't like about some seller is that they insist on packing some of the stuffs with too much newspaper, in boxes etc or register it. :( I ask around between different sellers offering the same stuffs and some of them can charge 3x more in shipping than the other. Got this seller whose Costume Commercial Pattern I'm interested in and she wanna charged me US$15 for the shipping alone. Come! She could had put the pattern packet into a plastic bag and put them into a bubble wrap envalope and send as normal letter, right?

And some times it kinda hurts when the item was only US$9.90 and I had to pay US$19.90 for shipping alone but then no other choice cause the item will not come to Singapore anyway or will so 2 years later. :eek:

24. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I know nothing about these technical terms. Can anyone explain to me what is money order, cashier checks and the different types of shipping methods and the safety precautions. Thankx :)

25. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    I have not deal in Ebay before... bidding too hectic lah. But I do trading / buying / selling over at sone forum that have such a link.
    So far, my trading with US people had been pleasant. Shipping here to US are relatively cheap as compares from US to here. So, try to trade stuff with fellow collectors rather than buy and we will usually get on the upper hand on shipment cost.

The duration when they use USPS airmail will most likely be 4-5 working days to reach here and vice-versa from here to the US. But it'll take 2 weeks from Canada to Singapore. usually 3 working days from Australia to Singapore.

I also sent cash over and whenever I send cash, I'll definitely use regitered mail for added security. It'll be an additional $2 for registering your mail.
    Its just me that I will never pay $8 for a bank's money order - that's just too expensive.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.