main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga By a Route Obscure and Lonely - Suitless Vader, OC .... Missing Moment posted 4/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entilzah

Entilzah Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2005
    I defintely had my doubts about this story when it started, but it has become one of my favorites on the boards. An excellent study in the truly Passionate Anakin that we all believe exists. Rhee also is a wonderful Original Character, completely believable.

Though I am sorry to see the story end, it has come to its natural and appropriate conclusion. Excellent job... a truly excellent job.

2. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    What a beautiful and appropriate ending. I liked how Anakin commemorated Ree's friend in such a way. It truly shows how far he has come since the beginning. Thought the family moment in the garden was especially touching. Lots of great mush to start the day!

Hate to see this end, but have thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. It was truly wonderful!

3. ColdWarrior

ColdWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    Beautiful ending to a wonderful tale. I'm so sorry to see it end, because I really loved the characterization. Marvelous work!

Oh--and I'd still like to see the uncut versions of the chapters!

4. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    He went to see her in the Imperial Gardens, and he hid in the shadows of a great tree. Sometimes, he just liked to watch her, absorb her light and goodness.

Love this image. Especially since it is the same spot Padmé and the twins appeared to Ree.

Princess Zeloré, four years old and as mischievous as her father had ever hoped to be, was standing with her tiny hands on her hips, her lower lip sticking out stubbornly. Her infamous temper would soon be set loose on her beloved brother. Her dark eyes flashed and her blond curls trembled as she stood up to her brother.

Yeah well, wait until she turns sixteen. HA! [face_laugh]

It was almost eight years since Lord Vader had assumed the throne, and the devastation wrought by Palpatine?s rule was slowly being healed. The young Emperor ruled with a stern hand, but his sense of fairness had caused him to become known as Vader the Just. He had laughed uncontrollably when he first heard the moniker used among the people. Anakin had said that both Obi-Wan and Palpatine would have found the label incredibly amusing, though for vastly different reasons.

Oh Gosh. I can just see Obi-wan rolling in his grave while Palpy twitches in Sith hell. Although I like the idea of Vader ruling the Empire with an iron fist in a leather glove. [face_blush] [face_blush]

?Have you been giving your mother trouble, my little princess??

The little girl frowned and shook her head. ?No,? she said, and then she sighed, driven to honesty by her own nature. ?I didn?t mean to,? she amended. ?It just happened.?

That sounds like something her father would say.

?I know what you mean,? he confided. ?That happens to me all the time.?

[face_laugh]

I'm so happy Anakin was able to do something wonderful and sweet for Ree in honor of her friend. A lovely end to a great story. I may have not replied to every chapter, but I enjoyed every word. You did a great job with Anakin/Vader here and with Ree. I actually felt like Ree was her own unique person. Thanks so much for posting this.

bran

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    :_|:_|:_| That was just...so beautiful....:_|:_| Thank you for such a great story, Mama Vader. I always got excited when I got a PM from you saying it was updated, and now it's over!:_|:_|

=D=@};-=D=@};-=D=@};-

6. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    :_| Tuesdays will never be the same again!!!! A beautiful ending to a wonderful story! I was hoping that Padme would somehow make an appearance to show Anakin how happy she was about how his life turned out.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!!!!@};-

(Could there have possibly been a hint to a sequel in the last post?[face_praying] )

7. Elana

Elana Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Wonderful ending, master. I loved every post, and I always looked forward to Wednesday morning. Ree is such a vivid character, and the relationship between her an Anakin develops so beautifully.

Good luck at the awards on Saturday! I hope this story wins several - it deserves them!

8. LovedAnakin

LovedAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Magnificent! =D=

9. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    This was truly wonderful!!! I loved this story and am sad to see it come to an end. Thanks for writing it!

Just wondering if you could send me the other version of this story:D

Thanks!

10. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    Great way to end the story!

11. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    Zeloré put her hands around her father?s face and kissed him. ?I love you, Daddy,? she declared with an impish smile and a fluttering of lashes.

?You little flirt,? Anakin said fondly as he tweaked her nose. ?Have you been giving your mother trouble, my little princess??

That was so cute! There will be sequel, no? [face_batting] :D [face_batting]

Seriously, that was an awesome fic, Vader.

-Commander Tharen-

12. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Just Beautiful! I hope you are planning on turning this story over to the fan fiction archives so we can retrieve it in the future.

I saw a plot bunny in this last post. You left it open for Anakin to call a Jedi from exile to let them train the children. You also gave enough characterization of the children that us readers would like to see what the future holds for them, especially the spunky little 4 yr old. Sequel Please?

13. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I am so sad to see this story end. It is one of my all time favorites. You did such an awesome job with the characters.

Bravo Mama Vader!!!!

A sequel maybe[face_praying] [face_praying]

14. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    I simply loved this, and I'm sad to see it end, although I agree that it was its time (that's certainly not to say that I wouldn't like to see a sequel!). I think it's great to explore alternate possibilities of who Anakin's children could have been. I am curious though about whether or not he will eventually reach out to the surviving Jedi, and I'd love to know what his reaction would be to learning about Ree's visit with Padme and the twins.

At any rate, very well done!

15. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    Awww, What a fit ending. I really enjoyed this story and im sad to see it done. But all good things must come to an end so Great job. Your a great writer.

16. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Beautiful ending! I'm so sorry to see this end.

Perhaps a sequel is in the works? ;)

17. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Just read this today. Such a wonderful story. I really liked it. :) :) I'm just sorry I didn't get in here sooner. [face_frustrated]

If you can send me the pm chapters, i'd appreciate it. If its too much work, don't worry about it. [-o|

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    OH, I love a happy ending!!

It was so heartwarming to see Anakin happy with Ree and their children.

A perfect ending to a wonderful story.

Bravo!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

19. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Congratulations on the award for best romance and original character female for Simri ! Its Well deserved![face_dancing]

20. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    Very sweet. So sweet in fact that I think I'm getting a toothache from it. Lol! Just kidding. Great chapter![face_peace]

21. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, just beautiful! =D=

Love the way you showed the birth, and Anakin's mix of coldness and caring. And he finally realized that he does actually love Ree! [face_love]

I love the image of their family, the bickering and teasing. :p Just wondering, do the children's names have any special meaning? Anakin is so thoughtful still, setting up that system for the former slaves. Hmm, maybe one day, he'll call on the Jedi for something. It would be interesting to see their reaction to him.

Wonderful ending! Please pm me if you write a sequel, or for the other version! :)

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Golden_Jedi I'm glad he's happy, too! :D

VA_Parky I felt like Ree was someone I knew as well. ;)

AngelQueen The kids ARE Skywalkers after all! :p

Phoebe_Skywalker I'm quite sure that Ree and Padme would keep Anakin in line, even in the afterlife! [face_laugh]

wonderboy02 Sequel? I dunno. Just the thought is exhausting! :D

Kynstar Just leaving the door open. [face_whistling]

Entilzah There's only one thing missing - when Ree tells Anakin about seeing Padme. :)

JediMasterRev Well it ended up going in a totally different direction than I expected, that's for sure. [face_laugh]

ColdWarrior Thank you! And yes, I need to get working on that. [face_blush]

_ThatJediScum_ Zelore is definitely her daddy's girl!

Jaira
    Well, there is a missing moment that will be posted soon.

HandmaidenVeme I don't know. I'd have to have a perfect plot bunny bite and bite hard. :D

Elana Thank you! [face_blush]

LovedAnakin Glad you liked it.

dtdang2 I'm still not happy with it, hope to get it polished soon.

merijune Thank you! :)

MoeTharen Not sure. [face_thinking]

obsessedwithSW The Archives always makes me nervous. Actually, Zelore is just so cute I'd love to write more with her, but I still don't know. And thanks!

Amidala66 Thanks, and the characters sort of wrote themselves. Weird, huh? :p

-Erela- Actually, like Anakin, I wasn't sure what he would do with the Jedi. Maybe he'll make up his mind one day. ;)

sithhappens6 Thank you! :D

jedi_princess18 Have to think about that one. [face_batting]

starwarsfan1000 Thank you! And I'll be getting those together soon. [face_blush]

KELIA Thank you! [:D]

Mr_Dagobah Thank you! :D

Jedi_TigrisI just liked the sound of the names, though the youngest is drawn from Merlin. I was reading King Arthur at the time. :p

I'll be posting a missing moment from this story soon. It will be the scene when Ree tells Anakin of being visited by Padme. I'll just post it here on this thread! And thank you to everyone who read this story and encouraged me to keep going! [:D]

23. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Popped in here to read your author's note and gave a little happy scream when I saw what you're planning! [face_dancing]

Can't wait!!!!!

24. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I read this, but I didn't realize I didn't leave a review. [face_blush] *Bad Gina!* :p

Such a beautiful and appropriate ending. Even in just an epilogue, you managed to create such interesting characters in their children.

In memory and honor of those who have labored for benefit not of their own, whose lives have been lost and happiness ripped away by cruelty and callousness?

The Ylez Harrko Foundation

A society for the emancipation and aid of those who toil without recompense or comfort.

?I named it for your friend?? Anakin said. ?And your village ? all the freed slaves will remember Ylez?s name, and they will honor it. Every Imperial world will have a place for the freed slaves to go to get help.?

Just perfect! :)

Thanks for creating such an amazing story and sharing it with us, K! [:D]

25. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    The missing moment!!!!!!!! Thank you so much in advance, I can't wait for the post=D= .

*sending big hug to you by way of the Force[:D] *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.