main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive By Mandalore's Orders: a Mandalorian Commando RPG* think RC Commando with a Twist*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthReven, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Well I'm always here, lurking.... But I am also unsure of DR's whereabouts, he hasnt PMed or posted here for quite a while now, and in my opinion its probably a good bet that DRL has caught him with his pants down (if you will excuse the term :p)

Anyway, while I know he wouldnt want this to die in his absense I also know he had something planned to happen in the storyline not far from where we are in the plot right now, so I am unsure of our next move... Perhaps putting current mission on the backburner and making another small one for us to pass the time with?

2. revan796

revan796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    i have an idea if everyone accepts me into the rpg. my idea is that we all were on our way to the rendevous point and the heavy fire from mandalorian cruisers causes a door to go haywire and lockitselfshut and that makes up have to work our way around the ship to get to the redevous point. its just an idea to keeps up from reaching the rendevous point before DR gets back that way evrything will go almost as he planed and he can continue the story the way he want so just think about it guyz

3. Scoundrel1100

Scoundrel1100 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    OOC: I could do that. A few ideas are coming to mind already. What do the rest of you think? I hope no one left because of the lack of playing. We had a good group. I enjoyed it a lot. Anyway, what do you all think of Sabre's idea?

And Revan796: It's probably a good idea to hold off on trying to write yourself into the game until we reach a decision as an entire squad on what to do. Besides, that's really the GM's job. No offense or anything. I just think patience is a good idea right now.

Scoundrel

4. revan796

revan796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    ooh no offence taken and youre right i should be patient but ive read the whole story from page 1 to 31 and its phenomenal so id realy like to joind and DR hasn been on since the 1st so im just getting kind of restless

5. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    I'm sure you're all very excitable, but it's hardly reason to begin extensive OOC conversation within a game thread :) Please keep the chatter to a minimum, or take it to PM. I'd hate to see this game locked just because of the recent dialogue ;)

6. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I would have to agree with Sabre. Something that will pass the time but not alter the story line in such a way that his plan cannot be put into action.

For starters, perhaps Alpha squad should hurry up to the rendevous point.
    I am all for Scoundrel stepping in just until DR returns. I'm sure he wouldn't want this to die.

7. Ki_Undi_Mundi

Ki_Undi_Mundi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Are New players welcome?

8. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Sending you a PM Ki_Undi_Mundi

9. Lord_Lunan

Lord_Lunan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2006
    can i join? i have a character sheet that just needs a bio.

10. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    OK, just so I dont have to send a PM to every newcomer, I'll say it here for everyone to see, and hopefully READ

*ATTENTION ALL NEWCOMERS*

The GM of this RPG is currently absent, and no one has heard from him in well over a month. We have only to think that he has been caught up with matters in his own personal life, which we should all know takes priority.

Now, anybody who is interested in this game and wishes to join, Follow these steps as follows

1. Head to the first page of this RPG, READ IT

2. Make yourself a Character Sheet

3. Once done, PM your Character Sheet to DarthReven

4. Sit back and be patient, perhaps pass the time by reading what has happened in the RPG so far (This would be great if you could)

Anybody who asks if they can join will be directed to this here post, if you need any other help, and DarthReven is still not here to answer them, PM me if needed

11. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I think the best idea would be to give DR a fortnight or so (he could be in exams atm...) and if he hasn't made any contact at all we elect a new GM (who is willing to step aside on DR's return of course)

12. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Keep OOC chatter down guys, we dont want the mods locking this. If you want news on whats goin on, wait for either myself or DR to post, or you can PM me for an update.

13. Burning_Hatred

Burning_Hatred Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Dang, I haven't checked on this in almost 2 months, and DR's STILL not back? Well, I can understand. Hopefully he'll return soon, though...

14. Scoundrel1100

Nov 28, 2004
    OOC: He's been gone longer than that. I think this thread is done, guys...too bad too. I liked this one...a lot.

Scoundrel

15. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC:

UPDATE:

It appears likely now that DReven will not be returning, or is atleast on a very extended leave of absense. I have been in talks with a few of the RPers involved in this game, and have decided that I will step in for DR at this time so that this continues.

Now, I am unable to begin this as of yet, and will most likely be looking to get this back on track in early December. Hopefully you all can wait til then.

OVERVIEW: THIS GAME IS NOT FINISHED! DECEMBER WE SHALL CONTINUE!

PM Sabre_11 (thats me) if you have any questions or ideas relating to the RPG

16. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Well, I'm back. Its been a helluva ride, but I should be back for good again.

First off, I want to say I'm sorry for leaving you guys like that. It was really rude of me, and I know I should've said something about my leaving. Real life just caught me at a bad time, and I couldnt respond... Lifes been real hectic recently. I'm getting ready for the high-school entry tests( they do that in Turkey. Higher scores allow better high schools). At the same time, we've moved to a new house, had our internet set back up, etc...

Bothways, I'm back, hopefully for good again. I cant promise that I'll be here every day, but I'll try to be around.

17. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Great to have you back DR, you had us worried. I'll go round up the troops... ;)

18. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    allright then! I'll wait for the others to regroup.

by the way, is it possible for a user to edit the first page? There have been some changes to the rules, as well as clarification I would like to do at the moment...

19. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    L_A and/or NP can do it for you, just PM them

20. Scoundrel1100

Nov 28, 2004
    Echo checking in. Initiating regrouping protocol... Welcome back, boss! If I'm not mistaken, we're in the middle of a war here, gentlemen?

EDIT: and Lady too, if Sarah is still present.

21. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    DR! [:D] It is great to have you back! I am still here!

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Draco falling in, Hope you all had some nice R&R cause I don't want to have to patch you up on the first day back in the war!

Glad to have you back DR!

I think this calls for a few words for us returning Mando'a,
    "May the roof never fall in on ya, and may your friends never fall out!"

23. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    Wow, thats quick!

Look, before we go back on in, I need to ask a few questions.

A: How would you feel about adding new members to the group. Please PM me your opinions, ideas, comments, whatever. I'm bringing this up as I'm still geting PMs from people who want to join up.

B: Should we finish this story arc?(i.e/ the boarding action) I'll be honest with you, we dont have that much left. If memory serves( it is quite general though, I havent looked at my notes in a while) we would be 60-80% done.

If you want to finish the story arc, we can just skip it.(think like an auto resolve button) I have to say, in the end, it was a bad experiment. I wanted to test myself(and you guys a bit) and in the end, it was to much and it snapped. I'm not sorry for it though. In the end, I got valuble experiance(even though it was at your expense-sorry)

C: Any ideas for the story/plot/ level design in general? If you have any ideas, dont feel afraid or embaressed to PM me. ALL ideas are welcome.

And the most important!

D: What is your favorite colour?
    (sorry, I've been watching Monty Python....

24. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    Woohoo, 1st post has been fixed! Its a little nicer now, I've also done an update on Aldaric's Bio, so if you're interested, go check it out!

25. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    A: The more the merrier!

B: Yes, Auto-Resolve it. This will help us get the new members inserted easier, plus then DV can finally meet up with the rest of us.

C: I suggest we have a more extended character development time. I suggest this because we want all our charaters to grow, get to know each other, and have some time to rest up. Also it gives the newer players a chance to get known before combat. AND, because it is the festive season, many people will be away, so having an in-between mission thing would be best, because while we can still RP, the people who go on holidays wont miss anything too important.

D: Green. Oh wait, we weren't meant to answer that were we? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.