main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive By Mandalore's Orders: a Mandalorian Commando RPG* think RC Commando with a Twist*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthReven, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    It seems we share the same thoughts on these topics. Earlier today, I was searching around the RP forum when I encountered a RP called X-wing ( I think it was spearpoint or something...). It was action, but had a social mode as well. I think it would be a really good way to get the characters to know eachother better, get some emotions out there, and I might[face_devil] have a plot point that I could use with it.

If we do an Auto-Resolve, I'll just post a paragraph or two describing the battle. The auto-resolve idea so far has been very popular, everyone thats sent a PM has agreed to it.

Also, everyone seems to love green! IMO its the best color out there...

It should be noted that I've only received PMs/posts from Sabre(duh), Mitth Fisto, and a quasi one from scoundrel. Also, many of our older players havent posted back yet. I've sent a PM to Sephy, but besides him people like Darth Vercetti are still MIA. If someone could check up on their status, I would aprieciate it.:)

2. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    I'll go yell at DV, he should have been here by now, I tell ya that boy is getting very lazy... :p

Also, would you like me to PM the new guys that wanted to sign up while you were absent? Let them know we are back on?

P.S. Green ROCKS!

3. revan796

revan796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    gm approved

Name: kale fett
    Species: mandalorian (human)
    Homeworld: nar shadda (born on concord dawn)
    Affiliation: mandalorians

Personality
    ---Traits: likes to finish things quick, ignores pain. Likes the sight of blood.
    ---Likes: killing, intelligence, high power weapons, setting traps.
    ---Dislikes: snobby/bossy people.
    ---Habits: trigger happy, likes to drink a lot, shoot first ask questions later.

Appearance
    ---Skin Color: slightly tanned Caucasian
    ---Hair Color: dark brown (in dreads down to eyes)
    ---Eye Color: dark green
    ---Clothing: mandalorian armor, when not in battle kale wears natural clothing.
    ---Other Attributes: very stealthy (at times)

GEAR:
    Weapons: combat enforcer, dual 9mm slugthrower pistols
    Armor/clothing: heavy mandalorian armor. (Green) (no helm wears headset)
    specialty weapons: predator blades. (Like off of alien versus predator the wolverine blade things which are blades that extend out the arm 1 foot).
    notes on gear: predator blades on right arm, launching predator blades on left(basically a wrist launcher but moded to launch blades

---Religion: mandalorian.

Biography
    ---Personal History: originally came from concord dawn but his parents were brutally slaughtered in front of him by an assassin. so he ran to nar shaddah and fought his whole life trying to stay alive but even as a child his father trained him to ignore pain, his father said ?in a war you don?t have time to bleed?. His father showed him the ways of mandalorian combat. His father refused to trade goods with an offworlder because he wasn?t mandalorian and told him off so the man sent an assassin after his father and mother. Kale also had a brother who was five years older than him but he left when kale was 13 to go join the mandalorian army and wasn?t seen by kale again. When kale?s parents were killed he quickly made his way to the nearest starport and smuggled himself on random freighters from planet to planet making his way to nar shaddah.

---Military History: fought for the hutts on nar shadda and was trained by father from age 6-15. He also had some training by the mandalorian clans before the crusade.

---Traumatic Experiences: saw parent?s death and caused the death of countless people. Kale was exploring some fields when they got swarmed by some kath hounds and his friends got tore limb from limb kale narrowly escaped by hiding behind a grate like thing, although he escaped he had to endure seeing his friends being killed.

ooc: oooh ive been waitong three months for this day. im so exited :).
    ive also read the entire thing so i know whats happend and whats going on.

4. DarthReven

May 8, 2005

THIS IS NOT GM APPROVED! I can totaly understand that you thought so, but what I ment was that it was past my initial screening. When I wanted you to post it, it was because I wanted the others(if they want) to PM me or post if they felt the CS was a bit unbalanced. Even if there are no problems, I always do 1 more CS check to do some final edits.[face_peace]

Look, I'm not mad at all, I know it was a mistake, especialy since we do stuff diferantly here in BMO.:)

5. revan796

Nov 18, 2004
    omg im so sorry i thought you approved it :(

6. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    dont worry about it:)

7. revan796

Nov 18, 2004
    ok i wont worry but anyways
    hey does omega squad have a symbol? if not i drew some up and i put one on my old feeweb ill post link here :

http://www.freewebs.com/heavymetalrocker796/symbols.htm

8. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    Well, the official Mandalorian Symbol is this
    http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/4b/200px-Mandskull.jpg

So that would be on 1 pauldron. For a squad insignia, I dunno. I mean, on one hand, we could have an insignia, but on the other hand, we're supposed to be a military secret. Having a special insignia could have the ranks asking whats up, what platoon, or whatever.

9. revan796

Nov 18, 2004
    ohh thats ok i just thought it was an idea that could be put out and
    i know what the mando symbol is also there is a neo crusader symbol:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:MandalorianSymbol.jpg#file

10. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    OOC: Honestly I dont think worrying about a patch/symbol/emblem for our squad really matters at this point. We are already quite far into the game, and we cant exactly see those patches. Also from memory, a lot of the squad members have their own custom armour, so while a patch would make us seem like more of a unit, that could one day be a disadvantage. Either way, not worth getting your knickers in a knot about.

I say we get this party started before I have to go on holidays, any ideas for where we re-start DReven?

11. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    OOC:

I agree, a paticular emblem isnt needed. However, if anyone wants to have their own emblem, thats fine. Be my guest. Unified emblems can wait though.

When will we start? Good question, and one I cant answer fully. Technically, I'm still waiting for any other PMs regarding wether or not we should bring in more players( 99% yes for this) and about the Auto Resolve. So far, the majority has voted yes on new players, yes on Auto Resolve.

So, does any one else have anything to say? Say now or forever hold your peace.

I wont promise a date for a post. I'll start working on an Auto Resolve post now, just incase. I was thinking that we could have the new "off duty" mode of the thread happen during the holidays. It will be a more easy going thread for the while, and if somebody doesnt join in or is too busy they wont miss anything big.

Finaly, I'm still MIA on DV, Sephyclone, and maybe a few others. If they dont return soon, I'll start going on without them. Like normal, I wont kill a character out right, they'll be registered to another unit. That way, if they comeback, they can move in without any problems...

12. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    OOC: Sorry guys, i'm here just a little inactive as of late. I'll make a effort to keep active. But anyway, i'm back.

Lets get te party started.

13. Burning_Hatred

Burning_Hatred Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Cendales Ordo reporting for duty!

After Revan's long absence, I stopped coming here, but I'm back now, strapped up and ready to kill some Republic scum!

14. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    OOC: Sorry for the wait, I'm back in the US and I've been busy. A combination of not having 'net and my Grandma's, my birthday, and christmas kept me off the PC...

Epilogue on the Space Battle:

Omega Squad and the Mandalorian Boarding teams were partially successful. While they were unsuccessful in fully neutralizing the battle cruiser, they were able to have the personnel aboard the ship focus their energies at dislodging the boarding crews instead of the space battle at hand. With the fleet commander out of action, the Old Republic fleet splintered.This was instrumental, making a battle that should've been a rout for the Mandalorians into a victory, although the heavy losses made it similar to a Pyrrhic victory. On the brighter side, the Mandalorians were able to retain control of Brentaal 4 as well as capturing the beaten up hulk of the Republic battle cruiser. However, it was so damaged that the rememnants of it would be melted down for new materials.

IC, Aldaric Ordo, 2 days after the battle, Debriefing room, Ravager:

" ...You should know that some of the brass thought that your inseartion to free Colonel Fel was ludicrous. In many ways it was. That mission alone would have generated praise for your men. But to then help out in an intense boarding action was..." The admiral paused, searching for a word." It was exemplary. You saved many men, and you should feel proud for what you and your squad did yesterday." Aldaric felt himself straighten a bit more, despite the fact that he was still sore from his last mission. Praise from the Admiral was a rare commodity.
    Admiral Brom continued " On a tactical level we now have control of the Brentall system. The outer rim, as well as about 2/3rds of the Mid rim is under Mandalorian control. We are now within striking distance of the Hyrdian Line. Mandalorian high command is currently debating on when or wether to attack the Line. Until then, you and your squad are free to get some heavy R&R." Aldaric saluted, then left the room. The debriefing had been very informative, but it was also very long and tiring. All Aldaric wanted to do now was get some Kandoolian Ale and then hit the sack.
    After a short walk to the dockingbay, Aldaric reached his shuttle craft." Pilot, you can leave whenever". "Roger that, sir". With that, they started his return flight to Brentaal. Due to the large amount of casulties, Aldaric and his squad had been temporarily assigned to the barracks in the planet's capital city of Bresa. After checking himself in at the barracks, he made his way to a tapcafe/bar his friend Ergeron had suggested to him; the Musty Mynock. It sure wasnt the nicest looking bar around, but it go the job done and Ergeron had said they had a good selection of drinks.
    Walking in, he did a quick survey as he approached a stool near the bar. Looks wise, it was nothing to write home about. It was fairly large, with many satalite tables and booths for those in large groups. The bar itself was like an exagerated "U" with the end hitting the southwest end of the establishment.Finding a good seat at the bar, he got the attention of the bartender, and said " Large Kandoolian Ale, OK? " The bartender grunted his confirmation, and a second later Aldaric had his Ale. Taking a sip, he savored the taste. He hadnt had one of these in a long while...

OOC: You guys are free to do whatever you want. Go to the bar, sleep, play holo games, whatever. If your character has an intimate relationship, thats OK as well. Just be sure to keep it PG 13, OK?

15. Burning_Hatred

Sep 30, 2005
    IC: Cendales Ordo

It had been 2 days since the space battle had ended, and Cendales had been in the ICU of the field hospital since Omega Squad had gotten back. They had been keeping a close watch on his side since he had gotten there, and had been pumping all the excess blood out of it so they could get to work on it. The anestesia had kept Cendales nice and passed out for most of the day while they operated, and he woke up groggily about an hour or so after the surgery.

"How are you feeling?" One of the nurses checking his papers asked.

"Like hell," Cendales said, stretching his good arm and yawning. "At least my side doesn't hurt as much."

"The surgery went well, we were able to pump out all the blood and repair the damaged tissue," The nurse said. "Since it was a blaster wound, there wasn't much bleeding on the outside, but there was some damaged tissue and minor organ damage inside, mostly to your lung. We were able to fix everything, and sealed the cavity, so once it all heals, you should be good to go."

"How long is that going to be?" Cendales asked the nurse.

"Well, for a normal human, it would be a couple months, but since we Mandalorians have a much faster metabolism and recovery rate, plus that arm of yours, I'd say maybe three weeks, a month at most."

"Three weeks?!" Cendales said, trying to sit up. "I can't be in here for three whole weeks!"

"Well, until we've determined that your side is healed well enough that you can be up and about, and until we operate on that arm of yours, you don't have a choice," The nurse said, pushing him back onto the bed. "So just lay still and get some rest."

This made Cendales look to his arm, which hung limply in a sling.

"Do you know what you're going to do with it?" He asked.

"We'll have to do some preliminary X-rays to see if we CAN do anything about it," The nurse replied. "But those can wait until tomorrow. For now, you need to get some rest."

With that, the nurse left the room, and after a while Cendales laid back down a buried himself under his bedcovers, falling fast asleep.

TAG: All

16. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    OOC: Sorry, my Outlook re-formated my post. If anyone wants me to re-post my last post with more spaces, just tell me.

17. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Sarah Jillo

Standing in the hotel room, Sarah waited for her boyfriend, Judah to come out of the fresher. She stood near the door in a white, form fitting dress. The back went went low and the front of it looked as if a huge hole had been cut out of it where her stomach was. That was how her boyfriend had described it. The fresher door opened and her boyfriend stepped out of it. She could tell he hadn't bothered to comb his brown hair in a couple of days. This was the first time they were going to go out together since she left to go with Aldaric and the other mandalorians. She had given him a call when she found out where they would be and he found a way to get here.

"You ready?"

Sarah nodded; her hair bouncing up and down.

"Let's go."

It didn't take them long to reach their destination. Judah had found a great bar to go to. She had no idea where it was but he had said it was great. When they got there Sarah felt way overdressed. There was plenty of bars they could have gone to that were much nicer, but Judah insisted on this one. Not bothering to find out what the name of the bar was, they entered.

Walking in they found two stools near the south wall of the building. This would give them a little privacy. Judah leaned over to Sarah and gave her a kiss.

"I missed you baby."

A smile appeared on her face. She had missed him too. He kissed her again and his lips traveled to her neck. His hands were on her hips. She could feel herself blushing and a giggle escaped her lips. Sarah would have let him continue, but she saw someone. Could it be him? Sarah pushed Judah away.

"I want you to meet someone."

She took his hand and led him to a man sitting at the bar, drinking. Sarah tapped the man his shoulder.

"Aldaric. Hey what are you doing here?"

Tag: Darth Revan, others

18. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    OOC: Going to Rome--will post when I arrive

19. CT-14

CT-14 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2006
    I still havent gotten a pm about my cammando. Don't forget me... by the way i cant pm reven.
    hers my sheet.

Name: Ander Obrim
    Species: mandalorian (human)
    Homeworld: Dxun
    Affiliation: mandalore
    Personality
    ---Traits: Loyal, untrusting, honorable, fearful that his new squad will leave him too.
    ---Dislikes: laser weapons and helmets
    ---Habits: checks clip constantly, dosen't trust anyone until he knows them very well.
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color:caucasian
    ---Hair Color:dark brown
    ---Eye Color:green
    ---Clothing: mandalorian battle armor (like the armor from KOTOR)
    ---Other Attributes: likes wepons that can take a man down with one shot. Likes virpine sniper "rifles"
    GEAR: Binoculers that take place of a range finder on a helmate.
    Weapons: acp array (shotgun), Modified Zabrak battle cannon (its a rifle that is basicly the mising link between hand guns and field artillery, is the only lazer he trusts) and a tripod sqaud breaker cannon, a three piece implaced gun that can blow through ifantry and maby light tanks and APCs with a few shots , takes forever to set up.
    Armor/clothing: standard white mandalorian battle armor(like the armor from KOTOR) with no helmet and red stripes, kind of like the cloce commander armour but it carries only a private rank.

specialty weapons(like flamers, darts, etc) prototype heated combat knife
    notes on gear: kept in a holster on boot. Can't move very fast do to cannon strapped to back.
    Biography
    ---Military History:military training at age 9-12 by his father, joined military at age 16 placed in scout squad for training then placed in tracking squad until he was tansfered.
    ---Traumatic Experiences:witnessed his fathers death on a hunting expedition when he was 12 into the forest by his own blaster when it exploded. In training when he was almost crushed by a falling tree and his helmet almost killed him when it crunshed like a can, he was then pulled out by his father who then told him that his squad had left him for dead.

plz let me join this sounds realy fun.

20. Burning_Hatred

Sep 30, 2005
    OOC: You do know that this has been dead for over two months now, and Darth Reven hasn't been heard from since then?

21. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    No, I'm still here. Its just that the threads pretty much dead. I had sent some PMs and tried to get it revived, but it was to no avail.

I think we can, unfortuneatly, call the thread dead. All I can say is that it was great fun while it lasted, and that I learned a great deal about GMing from it.

Still, I'm definentally active, so perhaps I'll see ya guys around again some time. Or if some fluke happens and someone else revives the thread or something, well I'll come in as soon as I find out...

22. CT-14

CT-14 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2006
    If we cant revive this one can we at least remake it (end this one and make a new sighn that says Mandalorian comandos remake everyone welcome or something).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.