main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA By popular demand - Orange County

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Welcome to the new Orange County board! This has replaced what was once Anaheim. Okay, you all asked for it... so let's get that official FanForce chapter rollin'. :D

2. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    Alrighty!!!!!!

3. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    I'm here, but I probably won't be here too much. I'll check in on you guys and you can use my managerial skills when you want. My fiance grew up in Dana Point once moving to CA from NY, but we live in LA these days. One of our best friends lives in Laguna Hills though, and he's a hardcore fan. He's got a great Vader costume.

4. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Hi. I'm here to show my support. Dushoni said there's hot chicks populating this forum. :D

5. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    LMM...when we all meet up...I will insure we're at a place with lotsa hot chicks!

6. WormieVibes

WormieVibes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002

Thanks for inviting me here, Dushoni.

7. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    Glad to have you here wormie!

8. THEFORCEISJESUS

THEFORCEISJESUS Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Whats up everyone. I am here in Laguna Hills and I must say we are blessed to be in Orange County. Down right spoiled.....I love it! So who is going to start the local fanforce and get all the beautiful Star Wars Girl fans that look like Queen Amidala to hang out?
    By the way, is Newport Big a Digital theatre or just The Spectrum?Let me know.
    GIRL FANS RULE!!!!!!!!!

9. Darth_Yoda_

Darth_Yoda_ Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    Hi TheForce,

Great to have you on board. We have already had two meetings to become an official chapter. So be dure to join us on our nect meeting.

As far as the digital projection, Big Newport would defintly have a digital projector if its theater was as small as the Specturm. Because of its massivly huge screen, it is not yet possible to have digital projection for that massive of an audience.

Be sure to check out BigNewport.com for more info on the theater.

10. DUSHONI

Aug 22, 2001
    We actually have to have 3 meetings to become "Official" so..one more to go!!!!

11. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
  12. CORRELLIAN

CORRELLIAN Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    How often do you guys meet? I'm a new member to the community, just moved up to the Tustin/Santa Ana area from South County.

13. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I'm looking to join a fanforce meeting group here in OC. I've been a huge fan since I was a kid and am looking to make friends with others who have fallen in love Star Wars as much as I have. Any info can be sent to SRB_Jedi_Knight@fanforce.net

14. JediMaster12

JediMaster12 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    Hey SRB, fellow Jedi

I'm not new to SW, but I'm pretty new to the board as well. I'm in South OC. Been to see AOTC a few times now, including DLP up at the Spectrum. So how 'bout you?

15. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I've seen the movie 4 times and it just gets better each time I see it. I haven't made it to the spectrum yet but I do wish to see it in the digital theater there.

16. JediMaster12

May 5, 2002
    Well, you've got me beat by one time, I've only seen the movie 3 times, but I'm planning on going again. You should definitely check out the digital version, the cgi looks so clean, Yoda looks much better, and overall I'd say the colors are more vibrant.

Have you read any of the novels that have been released since TPM? I'm really curious about more of the backstory that I hope will be dealt with in the EU. I really liked AOTC but was hoping for a little more on the Jedi/Sith.

17. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I just finished reading a book called the Approaching Storm. I think that was the name written by Alan Dean Foster. It covers the border dispute on Ansion. Which is mentioned briefly in Episode II. It was pretty good and enjoyed the reading.
    I have to get to the digital screen!!!!!!!

18. JediMaster12

May 5, 2002
    I've seen that book, The Approaching Storm, however I will probably wait to read it when it's in paperback. I did get the Ep2 book in hardcover, but was able to pick it up at Costco for less $$$l. I generally like Alan Dean Foster's writing, however I've not always been fond of Salvatore, who wrote the Ep2 novelization. I also recently read the Bounty Hunter Wars, by K.W. Jeter I believe, and he really had a disjointed writing style. That's why I was asking around about the more recent books, as I'm looking for well written books. I hear that Timothy Zahn is supposed to write some future books, so that might not be too bad. We'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.