main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga By Small Things--Author Note First Post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Noelie, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Author: Noelie
    Information: Liam Senoe was first mentioned by DarthIshtar, in Before the Saga, A Cruel and Unusual Romance. I borrowed with her permission, and she has graciously allowed me to flesh him out so to speak. Noela is also hers, but there will be others that are mine, such as Noela's sisters.
    The idea behind this: there have always been those willing to help a people being extinguished. Why would a family risk all to be such a group?

~~~~~

Journal: Liam Senoe 16:5:241

When I met my darling wife, I knew that life would never be commonplace or even simple. What I didn?t count on is that my family would be part of the center stage of events so cold and chilling that I would naturally wish that we could all be transported to another time and place.

Today came the transmission that told me that we would have no calm, quiet retirement, spending the rest of my days loving my Noela. I am also hanging my head in shame, because she knew, and I didn?t believe her. I married Noela, understanding that she was brilliant at politics and that she understood points of law as well as any of the cutthroat lawyers I had ever dealt with in my long career. But when she warned of the coming night, I thought it was only her reaction to the eventual fallout of the investigation of his death. They said that ?Sith? were behind the tragedy, and the one responsible was dead and I, like so many others felt that ended the matter.

She insisted however, that Obi-Wan and others of the council were continuing to look for another. How could I, indeed how could any of us understand the creeping evil insidiously working his worm-like way into power? I should have known, because Noela saw it.

I was a law abiding man, and I believed the cooperation with instituted policies a good thing, and indeed I am still of a mind that with a good, moral people that is truth. My mistake was projecting the good of the politicians I personally know, my Noela, Bail Organa and others onto all.

The only joy I have at the moment is that while I didn?t fully believe her, I indulged her wishes. Her foresight gives us the power to help. It has very likely saved my son's life. If tyranny is indeed possible only because good men do nothing then my course is set.

This journal is a record of my story.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Good and interesting start! :D

3. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Aaaaaaaaaaeeeeee! Noelie ventures out into the wide world of solo Saga lengthy-fic writing! She has entered my world! *excited*

And is this Noela THE Noela I've heard so much about? *rubs hands together*

This shall indeed be entertaining. I shall watch with great interest. Feel free to pm me if you do those. If not... well, I'm pretty good at finding fics on my own. I have a knack for it.

Good job! =D=

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay! I've been so excited to see more from Liam's POV. I like that it's also helping his son. :) This was a very grabbing first post.

5. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Very good, I can't wait to see more. You will do great! I know it.

6. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Yes! [face_dancing] You go girl!! Great start! I shall watch the progress of this story with great interest. ;)

If tyranny is indeed possible only because good men do nothing then my course is set.

A variation on my favorite Edmund Burke quote. That's a guaranteed way to get me hooked! :D

7. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Vaderlvr64: I hope it works out. Thank you!

Luna_Nightshade: Yup, this is our Noela. There is tons more about her over somewhere yonder in before the saga :) The woman is downright addicting! But lately I have grown very fond her her Liam. Writing in his head is rather fun!

Ish: yup, I am really enjoying him. I hope to play this one well, because I think you know where I would like to take this, and I do recognize it will be huge work. But MERE should show up..eh?

Araxie; I have to catch up to my talented younger sister, don't I? Seems you are getting GREAT feedback.

Souderwan: You found me! Yes. I am trying something a little tougher and more serious. I am glad you came by to cheer me on.

8. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Disclaimer: Apology to DarthIshtar if any of this wrecks her timing in her fabulous story Broken
    ~~~~~

Journal: Liam Senoe ?continued

The year my sons were born was a time that our galaxy would look back on and remember in that ?where were you when? sort of way that marks events that mark the soul.

I had known many wonderful attractive women during my life; indeed without sounding too pompous, in my career as an actor, meeting beautiful companions wasn?t ever a problem. I also felt it strange for someone that accepted the axiom that there was more than one right person, I never found an exact match before Noela. I had relationships, but they just didn?t come to the full fruition of marriage and family, until she quietly hurtled into my life by minding her own business one sunny afternoon in Dex?s Diner.

We were still well within the age of having children, due to the advances of medical care at that time, which allowed women to put off child bearing to their late 40?s and 50?s. This however also meant that some risks were higher and Noela and I had already learned the heartbreak of losing a daughter before she could count a full day of life. We felt ourselves blessed when our next child Emarli was born at term, healthy and beautiful.

It came as a bit of a shock when Noela discovered herself pregnant; we had assumed that it had been four years since Emarli?s birth and as we had been doing nothing to prevent another occurrence, but nothing had happened, that we were not meant for any other children.

The discovery was one of joy and shock, because our first indication that something wonderful, unique and disquieting had happened, was my wife waking with a gasp, sitting up with a start, and breaking the sleepy embrace I kept her wrapped in.

?Noe, sweetie? What is wrong? I didn?t hear anything.? I half mumbled, sleep still fogging my brain.

Her hand caressed my arm, ?I am sorry, love, I don?t think there is anything wrong, I just felt something?touch my mind.?

I was now awake, realizing that she had used that term before in speaking about her few force experiences with her Jedi. Her Jedi. It was the only term that even began to fit, and I won?t lie to you and tell you that it was an easy one for me to live with. She was worth the battle with my own demons of jealousy.

?Qui-Gon can?t do that from far away can he?? I rubbed my face with my hands, to try and wake up.

?Liam, it wasn?t him, it didn?t have?? she stopped to think for a minute. ?It wasn?t any trained Jedi, it was less focused, and there was no discipline to the feeling.?

I pulled her closer to my chest, my hands combing through her mass of hair, brushing locks back from her face. ?Noe, it was probably nothing, just a dream.?

?Yes, you are probably right. I am sorry I disturbed your sleep.? She sounded penitent and worried.

?Well you can make it up to me.? I teased.

She giggled sounding like the young woman she looked like in the starlight drifting in from our bedroom window, knowing what would be coming next, ?How would that be??

I combed more of her hair through my fingers, and said with her saying the words right along with me, ?disturb my sleep a bit more.?

~~~~
    Within a few weeks we knew she was expecting once again, and as always sickness stalked her every waking moment. Because of these issues and some immediate decisions with my career, we returned to Coruscant for the second half of her pregnancy. This had the added benefit of her sister Tatiana being able to help do general care of my wife.

Two things were concerning, however, one of which Noela was far too large for dates. The other was that the presence continued to make itself known at moments when Noela should have been resting.

The first concern was quickly alleviated by the good news that we had not one, but two sons on the way. The second was a far larger worry, and while medical personnel said that it was likely it was Noela?s overloaded hormonal system, we could see that what we were beginning to believe was the probl

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, that really pesky Mere! :) I love the 'premonition of the Force.'

10. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    [face_worried] What on earth could be wrong with the pregnancy? *meep* Whatever it is sounds dark and frightening.

Good job, Noelie! I'm intrigued! =D=

11. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Very interesting indeed. [face_thinking] What is the presence that is gnawing at her? You've piqued my interest, Noelie! :D

=D= Well done!

12. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Souderwan! Good to see you again. I don't think you will have to wait to long before you have more answers, and this is just the ground work for what is to come later! I hope you can stick around.

Hello Luna_Nightshade. It certainly feels frightening to the parents, because of the implications. I hope I can get the next part hammered out to my satisfaction soon!

Ish,yup. If Araxie finds this she should also recognize paralells to her crossover, idea, not that mine is, but the inspiration for Noela's experience comes from there.

13. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Note: Well here I am, since I was up so early I have updated now. This should be the last till at least the weekend. Thanks for any input!

~~~~~

I had just gotten Noela settled on the divan we had purchased when her body tried to insist on delivery of Emarli too early as it had our sweet Mere, when the chime to the door rang. We weren?t expecting anyone; so to say we were a little surprised would be understating it, and to find a veritable army at the door was disconcerting.

?Hello, Liam, ? Mere greeted blithely, pushing her way past me to also allow the group of people behind her to enter. All came bearing gifts of food, so whatever else she had in mind, she was going to keep in with Grandmamma Ovorps? idea that there should be a feast to accompany the matter.

?Hello, to you too Mere. May I inquire as to why you enlisted an army to invade my home?? I grinned however, always glad to see Noela?s family.

?I decided since you two were not going to be forthcoming about what is bothering you, I had to take things into my own hands and call a family meeting.? I closed the door behind the last brown robe entering my home, and turned to look at the crowd. I avoided rolling my eyes at her response; Noela however, did not.

Mere?s idea of a family meeting also included Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, and I had to admit that somehow it would be wrong without them. Emmy caught sight of Qui-Gon and the squeal of ?Poppa Keej?, which had been her appellation for him since she was two, filled the room to the amusement of the adults. She hurled herself into his waiting arms, and covered his face with kisses.

?However do you manage Qui-Gon?? Ciel asked ruefully. ?She hasn?t even noticed that her favorite aunt has come to visit.?

The men, my brothers-in-law, the Jedi and I smiled at each other while the women started a good-natured tiff about whom the ?favorite aunt? would be. I looked to where Noela was quietly laughing at the hubbub that had entered our peaceful domicile; at least for the moment the diversion was a good thing for her.

Mere took charge again, getting the sisters and the husbands to start getting ready for the feast part of her planned attack. I motioned for the Jedi to sit down on the seating nearest Noela, and I perched on the end of the divan, reaching for her hand.

?So I heard you had a nice restful trip to Obredaan,? Even bed ridden, there was little information about anything that Noela cared about that she couldn?t get.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon exchanged knowing looks with me, ?Yes j?m we did, but I don?t think we came here to talk shop.?

?Well since you bring it up, what do you want to talk about?? I waited expectantly for his answer, and Noela squeezed my hand, as much to gain comfort as to give it.

Qui-Gon handed his little blond burden to Obi-Wan with some protest from Emmy. Obi-Wan took her and headed back toward the kitchen where her aunts were busily working.

He smiled to me ruefully as he took my wife?s other hand. ?Noela I have done a little research since we last met on Alderaan, when you first discovered your pregnancy.?

I am pretty sure that Noela was as positive as I was once we both saw him with Mere?s ? party, that he had news for us. He had come to Alderaan because of the young Jedi we were helping at the time, and the minute he knew anything was causing Noela possible hurt he was tenacious.

Noe hesitated and then nodded with a shaky but encouraging smile, ?Well tell me straight up. What do you think??

?I don?t know.? This wasn?t the answer I expected, and both Noela and I began to chuckle in nervous frustration.

Qui-Gon continued, with grin that said he understood our thoughts, ?Please understand j?m that the last time I knew someone in your circumstance personally enough to think to ask, I was the baby. I could only make guarded inquiries, to not raise suspicion about why I was asking such questions.? He addressed Noela, but was watching my face, and I nodded encouragement for him to continue.

?However, in the archives t

14. Just-Plain-Shmi

Just-Plain-Shmi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    I'm enjoying this very much. I especially loved the description of the "untrained Force presence." Lovely work.

JPS :)

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ouch, I'm not sure I like being Mere at this moment. I want to slap her silly, but good for her for finally telling Qui-gon like it is!

16. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    You are right, I definetly find stuff that is back to what I'm going to be doing! There are so many similarities that it is almost too scary. ;)
    You are doing a great job at the family dynamics!

17. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Hey Just-Plain-Shmi Thanks for coming by! I am glad you think it is going okay. I was a little nervous about this last installment, but as it is laying down groundwork I couldnt' really avoid it.

Yeah Ish, Mere is having a hard time, but she means well, and has been pushed to the limit by panic. This is not her normal vein, but sometimes we all get to that breaking point. Never fear all will be well and our fearless Mere will play a major part later.

Araxie- I knew you would see the parallel, but I couldn't help but think carrying a force sensitive baby would feel differently than a force blind one. Thus Liam goes back to that point to lay the ground work for the rest of the story. I have a hunch I will be pouring over our favorite fantasy authors books again!

18. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Can we say... roar for Mere? Dang, that was fierce. I wanted to climb into Qui-Gon's arms and whimper. Qui-Gon reminds me an awful lot of my own grandfather in this (don't ask me why) and I like it. And... Noela is in labor. Totally. Well, maybe not totally. Maybe she will come close but not. Or something. And Emerli? Ha! From time in the social forum, I'm well aware of where that name came from. Good stuff, Noelie, and thanks for the pm--I missed it otherwise.

EDIT: And Araxie, I see that you have discovered this beautimous icon. I personally requested it in the communications forum. You like? Its so purty.

19. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Luna_Nightshade : Mere was a little.. well not her normal scintillating self, but when she has something to say, watch out! [face_shame_on_you] Emarli was named by Ish, but you know where the inspiration was from. I think at some point she has a "joke" about the name, but we shall see.

As to labor: hmmm, now that would seem to be the question!

20. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    With the scene of upset sisters, bemused Jedi and brothers-in-law standing confused, behind me, I reached the quiet of our room with Noela safely in my arms but almost insensible by the point I laid her on the bed for Tani to exam.

?Noela,? Tani sounded sharp, but I knew she was trying to get her attention. ?Noela, I need to know what you are feeling.? Her hands began a systematic examination of Noela?s extended abdomen, making certain of the position of the babies so that she could find a heart rate for each. Tani was very much into old-fashioned methods and so used a very curious piece of equipment that almost had the appearance of a trumpet attached to tubing.

Noe?s? hands had gone to her head, and she mumbled, ?pain.?

?Noela, I need to know are you having contractions?? Tani?s? tone was still firm, so much so that she seemed to be getting my wife?s attention.

?No, not, but pain in my head, no heart?? she gasped out her answer, ?no, that?s not right, pain in my soul.?

To say that Tani and I were confused was an understatement. She sat quietly regarding my wife, who had now slipped back into a restless unconsciousness. ?Liam, let?s think about this. Has she ever felt this much pain before?? She was working to verify that Noela was not in early labor, as she spoke.

?Not that I know of since little Mere.? I shook my head, remembering the excruciating anguish of that day.

?Well I knew she hadn?t told me or her other healers about feeling abnormal pain. We have been concerned about what she reports during her twilight sleep because there is no way to verify her experience; hence our question that one or both of the babies may be force sensitive, and all we really know is that whatever the phenomenon is, it is affecting her well-being.? She was still moving back and forth in front of our large bed, talking more to herself than having a conversation with me.

?What are you getting at Tatiana??

?Liam your wife is in pain, and your babies are agitated. Both babies are moving around so fast I have hardly been able to get a consistent heartbeat, and I am about to eat my words and use newer technology to find if they are at least safe for the moment.?

I sat closer to my wife, taking her hand, and still not getting Tani?s point. Hysterical laughter filled my brain as I wanted to repeat the shared family joke of ?what?s your point?? since I didn?t get the point.

She softened as she looked at me, realizing that underneath muscle and sinew of a fit man, I was really just terrified something was putting my Noela in danger. Her voice returned to her normal, sweet tones, ?Liam all this started with that explosion of emotion out there. What if these younglings of yours sensed that? If your children are able to act within the force, how else besides disturbing Noela?s rest would that manifest itself?"

?I have no idea, I know little more about the force than I did when I married Noela, and she came complete with Jedi.? Noela shifted in the bed off of her back and onto her side, her hair under my fingers soft. I considered my sister-in-law, so much like Noela.

She came gently to my side, and asked, ?Liam, I think something made the babies react and I think that is somehow causing what is happening to Noela; I think we just got the first taste of what that might mean. Liam, I know the answer to this, because Noela and I have discussed it before, but have you argued with her since the pregnancy began??

I shook my head, knowing she knew, but how many others had heard the explanation without believing us, petty bickering or contention regular in other relationships,? You know our feelings on that Tani. We took so many years to find each other we don?t have time to waste with yelling and bickering. We set rules for engagement and follow them, and talk it out reasonably and try to come to a compromise that works for both of us. We disagree like anyone else, we just refuse to argue, and we work on understanding, so no.?

?So the first raising of voices your babies would be aro

21. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Well, that was indeed heavy. I was all awwwwwww when I found out that one of Noela's babies wanted to try to fix everything for his mommy. [face_love] That's so sweet. Can't say that it helped, but sweeeet. I love your description of being in the Force to see the babies--you know how much I love reading about the Force as almost its own place, or character. And Qui-Gon... Qui-Gon is going to die now... well, if this isn't AU? What is going to happen to the babies then?!? *whimper* Qui-Gon! Fix it! Liam! DO SOMETHING! *sniffles* I don't want anything bad to happen to the babies that were just trying to help their mommy... *sniff*. This is so intriguing, and I'm already adoring these wee ones. And Qui-Gon? Sheesh, I never used to really like Qui-Gon prior to coming here, but all the things I have read with him in there have made me just adore the guy.

Great job, Noelie! =D= Convenient posting, too--right when I was on a study break!

22. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    Good job my sister. I'm not even sure what to say I like the most! I know I loved the trip to the force and what it was like. Is this how Qui-Gon starts to see if he can retain his identity? Can't wait to see the babies!

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, very fascinating journey into the force. I love Mere trying to apologize to Qui.

24. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Luna!- The good news is that the Babies make it safely. The bad news is they are born in a really bad time. No, it won't be an AU keeping Qui-Gon alive, although I can tell you since the first time I watched the movie, I keep hoping George will have gotten a clue and changed the script and my DVD in one swoop of a miracle. Alas I ask for big things. Thanks for reading [face_mischief]

Araxie: Thanks hun.

Ish: glad you found it with all that is going on in your life right now. I like thinking about the force and what it might be like!

25. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Please PM me when you update! I didn't realize there was a Noela story in The Saga. Glad I saw the link in your signature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.