main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga By Small Things--Author Note First Post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Noelie, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    *fist pump* I love how Liam managed to counter Palpatine with that nifty little comeback. Rawr, Liam, rawr! There's a duh statement there that Palpatine definitely can't effectively push back.

I can't wait to see what Liam's plan is to continue with the lovely kicking of the Palpatine rear. *giggle*

And Qui-Gon reaching out to Liam through the Force! Rock on! Love Qui-Gon--love that he might be helpful in this situation.

But an intruder? Greeeeeat. Palpatine doesn't take insult lightly, does he? Qui-Gon? Need a little help down here!

Great job, Noelie. Loved it as always, and I can't wait to find out the outcome of this upcoming altercation. Much =D=

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Go, Liam! Show that Janus-faced Sith lord who's boss! Woo-hoo! Now get cracking on... everything else.

And Qui-Gon's ghost? Sweetness.

I'm loving this fic, Noelie. Up!

3. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Ish: Yup ;) lol. I can't tell you are excited or anything like that.

Dear Liam deserves better than being trampled on, and so he is going to get to do just that a bit more in the future.

Araxie: Good help indeed! Thanks for reading :)

Princess_of_Naboo: Yes indeed it is a worry about who could be out in the sitting room huh?

Yes, I figured Qui-Gon had probably been screaming and yelling for a few years at folks before the ones who should have caught on did, so what about the ones that aren't known as "force sensitive". They have no preconceived notions about what should happen, and Liam had proved himself to be somewhat open to the experience before that.

Luna_Nightshade: And Just think you will have an idea before most of these good folks for the next time. I know, I was proud of him. That was the Liam I thought of when I was first writing him, and somehow I just knew the nurturer is well and good and part of him, but not all of him.
    No, Palpatine doesn't take insult easily, and he is going to be finding out that Liam will be somewhat compliant only when things are his idea, and no further.

Rk: Yes he needs to get cracking.. and he will. He has some good help :)

4. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    I lay stunned for a moment, the lovely feeling of almost sleep leaving me in a cold panic. I took a few deep breaths reminding myself not to lose my head, literally and figuratively. Willing my heart to slow its pounding rate, and convince my legs to cooperate, I threw my robe on and searched for the blaster I had put in my bedside table upon arrival.

I was relieved to find it there, and tried to check the setting in the dark. I could hear continued movement in the sitting room, as if heavy items were being dropped, ringing in my ears louder than they were.

I continued to move quietly in the darkness toward the doorway as I didn?t want to alert my visitor to the fact that I was very much aware they were in my rooms. I crept slowly toward the noise, feeling for the wall along the way.

I reached the door, and took one more moment to calm myself and palmed the panel to open the door. The sudden swoosh of the door accompanied my order, ?Lights!? The brightness of the lighting blinded me momentarily from seeing who was in the room, but I could make out the figure moving beyond the table.

I took a deep breath and was ready to fire when the memory of the words in my dream feel the living force stopped me momentarily. That moment thankfully was long enough.

The sound of frightened weeping along with the soft words, ?Liam, put down the blaster, it is just me,? shook me to the core. My Noela was here and I was aiming right at her.

It was if those words were enough to clear my vision and I could see her cowering in fear, yet still following instruction that had been given her long ago, that in the same sort of circumstances to make herself as small a target as possible, her arms circling her knees, keeping her body close to the ground.

I latched the safety and reached her in a matter of moments, ?woman, what ever are you doing here?? I groaned into her hair, aware that she was shaking with the heightened emotions of the last few moments.

I swept the hair from off her face and held it so I could see her properly, ?sweetheart you scared me to death! I could have shot you with that blaster, why didn?t you tell me that you were coming??

?You weren?t answering your messages, and Matin was being evasive.? She gulped, ?and since walking around in the darkness with a blaster in your hand isn?t something I remember experiencing before, it appears I was right. Something has happened, hasn?t it??

I felt a little guilty, knowing I had kept what had been going on from her, hoping to be able to tell her at a time and a place it could seem like a humorous story, but I knew that she wouldn?t let things rest. I just hadn?t expected her to take action in quite this way.

?Let?s get someone in to clean up this mess, and we can order up a snack and talk.? I whispered in her ear.

With a little laugh and a hiccup she returned, ?Let?s not call anyone. With the lights on and given Taia?s blessing against my clumsiness I can clean this up. Was the snack meant to remind you of the crumbs in our bed on our honeymoon, or were we going to eat it out here at a table??

I was briefly startled, as I wasn?t thinking quite like that, but she had a point. Perhaps with no children around at the moment and unexpected time alone it might be a good time to remember those first idyllic days of our marriage, just to regroup.

?You might have to tell me just what you have in mind milady,? stealing another quick kiss at the same time.

?If you promise to explain just what has been going on, I think I can arrange that.? She murmured.

~~~

?You were arrested?! Liam Senoe just what were you thinking not letting Matin contact me?!?

Noela had been cuddled to my side and with her shriek, I dramatically covered my ear, ?Noe sweetie, I only have one eardrum in that ear, careful on an old man.? I winced as a finger jabbed playfully into my ribs.

?An old man that seems to want to insist on my early death, I think,? She had propped herself up on an elbow and was pouting down at me.

?I think the force will

5. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Noela! :eek:

He nodded and then leaned over to me, ?I suppose it was impossible to give her the same order.?

Ha!

I didn?t know where to start, so Matin broke in while he buttered a piece of toast. ?I have been looking into the laws to open a school for force-sensitives on Alderaan of course.?

Oh, that is just so awesome.

I love how this story is progressing. Great job!

6. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Aagh, I missed a post! Sorry! [face_blush]

?I am the father of Maron Senoe, and his mother and I are more than competent to raise our child, to direct his talents and learning so he will grow to be the moral and upstanding man we envision. We do not need the senate or your office telling us what to do!?

=D=

I love how Liam stood up to Palpy like that. Yay!

I'm very glad that the intruder is Noela, and not one of Palpy's henchmen or something. She certainly knows how to make an entrance. :D

Very sweet scene with her and Liam.

I didn?t know where to start, so Matin broke in while he buttered a piece of toast. ?I have been looking into the laws to open a school for force-sensitives on Alderaan of course.?

Oooh, interesting!

Fabulous updates, Noelie! =D=

7. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Just perfect!!!!!!!!! I would love to see the laws there on Alderaan. Considering our beloved Bhera was eventually minsiter of education as well as Queen I'm sure there is some good background history there.

Oh and another good reason why Palpatine targets Alderaan with the death star.

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Gah! Liam!!! *Force-pulls blaster away from him* Oh...

Nice little bit of mush there, Noelie. And a school for Force sensitive? Good idea! Nice post.

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, the plot bunnies you're giving me. I'm so glad it was Noela out there because you've really had me in a right state since the last post!

10. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Princess_of_Naboo: Yup, Noela. I thought everyone would guess! Perhaps you all did and are just being really kind.. Yes, time to help out some other people, and start making a name for Liam as a Philanthropist. He is in the right place, right planet and right political connections and right connection with some folks that tend to be a little.. well shall we say activist on their part? :) Thanks for reading.

Amidalachick: Hey, you make it in here and say something and that means everything! Glad you liked Liam doing what he can. The plan is for a lot more of him making the action than having it caused to him, although of course those that are not good people here might fight that sometimes. Liam just has some good help... although he doesn't fully realize the otherwordly help for sometime.

Araxie: Well since you know so much about Breha and Bail you are going to have to help me make sure I get some stuff right, although I guess what is known can be pretty much built up.

Rk_Striker_rk: too bad Liam doesn't have you there to help, since Obi-Wan is off being a master Most of the time, and well Qui-Gon is still practicing making his presence felt. Yes.. a school... and other things down the road.

Ish: Plot bunnies??? Oh do tell! I really thought you would guess who was out there! I really did!

Thanks for reading you guys!

11. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    The minute we got back to our rooms Noela was back on the commstation, and while I asked her what was up to she refused to tell me right away, mumbling something about helping me, and waved me away. I obeyed with a kiss to her neck and got another mumbled sentence along the line of ?don?t distract me Senoe.?

Matin was smiling at me as I sat back beside him, ?She is a little relentless when she gets going.?

I grinned mischievously, and replied ?You don?t know just how relentless.?

He cleared his throat, ?As a man that has had a hard time with marital harmony, I have a feeling I don?t want to what you mean, so allow me to change the topic to the land purchases I can recommend, the final choices being yours of course.?

Matins favorite choice was something near Antibes; just on the exact opposite side from our home, but there was something about the land near Aldera.

?I was just thinking that this would be close to the city, so that families could resettle and live and work,? he pointed out reasonably.

?I agree if we are just thinking on that scale.? I replied still scanning the maps, hoping that they might reveal which would be the right choice.

?What do you mean by thinking on that scale?? Matin questioned.

I was about to answer, when Noela broke in. ?You will have to explain later Liam.?

I cocked an eyebrow at her, ?What is up Noe??

?We have an important appointment to keep.?

?Oh??

?Yes, with Bail Antilles and his young daughter Breha.?

Matin nodded smiling. ?I have been trying to get to just his gatekeeper for the last three days. I should have known you would have managed Noela. Sometimes you are valuable more than for a decoration at Liam?s side.? He teased.

~~~~

When we arrived we were ushered into the area?s I remembered from the meetings and receptions before my marriage to Noela.

When we arrived at a large, homelike sitting room a woman came forward, moving swiftly and with excitement to greet us.

?Siha!? Noela breathed.

?Senator Ovorp.? Siha returned, smiling with joy. She was wearing a gown of gold with the deep blue accents that noted her attachment to senatorial service.

?Madame Senoe is the correct title, but just call me Noela. After all these years I think that appropriate.? Noela gave her an affection hug.

I bent a little to plant a kiss on Siha?s cheek. She had always been a source of fun in the days I had courted Noela. She was a pretty thing with red-gold hair and brown eyes, and a dainty but rounded frame.

?Liam? she sighed dramaticially, ?Still devastating I see.?

Noela got down to business quickly, ?Thank you for arranging the meeting so quickly for us Siha.?

?I didn?t have to do much Noela. The educational laws along with the others addendums causing non-humans higher business license and tax rates on Coruscant have our offices worried. Bail Organa who liked Palpatine, is beginning to worry that not all that man said is what is meant.?

I looked in confusion at Noela, ?What are these other laws??

?You were so busy with the schools, you wouldn?t have noticed but non-human races are also facing what seem to be some alarming new developments. Perhaps it won?t end up being that bad, but the first proposals are very expensive and may force some off world.?

I shook my head. Once upon a time, Noela would have been working to fight these but now it was almost impossible in an official capacity. I thought of all of the non-human crews of my holos and worried about some of my friends. Who knew how all of this would hurt them?

Still I had to help who I could, and right now that was my family. If I thought of another way for others later I would. It might be a selfish agenda on my part, but it helped to keep my focus.

A little bell rang. Siha moved toward a door, ?If you will come with me they are ready for you now.?

I took Noela?s hand. I knew by her look of support that she was handing the leadership mantle to me. I squeezed the hand in mine gently in gratitude for her faith in me, and we stepped into the office

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, yay! We got to see Siha! And interesting ideas. I liked the interactions and will start preparing your campaign for Best Ensemble Cast very soon.

13. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Eeeh--you updated fast! I must catch up!

I adore this idea of a school for Force sensitives on Alderaan, with Breha at the head. It is a wonderful explanation for the sudden rage against Alderaan from Vader and the Death Star in ANH. I love how they're going to toy with Palpatine to make it work... ah, his ego should help them.

And the idea of shorthand... hehehehe, wonderfully played, Noelie.

Wonderful job--much =D= I love the intricacy of your plot and the way you're tying it into so many events in a rather logical pattern. Great job!

14. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    I can't say that I'm the expert on Bail and Bhera but I do like reading about them. I'm so glad that you found a place to put them in your story. I think it will work beautifully.

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Very nice interaxction there, Noelie. Loved Matin in the first part there, too. Lots of stuff went on here, but it didn't feel rushed or crammed. Lovely.

16. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    DarthIshtar: It made sense to have Siha there, a direct contact with people that Noela would know, but would modestly act like she didn't have huge ties to because she wouldn't see herself as that big a person in the pond. An Ensemble huh? I wasn't thinking about that... Just folks seem to fit in places at time. @};-

Luna_Nightshade: My work schedule got less hairy lately, with the addition of a supervisor, and another that can assist with some of that work, so .. I am even taking tomorrow OFF :) My daughter is now a suervisor on the day shift with my old company, so that leaves me a little more free. Not tons, but just enough to think about this pasttime I really do love, even with the panic disorder. I post and panic later... sort of like shoot first and ask questions later! [face_laugh]

As to the shorthand, that just sort of happened... I know you know what I mean.

I think this is going to keep going well. I love being able to bring Bail and Breha into this more, because I think they will be important for the Senoe's and their future safety.@};-

Araxie: well what you do know sis, I am trying to catch up on. @};-

RK_Striker_JK_5: Glad you like the interaction. I figure the Senoe's started laughing, and should just keep it up. Even in bad times. I love Matin so he is fun to write with them. I am glad it didn't feel to crammed. Lovely? How kind :) @};-

17. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    I really thought that some goon of Palpatine's was coming to get Liam.

The 'shorthand' at the end was really cute.

I'm loving the two Bails and Breha. I hope they can find some good ex-Jedi or something to help them.

Lovely update! Nice and relaxing to read after a long day of college.

18. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Princess_of_Naboo: I am glad that it was something enjoyable for the end of your day.

Yes I think that Breha will be a fun addition to what is going on, and the two Bails should prove helpful.

Yes, I hope they find some good people to help them demi-Jedi wise!

19. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Another wonderful post! I like how you've added Bail and Breha.

Both men laughed and even the girl quietly smiled. ?You are either very brilliant, or a natural politician Liam. Proposing that we stroke his ego to fall in line with the plan is brilliant.?

They're beating Palpatine at his own game! Ha! I love it.

And the last scene was adorable!

Great job, Noelie! =D=

20. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Yeah.. just no one knows how deep the game goes, but I am sure there had to be folks that didn't like him before he proclaimed himself Emperor.

I loved to add Bail and Breha too. There couldn't be something major like this on Alderaan without them knowing, condoning and helping.

I really liked the shorthand too. :)

21. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    To say that we were very busy over the next few days would be an understatement. I still was not sure which property we were going to purchase, but I knew that I still felt the school should be on the caldera near Aldera.

I was studying the holos that Matin provided for us, looking at them as if there were some piece of information that would jump out at me to decide. I knew that Aldera might be easier for Breha to manage, as her plan was to go back to Alderaan. Following in her father?s footsteps she was bright, elegant and very kind. She would make the perfect spokeswoman for this project, which had grown larger in ways Matin and I hadn?t even concieved.

Noela paused to look at the maps, "So what are you favoring?" She ran a finger over the maps.

"I wish I really knew, love." I picked up the hand that was on my shoulder and kissed the palm. "I do not want to make this on all the intellectual reasons Matin is giving me, but the emotional one here." I pointed to my heart. "But then I am afraid of making a mistake."

She squeezed my hand in return and bent her head to rest on the top of mine, "If you have a preference I think that is what we should go with, all due respect of course to Matin."

The door chimed to our rooms, and Noela stood to go answer it, calling after her, ?you probably just need to remember to not think and just feel the force.?

That sentence made me freeze instantly. I remembered my dream and all too well that it was almost his personal catch phrase. Don't think, feel the force. I didn't have the force so I had no idea how to even begin to accomplish such a thing.

I looked up as my wife ushered in Breha Antilles. I stood immediately and she rushed forward with her hand extended, "Please don?t stand on ceremony for me sir." Her voice was quiet and beautifully modulated.

"We are honored, lady." I said indicating a comfortable seat for her to use.

"Liam, I hope I can call you Liam," She asked, and I shrugged slightly startled at the suggestion that I would go by anything else. "I have been so excited the last few days."

I smiled, casting a quick glance in Noela's direction, as she came closer to give Breha a cup of tisane, smiling larger as she returned my glance.

"You liked the idea?"

"I loved the idea. I had been wondering what I was going to do, how I was going to fit in. I am not a politician, and yet I was destined to a family that serves in such a way. I love learning, and I am proud of Alderaan and its rich history in art, music and philosophy."

"Indeed," I agreed taking my cup and squeezing the hand that proffered it at the same time. "Then our school will be fortunate."

She sat forward in her seat and began to look over the maps I had been looking at, and traced a finger over the borders of the property markings. "Are these the proposed properties?"

"Yes, but I don?t know what to do. This is too important to make a mistake with, and I feel the force has a definite hand in what is happening around us."

Breha took a closer look and her smile beamed up at me as she glanced up. "This was a favorite place for my family when I was a child. Did you know there are the most interesting caves there?"

"Caves?" I questioned looking at Noela who also looked like she remembered something.

"I remember those now. I hadn?t thought of them for years, and it didn?t even occur to me when I first looked at the map. My father and mother took me to those before they died, and Qui-Gon and I explored them a little bit a couple of time when we were in conferences in Aldera." She shook her head in memory. "Qui-Gon said he like the feel of them. I just liked the astounding beauty." She shrugged.

That was all it took. I picked up my commlink and called Matin, "Please make arrangements to see if we can make an offer on the property near Aldera."

~~~~

The two Bails, Matin, Ciel and I met a few days later at the Alderaanian offices. Breha elected to stay with Noela since Kavan had also brought them to his home so that we could spend some time together

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ooh, ten years old. That's portentious. I love hte way you write Breha.

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Great post, Noelie. I agree with Ish. 10 years... not good there.

24. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    Oh no, what's happening at ten years old?

Wonderful update. I loved the whole 'gang' you had there.

25. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    I love the warm fuzzies that come with thinking about a beautiful school for Force-sensitives and non-sensitives. Seems like just the apradise that the Saga needed.

But 10 years into it, things going wrong? What did Palpatine do.... oooh boy.

Wonderful job, Noelie. Much =D= I'm just happy sitting here trying to imagine a GFFA Hogwarts... mmmmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.