main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga By Small Things--Author Note First Post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Noelie, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Ish: Glad you liked Breha :) .. now you know my focus it makes sense.

Rk: Yeah.. 10 years... not a good time in this universe.. is it?

Princess: Yes I have a whole gang and to a degree most of them will be around still. Breha is just too fun not to have.

Luna_Nightshade: I had to reply just because of what you said.. .the PLOT bunnies that could go off this one.. Liam as dumbledore? Mere as McGonagall? The possibilities are just too endless! I suppose the middle years will have to be tackled at some point!

However for what was going on in my head ... the villiage and artisans they create are much like the world (which looks like Naboo) in Star Trek Insurrection. I swear if that place existed I would find a way to live there and tell them if all they had for me that I was good enough to do was to pull weeds then pull weeds I would :)

2. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Oh boy what next? The calm before the storm. I am enjoying your cast of characters. Each time you bring someone new in the excitement builds.

3. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, yay! They built the school! [face_dancing]

Life again returned to some sort of peaceful norm until the events during my sons 10th year. The warning that things were starting to unravel came strangely from Anakin during one of their visits to our home.

I'm glad they've had some peace...but this sounds so ominous. [face_worried]

Great post, Noelie, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

4. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    Araxie: Hi hon, yeah.. a few more folks..it is a big galaxy!

Amidalachick: Yeah, they get the school built and there is a few years of peace, but as we all know, the lull is where Palpatine is really laying his ground work..with everything and everyone.

Thanks for reading! I am sorry I didn't answer before this.

~~~~

As our children grew, so did our school over the next decade. It a wonderful time where our family cemented the bonds that would be the only thing strong enough to carry us though the extreme pain after.

The only thing that stands out in my mind even now is that as inexplicably that the troubles left our family they began again. We had begun to take for granted our peace, and with the drawing of that curtain our lives were never certain again.

At first the only notice was when our mentor and friend Queen Breha had the first of what were several difficult attempts at becoming a mother. It has been said that the most alluring thing in the world was a woman truly in love with you and it hadn?t taken many years for her to tear down the defenses of Bail Organa. They had been married for a couple of years at the time of this distressing loss.

At that miscarriage her friendship with my Noela grew. She had heard the story or our little Mere, even coming out to visit the memorial for her in our gardens. That Noela?s road to motherhood had been long and difficult meant that Breha had someone to confide in that wouldn?t tell her platitudes about how things would go better next time. Even then we all sensed this wasn?t a one time event, even if all our prayers were otherwise.

The next sign I can pinpoint was the continued messages from Count Dooku, as he styled himself due to his hereditary rank. They were upsetting to Noela who had put the events of Qui-Gon and their difficult relationship behind her; her shaky self-confidence in this one area would not allow her to see their past in any other way but that he pitied her. Not even my knowledge of his final message would shake her in that resolve.

Dooku was insistent and now included even me in his plans to join the best of the Galaxy together to put right the troubled republic. Still it left Noela confused because of his antipathy for her that she was not Jedi when he knew her during her youthful friendship with Qui-Gon. The new spin that he had always liked her and that the ensuing hurt from Qui-Gon?s one foray into a committed relationship was the plan of the council didn?t sit well with my wife, who felt they hadn?t done anything to motivate Qui-Gon?s choices.

The third thing was a visit from Obi-Wan and the now grown Anakin. Looking back everyone knew that he had a long friendship with the Chancellor. What we couldn?t have foreseen was the half-truths carefully fostered to cloud the judgment of a brilliant but confused young man.

~~~~
    ?Papa, they are here! Mamma is with them now, but asks you to come home.? Maron?s eyes were shining. His brother Owyn was following him serenely observing his world from his grey-blue eyes. It struck me that in all the ugly accusations if I were ever suspect one of my sons to be Qui-Gon?s it would have been Owyn.

He wasn?t force-sensitive as they would have it; his count was just under the cut-off point for indication of possible success in such training, but his instincts were excellent and his calm, studied way of looking at the world was sometimes eerily like the Jedi Master. It only made him that much more endearing, and his care of his family, particularly the welfare of his mother was his finest trait.

Maron on the other hand had a sense of humor and fun, which I recognized from my being a boy. We literally had to be watching not to sit on various reptiles or spiders that he would bring into the house, giving his mother frequent heart palpitations with his antics. Emarli was usually the one to sigh in disgust and grab the offending animal and take it to some safe place, threatening to lock Maron in a closet the next time he chose to scare Noela.

?So Anakin and Obi-Wan have arri

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    *arch eyebrow* Oh, heavens. It makes perfect sense. Well, I'm speaking specifically about Anakin, but you get the point. I love Emarli as a teen (she is a teen by this point, right?) and lol at including Carmyn.

6. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    So Anakin is Angry, seems he is like that most of the time. :)

Love Camryn, she is a wonderful OC! I hope to see more of her. Emarli is cute as always.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice, Noelie. Loved the kids, there. Anakin... *Rolls eyes* What a moron, there. But he was like that in the prequels, so good characterization. ;)

8. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Whoa. Palps been wispering in Anakin's ear, eh?

Very interested to see what happens next.

9. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    DarthIshtar: Yes she would be a teenager by now since she would have been five or almost five when the twins were born.

Araxie:Yes, Anakin was pretty much always angry. Of course that seems to be normal from some boys. Glad you liked Emarli and yes Carmyn was a lot of fun when Ish created her. We do hope to see more of her

RK_Striker: Yup Jon, he was always angry and never sure why in the prequels. The kids should be fun. Thanks for reading.

Princess_of_Naboo: Palpatine would do anything that would ensure his ends. It isn't so much that the Senoe's are that important, rather it is just one more way to make the Jedi look less than appealing. So a few half truths here and there would be perfectly in context and keep everyone perfectly unbalanced.

10. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    ?I am sorry Liam. I shouldn?t be angry with you now, because you are here to take care of Noela as he would have wanted.?

I was ready to thank him for damning me with faint praise, but I still waited to listen. There was something more behind this, something we were all missing in the immediate picture.

After a moment of consideration I clarified, ?I take care of Noela because she is my wife and I love her. That it happened to also fulfill the request of Qui-Gon Jinn is a nice extra, but not the reason it happens.

?That the Jedi order is so dogmatic about attachments is the reason you have that happiness. Surely you appreciate that.? He was back to his former stubborn stance.

Obi-Wan stood, his whisper the quiet menace of a parent having reached his limit. ?Where is this coming from Padawan? In either event, which is not the whole truth as I know it or Noela tells it, Liam is hardly to blame.?

?Chancellor Palpatine says?? He started.

?This is about Palpatine? I have warned you to be very careful with him Anakin.? Obi-Wan?s voice was one of long-time frustration.

We knew that year by year the man had seemed to take a great interest in Anakin than ever before. Anakin was shaking his head in denial, ?it is also what I remember.?

I spoke up, ?What is it that you remember? Think hard Anakin to what you knew as a child, to what you might have added as an adult trying to make sense of the past. Memory is not a perfect thing.?

?I just remember she was important to him,? he stopped in embarrassment, looking at me, but continued on. ?I remember him thinking of how she felt when she kissed him.?

?Just that?? Obi-Wan pressed, just as uncomfortable as his padawan that I might be told something I didn?t already know.

?I knew that had happened, not once but several times.? I affirmed,? never after Noela and I met, and certainly very rarely after Master Tahl?s death if at all then, and only when it had to do with their undercover diplomatic work.?

?Master Tahl?? Anakin was clearly intrigued.

?The only woman we are sure he was willing to throw away his commission to the Jedi on. Their declaration of love and commitment was a time of great pain for Noela.? I patiently explained hoping to tell this story as closely from Noela?s viewpoint than my own, since my feelings and hers on the topic were very different. If the confused young man were to know that my feelings on the subject matched his more than Noela?s and Obi-Wan?s, he would likely be put out that the one person in his corner was the one he would run through with his lightsaber for the unintended infraction toward Master Jinn.

After all who knew what Chancellor Palpatine?s thoughts were since he seemed to delight in saying things for his own political agenda?

?And she died?? Anakin asked, his original anger toward me seemingly dissipated at the moment.

?Yes she did, just a few years before Noela and I met. The reason I even had a chance with her was that she didn?t even see it coming; she was finally so convinced with her history with men that she was meant for nothing more than general non-specific admiration about her political work. I blindsided her with my attraction, but I didn?t steal her heart from anyone but herself.? I affirmed.

?What about Maron?? He asked, his face going yet more shades of red.

?What about my Son? He is my son; I have the tests here for people like you that question the old gossip. You could even ask my wife, to see her innocent eyes as she answers you, but I beg of you to accept my answers and cause her no more pain. She has more than enough over these questions.?

Obi-Wan had been quiet to this point, ?Anakin why were you and the chancellor even discussing the Jedi policy of attachment??

He seemed uncomfortable and only mumbled a, ?it was just a conversation that wasn?t important.?

He stood impatiently, but in a better frame of mind than when we started this, ?I am sorry Liam, for disturbing you on something so trivial when you have been so kind. If you and my master will excuse me,

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, I would love to see Emarli in the court. I love your Breha and the explanation of Tahl/Qui and how it affected Qui/Noela was great.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm. Interesting outburst by Anakin, there.

Hmm, how will she win that argument? [face_thinking][face_mischief]

Great post, Noelie. Great segue into AOTC.

13. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I see dark clouds on the horizon...

Lovely update, as always.

14. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    I like how you are managing to work some of your issues out. This whole set was really good, and you are getting good at getting the length of posts in. Something I am not so good about. You have set up the next installment nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.