main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

By the Grace of Lady Vader

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, Sep 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    I'm seriously crying. That was so incredibly wrenching! That is, two things were incredibly wrenching: 1. Leia thinks Han is dead and all is lost, and that's why she reached for her mother, but she's been misguided!!!! 2. There's not going to be a sequel?!! :( I am glad you didn't try to get a happy ending, because that would have been absurdly impossible. But that doesn't mean I'm jumping for joy. :(

But I don't want to put forth the wrong impression here: this story was incredible! and I really enjoyed it. Wonderful work from all three of you, and I hope to read plenty more from all of you in the future, even if it's not a sequel to this. ;)

2. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

Wow. THat was incredible. But...no sequel? NOOOOOOOOOoooooo! But I agree with Rebel Mom, sometimes the most effective end is the unresolved one. We're all fond of tying up every string, but that was a truly effective ending.

On the other hand, it would also leave room for a really powerful sequel...:D

3. Sreya

Sreya Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Wow... I'm rather creeped out that a character whose name is only one character difference from mine killed herself... (Sreya -- S'reya) That was scary.

The story was ended beautifully. However, I have to agree with those that are crying about the lack of a sequel planned. There's too much left to tell! This isn't just a case of there's nothing important left to tell. The story is only beginning! Especially for Han.

And Obi-Wan, the ghost that's just hanging around. I really feel sorry for him.

I could seriously ramble on and on about this, it was so good. I can't wait to see it all cleaned up and presented formally. Congratulations one such a wonderful tale!
    Sreya

4. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Lol-- sorry about that! [face_blush] I was trying to think of a "Bothan-esque" name, and that was the first name that occurred to me... before I remembered there was a reader here with a very similar name. I've no hostile intent towards you whatsoever-- didn't mean to creep you like that.

5. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Back to the top!

6. Kit

Kit Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2001
    Whoa, cool!!!!!!!!
    I didn't notice the last line thing--thank you so much for pointing that out!
    (I love this story!)

7. PadawanElf

PadawanElf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh! I can't believe that I only just noticed that the last sentence of the first post is so similar to the last sentence of the last post.

Whoa! That is SO good!

"Then, in a burst of courage and desperation, she ran to him."

"Then, in a rush of loneliness and despair, she grasped it."

This story is absolutely fantastic, all you authors. :) But I'm sad it's over.

8. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  9. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    UP.

Still hoping for a sequel.

:)

10. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Hi, I've been lurking a long time, but I
    wanted to say what a great story this was,
    before it gets buried. I do think
    it begs for a sequel.

11. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I have to bring this classic back to the top! :)

12. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Thanks, and welcome, Mariah. :)

13. Scribe to the Jedi

Scribe to the Jedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2000
    Oh my... wow. An ending worthy of the story, and that's saying something. Thank you, all authors!

I'll have to go find something to fill the void this leaves in my life. Oh well, there's always "The Penitent" :)

14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Back to the top! :) :D

15. Darth_Mary_Sue

Darth_Mary_Sue Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2001
    I read this whole thing in 2 or 3 sittings. Don't do that unless you want to risk frying your brain (insert drug-warning commercial here). VADER IS WHIPPED! What a concept-- but can you blame him? Wotta gal!! He's happy, she's happy-- dunno about the kids, though. This is so twisty! And twisted! Who's wrong? Who's right? AGGGGHHHH!

16. TEROSWARRIOR

TEROSWARRIOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2001
    That was an awesome piece of work, and I congratulate all,including the people who made coments. It makes the story deeper and more interesting to hear other's observations and ponderings.

Perhaps from a point of Luke-like faith, I feel compelled to believe that Amidala will gradually come back to her right mind, [she has been rather highly stressed lately] that the combined good in her and the children will succesfully set things right.
    I just cannot, in any story, see my Queenie turning to the dark permanently.

Plus, now that Palpatine is extinguished, what reason is there for Vader to be the dupe of the dark side? I don't think Queenie or he would like ruling as despots. And there are such things as contructive despots. Methinks the Lord and Lady would purge corruption from the galaxy and then bring back some form of Republic. That is what I would do.

Gratitude enfolds you for writing this daring story. May it live as long people can benefit from the insights you have placed within it.

Illuvatar

17. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Thank you both for your compliments. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

18. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Oh.....wow...I don't even know where to begin. Okay, I came on here *HOURS* ago to write a quick post (on another thread even!) and leave. Something made me click on this story first and it's now 3:30 in the morning, I am sleepless, and I *still* didn't even write the one post I came on here for!

You're story completely pulled me in, and all three of you did an AMAZING job. I kept telling myself "okay, just read *one more* section and then go to bed..." Well, that didn't work out too well. But it was worth it. What a gripping story. Wonderful. Since I read it all in one night, I don't even know where to begin, but I loved what you did to the Amidala character. Well, er, actually I *hated* her. Hated. And up until that Lando POV post, I thought I was crazy and the only one. But I pretty much loathed her from the beginning, even if at first, I couldn't figure out exactly *why*. But as a character, I thought she was brilliantly done. Complex and interesting.

Wow.

Same with Vader. He literally almost seemed the 'lesser of two evils' at the end.

And speaking of the end: wow, again (forgive me, it's late and all my verbal skills have flown out the window). I mean, I am now *thoroughly* depressed, especially since most of the night my voice almost grew hoarse cheering on Leia ('Yeah!!! Don't give in to them! Stand your ground!') and then she went and took her mother's hand (grrrr...I *hate* her!!!!!) and I wanted to cry. Aw, and poor Han...and poor Yoda...Luke....yes, very depressing. But very effective. I *know* I'll still be thinking of this story for a long time to come.

So thanks a lot. This story was waaaaay more than worth the sleep deprivation it resulted in. :)

*sniff* but, aw shucks, noooo sequel?

Stoned Rose :D

19. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    Well said, StonedRose!

Yep, a sequel would be awesome. I'm still hopeful...

20. Darth_Mary_Sue

Darth_Mary_Sue Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2001
    Amidala could go either way. If I'd been Palpy's prisoner for 20 years, I'd be even crazier. (Sic the Gungans on him! Blow up his Star Destroyers!) But Ami's incredibly strong; maybe the power won't go to her head.

Poor Leia. I can't blame her either. She feels she's lost everything-- why not patch up things with the folks?

Vader just wants to keep Ami happy. Don't you love a man who has his priorities straight?

Luke doesn't have Leia's smarts, but he sees things more clearly. He understands the big picture and will do what he can to keep Mom from going off the deep end. Once again, it's all on his young shoulders.

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001

Don't forget Han, full of the desire for revenge and in charge of what's left of the rebellion. It won't take long for him to find out Leia's alive. I can't imagine Amidala keeping her daughter out of the spotlight that long -- she'll want to show off her "happy" family.

Chant with me now:
    "sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"

22. set271

Sep 11, 2000
    greencat336:

"Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"

I'm chanting along with you.

I don't know, I'm not sure I'd want Leia to patch things up. I'm not sure if Luke sees things more clearly. I KNOW Han's out for revenge.

So I'd love to see how these things play out in BRILLIANT ami-padme, JG, and A21 style!

"Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"
    "Sequel"

23. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    He,he,he.
    Sequel
    Sequel
    Sequel

24. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999

Thanks, guys. There really are no plans for a sequel, though.

BTW,
    ------
    "Vader just wants to keep Ami happy. Don't you love a man who has his priorities straight?"
    -------
    LOL, Darth Mary Sue. :D

25. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"